Status: Slow updates. Will start being sooner and sooner.

Fathers?!

Chapter Nine

Kelsen's P.O.V.

As I slid up into Drew's truck Haylee took my hand, I smirked knowing that for this small ride, I could have a moment with my second love. I guess if I had to choose between Emerson and Haylee, I would go with Haylee. She just had a fire to her that Emerson just didn’t hold to me anymore. I hated lying to Emerson though; to know that he trusted me, and I had enough thought to just break that trust for his sister scared me. If I dumped Emerson, and got with Haylee what would happen then? Would I cheat on Haylee if I got bored with the relationship? That in itself was enough to scare me out of both of my relationships.

As Drew’s truck neared Logan’s house I could see Connor and Emerson cuddle against each other as they started to doze off. I tried not to get pissed as I was in the back trying my best to keep the connection with Haylee to only holding hands. I hopped out of the truck as the engine was cut and held my hand out for Haylee to take and step down. I could feel Emerson’s eyes burning against my skull as he climbed out of the truck on his own. Maybe helping his sister out before him wasn’t the best thing to do… I bit my lip and chased after him until I heard a yelp then a cry of pain. I looked back to see Adam lying face down in the dirt, tears pouring down his cheeks. I bit my lip harder, but stopped as I tasted rust I spit on the ground and watched as Drew helped him off the ground and into the house. Drew really wasn’t that bad if you took the time to know him, but for some reason he had something held above Connor’s head that had been there since the day they met.

I followed everyone else shut the massive door. Birdie and Logan would be here soon, and so would the rest of the party. I wandered the hallways until I found the kitchen, grabbing a dish rag and some ice I retraced my steps back to the entry way and to the living room where the lonesome couch sat with a bummed looking Adam sat alone. I figured everyone else had gone their separate ways to explore the home.

Not even ten minutes later Emerson made his way into the living room. I patted the spot next to me;“Come sit with us, keep Adam company” I flashed Adam a smile before looking back at Emerson, for the first time that day I took a real good look at him. He wore a black skinny jeans and a purple shirt that had ‘I steal cupcakes’ scrawled across the bottom; purple high top converse adorned his feet and purple and checkered beanie sat upon his head, more than likely covering the head of hair that had gone with a brushing that morning. He played with the edge of his shirt nervously and then looked back at me, shaking his head. He quickly made his way out of the room and came back with a note, this time though, tears rolled down his beautiful cheeks.
I unfolded the note as he once again left the room. Adam, who had kept quiet finally opened his mouth. “He’s breaking up with you.” He muttered. I shot him a glare before bounding after my boyfriend, I found him in Connor’s room curled in a ball in Carrie’s arms. As she saw me she only pointed her finger at the door and shook her head. I opened my mouth to speak but Haylee came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

“Atleast we’re not going behind his back anymore. We can be us, the true us.” She whispered as she pressed gentle kisses against my neck. I grabbed her hand, and led her to Logan’s room where I’m sure we wouldn’t be interrupted.

The last thing I heard from Emerson was a sob that chilled me to the bone.
♠ ♠ ♠
so...uh...update. :D yay!