Pitch Black Cyn

Chapter 2

Cryogenic chambers never put her to sleep, or even made her drowsy, but Cyn took a catnap anyway.

No need to worry the crew with her immunity to drugs…

When the first little speck of rock bumped into the hull, she was immediately alert.

Ears swiveling around in confusion, she ducked when small rock burst through the metal next to her head.

‘Crap!’

Kicking the door off and jumping out of the pod, Cyn rolled to avoid more lethal projectiles whizzing overhead.

Her feet hit something sturdy, and the cat-girl braced her legs while uncurling from her protective ball.

Sprawled on the floor, heart pounding with adrenaline, Cyn looked up to find the prisoner n the pod that had steadied her.

A hint of amusement crossed his expression, even through the goggles, and she gave a lazy smile in return.

“Hi.” She greeted breathlessly.

Before the man could say anything in return, the sharp whistle of fast-moving projectiles warned Cyn of danger.

“CRAP!”

Straightening out her knees and lying flat, she avoided the next barrage of bullet-like asteroid fragments.

“…Well, THAT could have ended badly…”

Ears twitching around to catch anymore dangerous sounds, she flipped to her feet, tail wrapping around her thigh.

Taking the time to give him a once-over, and liking what she found, Cyn was a bit distracted when the vessel suddenly hit atmosphere.

Jolted roughly, she instinctively latched onto the closest stable object; the prisoner.

Digging her claws into his black muscle shirt and straddling his waist to keep from losing her grip, Cyn hid her face in his shoulder to protect her eyes from debris.

Her ears lay back in preparation for a loud crash-landing, and he took the hint by doing the same.

Musk and blood filled her nostrils, and Cyn couldn’t help taking a deep breath in order to savor the scent.

The Hunter-Gratzner hit the ground the next moment, and the entire world seemed to spin until the vessel finally settled.

Raising her ears first, she cautiously lifted her head when no loud noise assaulted them.

Face-to-face with her human seat, Cyn fought down a half-embarrassed blush as he smirked.

“Comfy?”

His voice was so deep that it went straight through her body, but Cyn managed to pull together her confidence instead of falling apart in a moaning mess.

“Yeah, actually.”

With a mischievous smile, she settled down more comfortably on his lap, grinding against his hips.

“How about you?”

A low, pleased growl rumbled through his chest and to Cyn’s hips from the point of contact, and she nearly squirmed.

“Perfect.”

She couldn’t help a purr when he bit at her neck, taking her scent in slowly.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve smelled beautiful.”

Cyn felt a wetness growing in-between her legs, and did squirm this time, instinct telling her to relieve the pressure.

His chuckle made the feeling stronger, and Cyn mewled as a strong hand grabbed her tail just under her revealed blades.

“Cute.”

She would have pouted, but he was standing up at the moment, so she clung to the man’s shirt to keep from falling on her ass.

A nip on her ear made Cyn shudder, pulling back so the heat in her belly would stop flaring, but an arm around her waist prevented that course of action.

“Don’t get yourself caught, kitten. I’m coming back for you.”

Staying put as he disappeared into the shadows of the crashed vessel, Cyn took a deep breath to relax, sheathing her tail-blades.

‘God, I think I DO need psychiatric help…’