Pitch Black Cyn

Chapter 8

“How’d you do that?” Jack wondered, amazed once again.

“My saliva just speeds up cell regeneration.” Cyn replied, shrugging.

“It numbs the area first, though. Rapid regeneration hurts like a bitch.”

Looking down at the blonde curled up in her lap, Cyn nudged her neck, inhaling her scent and checking for a pulse.

Finding one, she turned back to Jack and tilted her head at the concentration on that young face.

“What’s up?”

“Do you always get all…angry like that when she’s hurt?”

Huffing softly, Cyn half-smiled.

“If I did THAT every time she got hurt, I’d be out of my mind half of the time.”

Her ears flicked towards the majority of the group, who were gathering supplies on a metal sled that Zeke had used to haul the bodies.

Johns was inside the ship, ‘giving them one less thing to worry about’, while Cyn sat on top of the ship with Jack.

“…Do you think they’ll let me talk to Riddick?”

“Be happy they’re letting you talk to me.” Cyn half-scolded, cuffing Jack upside the head with her tail.

“Gotta count your blessings while they’re still working for you, kid.”

“Listen to you, being all maternal…”

Al’s voice immediately had Cyn’s attention, and she glared half-heartedly at the bat-girl.

“If you EVER scare me like again…”

“I know, Cyn…” Al replied tiredly, ears twitching beneath the bandana as she forced herself into full wakefulness.

Frowning in annoyance at the dismissal of her threat, and knowing she wouldn’t hit Al for it, Cyn slid down the metal to the sand.

Putting Al down on her feet, the cat-girl made sure she found her balance before looking up at Jack.

“Come on, kid. I’ll catch you.”

If she hadn’t seen Cyn break a spire in half with her bare hands, Jack wouldn’t believe the cat-girl capable of it.

Holding her breath, she jumped, closing her eyes and not opening them until surprisingly-strong arms stopped her descent.

Opening her eyes to Cyn’s smirk, Jack relaxed.

“Good, kid.” She praised, setting the runaway down.

“Why don’t you help Shazza get ready to head for the settlement?”

Nodding obediently, Jack rushed to do just that as Cyn turned to her mate.

“Cute kid.”

Rolling her eyes behind the visor, Al turned towards the ship’s entrance as Riddick exited, unchained.

Cyn straightened once she noticed, and the movement caught his attention immediately.

Feeling the weight of his gaze, she nearly fidgeted before Johns came out, forcing the convict to keep moving.

Quirking an eyebrow, Al looked up at her mate.

“…You’re getting horny, aren’t you?”

“NO!”



“…Maybe-Yes…”

Looking amused, Al turned and started walking towards the group of survivors.

“Unfortunately, I’m still a little weak from the blood loss…”

Cyn’s eyes lit up at the underlying implication, the permission to sate herself with someone else, and she hugged the shorter girl in her joy.

“Thanks, Al!”

Smirking as the cat-girl practically skipped ahead of her, Al chuckled softly.

“You’re welcome…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking across the desert, even with a breather strapped to her belt, was NOT the way Cyn liked to travel.

The heat of three suns was starting to make her drowsy, and every instinct was telling her to lie down for a cat-nap.

Al giving the occasional kidney-punch was the only thing keeping her from doing just that…

When her kidney was numb, Cyn figured it was a good time to fall back and allow feeling to return.

This caused her to walk alongside Riddick, who was lugging the sled full of supplies by himself at the back of the group.

‘And they call ME an animal.’

She still enjoyed watching Riddick move, how his muscles shifted under his sun-darkened skin…

“Enjoying the show, kitten?”

Realizing that she’d been caught openly staring, Cyn half-smiled.

“How can I not?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riddick could smell the sweet, musky scent of her arousal once he’d stepped out of the ship.

Whenever Cyn got near, the scent was nearly overwhelming, and he was tempted to jump her.

It didn’t help that she was walking so close now, and that their height difference gave him the perfect angle to see down the valley between her breasts…

That’s when he noticed Cyn watching him just as intently, the tips of her blades poking out of the sides of her tail.

It was a sure sign of her arousal, Riddick had learned.

“Enjoying the show, kitten?”

Her ears twitched, responding immediately to his voice even though it took a moment for Cyn’s brain to catch up.

The slightest of smiles crossed her face, unashamed and too damn sexy.

“How can I not?”

Riddick had never wanted to ravish someone so much before, and the urge to do so, even in front of the group, was strong.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, a fallen bottle of alcohol distracted him from the thought.

Leaning down to scoop it up, he looked at a startled Paris, who had come to retrieve his cargo and looked like a nervous rabbit.

Visibly gathering his courage, Paris stood and offered a hand to shake.

“Paris P. Ogilvie. Antiquities dealer, entrepreneur.”

With a predatory edge to his smirk, Riddick accepted.

“Richard B. Riddick. Escaped convict, murderer.”

Cyn was trying to hold in her laughter at Paris’ expression out of Riddick’s peripheral, and he offered her the bottle.

“Ladies first.”

Quirking an eyebrow, she accepted the bottle with an amused tilt to her mouth.

“First time anyone’s called me a lady.”

Popping the top off with a claw, Cyn took a long swig, tail flicking once as a purr rumbled through her chest at the burn.

“Not bad.”

Handing it back, she cracked her shoulders as the alcohol moved sluggishly outward from her stomach.

“Not nearly enough to get me tipsy. You might as well enjoy it.”

Finishing off the bottle, he dropped it carelessly into the sand and watched Paris scuttle off in fear.

‘Interesting…’