Pitch Black Cyn

Chapter 3

Unlike most of the soon-to-be passengers, Alpina liked to check out the ship she was trusting her life to for an indefinite amount of time.

Skulking around the shadowy corners of her section, bat ears twitching as light bounced off the visor protecting her eyes, a high-pitched screech escaping her mouth.

It was inaudible to the ears of most species, and caused headaches to those with more acute hearing unless they were her kind.

The sound bounced back and created an image in her mind’s eye, outlining the pods and the exits clearly.

With this map in her head if anything went wrong, and she didn’t doubt that something would go wrong with Cyn standing just outside, she leaned against her cryogenics chamber.

They’d be taking off soon…

Her ears twitched as a large group stepped on-board, and sent out a quick burst of sonic noise to check these new arrivals.

Five men surrounding one in the middle held down by metal chains, if the sound was any indication.

She felt his presence more than ‘saw’ him, like a predator stalking something quite unlike prey.

It sent a shiver down her spine, but Al kept her features blank, only pointing an ear in his direction as the prisoner was situated.

Then familiar footsteps boarded, and Al relaxed minutely against her pod.

“Hey, Al.” Cyn greeted, her low voice reaching the bat-girl’s ears with familiar ease.

“Noticed the guest of honor, huh?”

Nodding, she tilted her head in curiosity, an unsaid question in the lines of her body that Cyn would see with her sharp predator’s eyes.

“Escaped convict, Riddick.”

That name registered immediately, and she straightened in interest.

“Maybe before the trip’s over, we can have a little fun.” Cyn purred, most likely smirking at the aroused shudder she caused.

“See you soon, Al.”

‘Yeah…’

Sending another soft sonic shriek towards the far side of the cargo pod, she sensed that Riddick could hear it and slipped into her cryogenics chamber with this new image in her mind’s eye.

‘See you soon…’