Storm Before The Calm

dix



I was downstairs, popping some popcorn, leaning against my counter, and drinking a Gatorade. Olive had gone upstairs to get Ally to bed in Peters' room and get changed. Olive wasn't drunk, but she wasn't 100% sober, either. If LaRose were here, he would definitely be telling me to “tap that”. However, I wasn't Rosey, and I actually wanted to keep her around. I really like her. I like how she treats me like a real person, instead of a celebrity. I like how she doesn't like me just because I'm the “Justin Bieber of Raleigh”. We can actually have a normal conversation and she isn't worried about how I think of her. She's just being her, not trying to be someone that I would like.

I heard whistling coming from the stairs and I saw her walk down, wearing a huge shirt with ELO on it, yellow sport shorts, and white tube socks, pulled up to her knees. She had taken off all the makeup she had on before and braided her hair. Her blue eyes blinked at me and I realized how beautiful she was. I knew she was pretty from the moment she walked into the Fan Fair, but she really was one of the most beautiful girls I had seen. Girls would would try to throw themselves at me, with their over-worked hair and faces caked with makeup, but not Olive. She normally wore makeup, sure, but she didn't have to. Not to mention, it just complimented her features, not covered it up. In the dim light of my kitchen, I could see that she was a natural beauty. I realized that I had been staring at her for too long and she was looking at me, so I figured I should say something.

“What is 'ELO'?” I asked, pointing to her shirt. Her jaw dropped in a cute, exaggerated way. Whoops. Wrong thing to say, apparently.

“Please tell me you did not just ask that.” she replied, putting her hands on her hips. She looked genuinely shocked and I felt stupid, not knowing what it was.

“I'm sorry...?” I replied, in somewhat of a question. She shook her head.

“You obviously have lived a sheltered and unfortunate life to not know the beautiful band by the name of 'ELO'.” she said, opening my fridge. I love how open she was, to go fishing in my fridge without even asking for permission. It was like I had known her for years. Her nose crinkled adorably when she couldn't find what she was looking for.

“Drinks are in the bottom drawer.” I announced, opening the microwave, that had beeped, alarming me that the popcorn was ready. I got it out and when I turned around, she was bent over, fishing in the drawer for a soda. I fought it off as long as I could, but her yellow shorts made it impossible not to look at her butt. She stood up, with a 7-Up in her hand. She went into the pantry and scanned it. I chuckled.

“What are you looking for?” I asked.

“Nothing in particular.” she admitted, with a smile. “But you can find out a lot about a person by what food they eat.” I nodded, pouring the popcorn into a bowl and tossing away the bag. Olive was stretching when I turned around and her shirt raised, exposing her flat stomach. She was tempting me, I swear. I reminded myself that I had only known her for a day and I shook those naughty thoughts out of my head. She, 7-Up in hand, slid into my living room in her socks and hopped onto the couch, folding her legs under her. She was really mature for her age, but just like me, she acted like a kid sometimes. She looked over at me, patiently waiting for me to come over and start the movie. I walked over and set the bowl on the table and sat down, hitting play.

Twenty minutes into the movie and I realized that I was thinking about what I should do instead of the frustrating time-traveling life of Marty McFly. What should I do? Put my arm around her? She'd probably think I'd go for her boob. Maybe I should pull her close to me? I looked over to how far away she was, noticing that on the couch, she was on the other side. I noticed goosebumps on her legs, so I got the blanket that Peters kept behind the couch and opened it, tossing it over her legs. She smiled at me, but adjusted it so it was covering my lap too. She looked a little tired, but I didn't think that she would fall asleep.

“Thanks.” she replied, turning back to the screen. She took the popcorn on her lap and started munching on it. I wondered if she was feeling as awkward as I was, or if I was the only one. I think she caught me staring at her, or maybe she just wanted to solve the problem herself because she eventually spoke. “I love how I'm like, hogging the popcorn. Here. Lemme move over so we can share.” She scooted over so she was next to me. Her thigh bumped against mine and I wanted to do nothing more than just put my hand on it. I didn't want to scare her away, so I just reached over for some popcorn that was on her lap.

The whole movie, I heard an odd noise, like a soft, faint sound. It wasn't annoying, I was just curious as to what it was. Was there a window open? Maybe the fridge is popped open. I looked around the room and I realized that she was reciting the whole movie. The sound was her perfect lips forming each word.

“Are you reciting this?” I asked, even though I knew that she was. Her cheeks covered with a blush and she hid her face in her hands.

“Yes.” she mumbled, giggling. She never failed to be adorable.

“How do you know this whole movie?” I questioned, laughing. She lifted her head.

“Its a gift.” she said, finishing off her soda. She stood up and threw it away. When she came back, she tore the blanket off of me and threw a pillow on my lap. She laid down, head on the pillow and legs on the rest of the couch. She covered her body with the blanket, laying on her side, as she faced the television. The hair on the back of my head stood up and I hoped that she didn't move too much or get me too excited. I looked down and studied her face. The movie was reflected on her blue eyes and her perfect nose crinkled when she laughed at something on screen.

“Olive, the movie-” I began, but when I looked down at her, her eyes were closed. Her rose colored lips were parted so she could let air pass through. I looked at the clock on the microwave and saw that it was about two o'clock. I needed to get to bed if I was gonna be worth anything tomorrow... or, today.

“Olive...” I said in a low voice. I lightly shook her shoulder. Her eyebrows furrowed and she grunted. She turned into my stomach and buried her face in my shirt. I chuckled and tucked her hair behind her ear. I shook her again. “Olive, get up.” She flopped onto her back and creaked open her eyes. I looked down at her and she looked up at me.

“You gotta get up. Unless you wanna sleep on the couch.” I spoke. Actually, truth be told, I wasn't sure where else she would sleep. Allyson took Peters' bed and we don't have another room. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands.

“Nope. Allyson is waiting for her lover to come join her.” she joked, standing. She stretched, getting up on her toes and yawning. I balled the blanket up and she clucked her tongue, folding it quickly. I was never the one to clean stuff up. I was used to my parents doing it. Peters always got on my back for it. She smiled and set it on the couch.

“You can sleep in my bed if you want.” I blurted out. She cocked an eyebrow at me. I just wanted to crawl in my corner and die. Why the hell did I say that? Now she thinks I just want to sleep with her. “I mean, its bigger than Peters' and-”

“Sure.” she answered, turning off the t.v. and she made her way up the stairs.

The walk up those stairs had never seemed longer before in my life. My heart was racing and my palms were sweaty. What did I get myself into? I'm getting into bed with a beautiful, funny girl. Not to mention, we are both teenagers. God only knows how ridiculous our hormones are. I don't want to do anything that I'll regret, but I won't deny the fact that I like Olive. Both with my soul and my body. I made a vow to myself not to do anything that I wouldn't want my own mother to see me do. At least, not tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Skinner's point of view, yeah? Thought I'd switch it up.

Sorry this took so long to update! I've had writer's block.

Side note, I met Skinner last weekend! Well, I didn't meet him, but I got his autograph and a picture with him. He was sweet, from what I could tell. And he didn't smile in any of the other pictures, but he smiled in mine. No big deal. Haha.

Comments, please? Hopefully next one will come out faster.