Storm Before The Calm

douze



“Here you go,” I said, setting down the plates in front of Ally and Jeff, who looked like two starving puppies. “bon appetit!” I poured Ally a glass of orange juice, which she gulped graciously. I poured Skinner some Gatorade and he took it. I felt like their mother. I blew on the cup of coffee that I had made and assembled myself a plate. I sat down between the two of them at the counter. I was going through today's events in my head. Skinner had morning skate at 8:00, but he wanted to leave as soon as possible so he wouldn't be late, even though he didn't live that far away from the arena. He had a hockey clinic at 1:00 that ran until about 3:00. Then, there would be the Red Carpet at 4:00 to about 5:30. After that, it was the Super Skills Competition at 7:00. I needed to go home sometime and I had promised my parents that I would make lunch for them and Skinner today. Which reminded me. I hadn't told him that yet. Oops.

“Hey, Skinner.” I said, after chowing down three pieces of bacon.

“Hnnfs?” he replied, mouthful of omelet. Ally and I laughed, watching him swallow the huge lump of egg, cheese, and tomato. I handed him a napkin, which he used. “Yeah?”

“My parents want to eat lunch with us at my house today. Its only twenty minutes from the arena, so I figure that we can just go after morning skate?” I said, in some what of a question.

“Oooh. Meeting the parents, already? You guys must be serious.” Ally giggled to herself. I slapped the back of her head, which she grabbed, wincing like a kicked puppy.

“Okay. I mean, do you want to come to morning skate with me?” he asked. “That would just be way easier.” I looked up at him, with excited eyes. My heart thudded faster and I wanted to do a dance in celebration. I think that the guys like me when I met them after the Draft and at the club. I've gone to a couple Hurricanes practices before, but its so different because its the ASG.

“I mean, sure, if that would make things easier.” I said, completely poker-facing. Inside, I was bouncing around.

“I'm coming too. For Mike.” Ally stated. It sounded so weird for her to call him Mike. I don't even call Skinner "Jeff" that often.

“Well, you guys want to get ready then?” he asked, crumpling up his napkin and standing up. I stared at his plate until he interrupted me. “What?”

“You gonna clean that? I made you breakfast. You can clean your own plate.”

“Don't tell me what to do.” he joked, stepping up to me, arms spread.

“You wanna go?” I threatened, pushing my palms against his muscular pecks.

“Fight fight fight fight!” Ally chanted, laughing. I playfully reached around with my leg and kicked his butt. He kicked back, but only got it to my thigh. I slapped his arms and he attempted to fight back, lightly of course. I pulled away and we both froze. He looked at me and I looked at him. It was completely quiet for a second, until I reached out, pinching Skinner's big, rosey cheeks. I saw his eyes squint and he reached out for me. I squealed and ran away, bolting up the stairs. I had kicked off the zebra flip flop slippers, in attempt to slow him down.

“Its okay! I'll just clean all this mess up.” Ally yelled, slamming dishes into the sink. I felt like a little kid again, being chased by my friend. I heard his footsteps behind me, chasing me. I didn't know where to go, so I locked myself in the bathroom. He fiddled with the doorknob and I fought to contain my giggles, gasping for air.

“You're gonna have to come out some time!” he reminded.

“Nuh-uh! I can stay in here forever!” I promised, crossing my arms.

“No you can't. You'll starve. And your parents will wonder where you are. And I'll tell them that you stayed over here last night.” he replied. Dammit. That would suck seriously.

“Okay. Truce?” I questioned, unlocking the door and creaking it open far enough to stick my hand out, for an handshake for affirmation. He took my hand, kicked the door open, and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I shrieked, begging for him to put me down. He spun me around and I got dizzy. I was squealing and he was laughing at my overreaction.
“Jeffrey Skinner, you put me down this instant!” I ordered, beating on his back with my fists.
“Okay!” he replied, dropping me on his bed. I was breathing heavy and staring at the ceiling, which was shaking wildly, thanks to my dizziness. He climbed on top of me and I blinked my eyes quickly, until his face was no longer spinning. He tickled me again and I begged for mercy. It was ten times worse than last night because we were awake and energized. Tears spilled from my eyes from laughing so hard and my abs burned.

“I-I'll p-punch you... punch you in th-the balls!” I threatened, between gasps and laughs.

“Whoa. Don't do that.” he said, stopping tickling me. I realized that he was somewhat straddling me, but didn't do anything about it. Skinner just hovered over me and I laughed. Then there was a moment, like one in the kitchen. Except this time, we were closer. And this time, Ally didn't interrupt us.

I don't know who was the one that sealed the gap. I think it was me. But as Skinner's lips pressed against mine, I honestly didn't care. I was just glad that it happened. My hands made their way behind his neck and we pulled away after a couple seconds. His lips were so soft that as soon as we pulled away, I wanted them back on mine. I would have pulled him back, but we bother just realized what we had done.

“I...uh... Igottagetready.” he blurted, flying off the bed and into his closet to pack his practice stuff. I sat up, running a hand through my hair. I couldn't believe what just happened. I slid off the bed and stood, still kind of confused. I put on my Rainbows and grabbed my jacket and went down the stairs to wait for him. Ally had just finished the dishes and she turned around to look at me.

“You look weird...” she stated. Apparently, I had a sign over my head that read, “I just kissed Jeff Skinner” because she squealed and jumped towards me. “You kissed, didn't you?” I blushed and nodded, pressing a finger to my lips so she didn't screech.

“Did you guys do anything last night? I meant to ask.” she whispered. I shook my head.

“I mean, we slept together.” I said. Her eyes bugged. “No no no no no! Like, literally, slept.” Her nose wrinkled and she crossed her arms.

“Oh.” she replied. “Well, that's good, I guess! Is he a good kisser?”

“Ally!” I replied, appalled. Then I giggled, blushing. I felt like a little school girl. “Yes.”

“Well, I'm glad that you and Skinner are doing well.” she smiled.

“How about you and Mike?”

“We're gonna get lunch after morning skate. And then he's gonna drop me off at my house so I can get dressed for the Red Carpet. After lunch with the folks, we can figure out if you want to drive or if I want to drive.”

“Sounds good!” I replied, grabbing a Vitamin Water from the fridge.

“You guys ready?” Skinner asked. He had thrown a Toronto Blue Jays hat over his hair, zipped on a jacket, and thrown on work out pants and sneakers.

“Yeah. Lemme just grab my bag.” I said, going up the stairs.

“Grab mine too!” Ally yelled up to me. I went into Peters' room and shoved Ally's clothes into her bag. Then I went into Skinner's and did the same with mine.

“Hey Skins. You want your phone?” I yelled down, after seeing it on his bed.

“Yeah. Can you grab it?” he asked.

“Sure thing.” when I picked it up, I accidentally pressed a button. It unlocked and it showed the text he had just sent. I would have put it down, but curiosity got the better of me.

did u tap dat yet?

It was from LaRose. I laughed and scrolled down to see what Skinner had said.

Shuttup Chad. I really like her.

My cheeks blushed and I locked the phone, so he didn't know I was creeping. I put the bags over my shoulder and went down the stairs.

He really likes me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like the new layout? :)

Oh. And sorry I haven't updated. I'm a loser. I really have no excuses. I'm just stupid and lame okay. Sorry!