Storm Before The Calm

cinq



Ally and Mike argued for some time and we couldn't come to a conclusion for who would go to the Draft with me. Ally decided to go to the Skills competition with me, but that meant that she would go to the Red Carpet too, so we could meet everyone. Mike was going to the game with me. I groaned, looking at my watch. I didn't have that much time before I had to get to the Draft. I drummed my nails, waiting for them to make a decision.

“I'll play you for it.” Ally decided, flashing a devilish smirk.

“You're on, bitch.” Mike challenged. They threw off their shoes, got on skates that were their size, and grabbed sticks. We brought our own sticks and pucks so we could play if it was slow. Mike and Ally both used to play hockey. I never played because I was better at soccer, but I followed the sport obsessively. I'm not Sidney Crosby on the ice, but I'm not terrible either. I've improved from how I used to play. They messily laced up their skates and wobbled to the ice. I hopped from over the counter, walking to the rink.

“Alright everyone. We're gonna have a mini-game. I need two defensemen and two goalies.” I announced to the people on the ice. They all funneled out, excited for the game.

“We're on a team.” a cute teenage boy told me. “We just came from practice. We still have our pads and everything.” He smiled at me, excited to play. I winked at him.

“Perfect! Suit up, guys.” I commanded. The goalies threw on their pads and masks and Ally and Mike were given helmets to wear. “Alright. First team to three goals wins.” I walked out to center ice and dropped the puck, then shuffled to the side of the rink, sitting on the wall to be the referee.

“You cheated!” Mike yelled, throwing his stick down. Ally and her team did a victory dance and she skated off the ice, model-walking to the stand. Mike stomped over, throwing off his skates. “You're a filthy whore.”

“Awww, thanks! I love you too.” she said, pecking Mike on the forehead. He wiped it off with his sleeve, frowning. He crossed his arms, putting on his shoes. Ally slipped on her flats and we hopped over the counter.

“We gotta go, Mike. Thank you so much for watching the stand!” I said, giving him a hug.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. You're lucky I love you guys.” he grumbled, huffing.

“I'll text you with the updates.” I promised, as we crossed the street. “Thank you, again!”

“You owe me a jersey!” he yelled. I laughed and I took Ally's arm as we trekked to the Convention Center.

“I'm so hungry, I could die.” Ally mumbled as we shoveled down the hotdogs we bought on the way. I cracked open a water with one hand, munching the hotdog.

“Same. I'm surprised I haven't like, collapsed from starvation.” I replied. I love food. Thank god I have a high metabolism, otherwise I would probably be huge.

“I'm gulping this down. I'm probably gonna get the hiccups.” Ally laughed as we threw away our trash. She handed me a piece of gum, which I gladly took, not wanting to smell like mustard. We walked to the Will Call ticket stand and we waited in line for the older woman's attention. When we approached her, she asked for my name.

“Mary Poppins.” I laughed. She chuckled as well, bringing out an envelope.

“You're the lucky Olive?” she asked, adjusting her glasses. I blushed. Skinner must have talked about me. “Jeff was so happy to reserve these. He left you this too.” She turned around, picking up a jersey and giving it to me. It was a black Canes jersey with his name on it. Good thing it was black, because I already had the red one.

“That kid is unbelievable.” I giggled, taking the things from the lady.

“You do crazy things when you like someone.” she replied. “He's a nice boy. Have a nice night.” She smiled at us and we walked away. Ally pulled me to the side.

“Okay. Its official. You guys are getting married.” she concluded. I handed her my purse and the envelope, slipping the jersey over my head.

“You are insane. We just met today, Ally.” I reminded, laughing at her. She was always convinced that I was going to marry an NHL player. It would be nice, but I'm not a puckbunny. I'm not going to chase around players because of their money. She gave me my stuff back and we walked to the entrance to the Fan Fair.

“Whatever. You know its true.” she replied, putting on lipgloss. I rolled my eyes and we followed the signs. They checked our purses and we made small-talk with the people there. We got out tickets scanned and I smiled at my brotha Abraham Lincoln.

“Hold on a second.” he said, looking at them. I started to sweat. I swear, if Skinner got me fake tickets, that kid will not live another day.

“Is there a problem?” Ally asked, cocking an eyebrow. She was thinking the same thing as me.

“You have a reserved section in the front.” he said. Ally grabbed my ear and I stuttered out a laugh. “Are you Olive?” Why does everyone here know my name?

“Yes, I am Olive.” I replied, laughing a little.

“Jeff told me to look for you.” he explained, smiling. “There is a little section roped off that is marked with your name.” He handed them back.

“Thank you!” Ally and I responded, walking in. Ally was grinning at me and I knew exactly what she was thinking. She was probably planning Skinner and my wedding.

“No.” I simply said. She broke into a laugh and we went to go look for our spot.

“Ally, I think you are going to break your jaw on your gum.” I stated as I watched her violently chew it. She looked at me and took a shaky breath. “Calm down, woman.”

“Oh. No big deal. Just going to see some of my favorite players. You know. Normal stuff that happens every day.” she said, sarcastically. I pat her shoulder.

“After being in Skinner's presence for a minute, I realized that he was a person too.” I responded. She glanced at me, nodding. “You can text Mike updates to make up for kicking his ass in public.” She laughed, which helped her ease up a little.

“Okay.” she agreed. “Its all good. I'm calm. I'm cool. I'm collected.” All of the sudden, the Team Staal captains walked out, which included Eric Staal, Mike Green, and Ryan Kessler. Ally was kind of in love with Mike Green, so she she lost her mind. The crowd started to cheer and we noisily responded too. Ally was fanning herself, being dramatic. I had to admit, I had kind of a love/hate thing for Mike Green. I used to hate his guts, but lately, he's been growing on me. I appreciate him as a player, but when he's wearing his Caps jersey, I hate him a little bit. Team Lidstrom's capitals came in suit, led by Nicklas Lidstrom, who was followed by Patrick Kane and Martin St. Louis. The roster choices walked in. My eyes scanned the crowd of men for Skinner and I saw him walking in. I tried to wave, but I don't think he saw me. I couldn't blame him. The entire crowd was made of Canes fans, so I kind of blended in a little. Our section was roped off, but we took it down because we felt like snobby queens. The guys sat in chairs that were in front of us, with a barrier between us. That was probably a good thing because I was afraid that Ally would try and attack someone. However, there was a security guard who had a tazer and looked like he could definitely take her down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have another part written, but I'm not posting it until I get some feedback. :)