Storm Before The Calm

neuf



Once we made it into the bathroom, we practically bolted for the mirrors. I could tell that Allyson was a little bit tipsy, but she wasn't completely plastered. I took some paper towel and blotted my forehead, tossing it away when I was finished.

“Speak.” I commanded as Ally brushed on lipstick. She laughed.

“He's a total sweetheart.” he started off. She pushed herself up so she was sitting on the marble counter of the sink. After closely inspecting the floor for cleanliness, I took off my shoes, letting my feet rest on the cool tiles. “He picked me up from work after I clocked us out and he drove me home. My parents weren't home because they were out to dinner... so... he came in and uh...” Her voice trailed off and her cheeks flushed. I'm not Ally's mom, but I'm her best friend. I know she's not a virgin, but she isn't exactly the kind of girl to spring into a bed with someone she's known for less than a day.

“Damn! You just met him!” I exclaimed. I lowered my voice. “Not to mention... you're 17. He could get arrested.”

“I know! I know!” she defended. “But he asked me literally fifty times if I was sure I wanted to. I mean, I provoked it.”

“Yikes, Als. I'm not sure what to think about this.” I answered. I'm no angel, but I'm not a complete demon. I get that there are those nights, but I hardly ever get into it that intimately. I've had drunken make-out sessions, but they usually don't turn into anything. “Were you safe?” That was the next question that I felt was logical.

“Uh... yeah! You think my parents would be okay with me getting knocked up by an NHL player eight years older than me?”

“How about getting pregnant in general, dummy?” I laughed, lightly punching her arm.

“That too.” she replied. The bathroom door opened and Patrick Kane's whore trudge in. When the light hit her, I realize how much spray tan she was wearing. If someone touched her face it would look like they ate Doritos. Her two slutty friends followed her, walking like they were on the catwalk. They all went into stalls to pee so I turned back to my reflection. I fixed my hair and rubbed off some eyeliner that smudged.

“So... what happened after...” I trailed off, pelvis thrusting to demonstrate. She laughed.

“Well, I packed my stuff. He offered for me to stay at his hotel room, but I dunno. I wanted to talk to you first.” Ally said as Barbie and the Pucksluts emerged from their stalls. Barbie looked at the sink and frowned. I thought she was frowning at me, until she spoke.

“What the fuuuck? There is no bathroom attendant? I never wash my own hands.” she said. I'm sure the face I was giving wasn't up to her standards, but I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of her mouth.

“That's so retarded.” Puckslut #1 responded. My lip curled up and my fist clenched.

“Oh really? I see a sink. I see soap. I see paper towels. Its not rocket science.” I said, gesturing to each item. People like that piss me off. The world doesn't need to cater to your every whim.

“Excuse me?” she asked, cocking her fake blonde mop around. Ally grabbed my arm.

“Don't fight. If we get caught, we'll have to get I.D.ed.” she reminded, in my ear. She knew me well. Sometimes, I have beer muscles and I've gotten in a handful of fights. Ally usually stops them, though, before they get out of hand.

“Nothing. Nevermind.” I retracted, nodding to the door with my head. I put my shoes back on and Ally and I left the bathroom.

Before we even took three feet from the door, I saw Ovechkin coming at us.

“He isn't that bad.” Ally said. I slowly turned to her, glaring.

“Don't make me kill you.” I threatened.

“Hello.” he said, smiling. His missing tooth gave him a sense of innocence. The smell of aftershave raped my nostrils and the light reflecting off his necklaces blinded me. I tried to remain pleasant, fighting the urge to stab him with my heel.

“Hey, Alex.” Ally said. I dug my elbow into her side. She fought back, digging her nails into my back. I decided to speak before she pierced my skin.

“I'm Olive.” I said, extending my hand because Ally flexed my elbow.

“Alexander Ovechkin.” he greeted.

“I know.” I responded. “Left. Captain of the Washington Capitals. Number 8.” His eyes lit.

“She your friend?” he asked Ally, pointing at me. His eyes traveled my body and I fought the bile that was rising in my throat. As a Penguins fan, I thought it was my duty to fight him. However, as a best friend of a Capitals fan who is screwing around with Ovechkin's friend, I figured it was best to remain civil.

“Yeah. I'm gonna go find Skinner.”

“Okay.” Ally said, as I practically ran away.

I walked through the club, finding Skinner. Once I made it through a crowd of people, I realize he was talking to a girl. I felt my hands clam up and my stomach dropped. I didn't want to admit it, but I felt jealous. She was actually pretty and didn't look fake. She had natural brown hair and blue eyes. Her skin tone looked like it had a natural tan, but faded in the winter. Her nose had a small hook that fit her face perfectly. I went from feeling on top of the world to the smallest person in the world. She was talking to him and successfully made him laugh. She laughed too and I hated how I was feeling. I decided to try to ignore it, as hard as it was. I made my way to Subban and sat next to him. I immediately took his beer, taking a huge swig. He took no time slinking his arm over my shoulders and I sighed.

“What's wrong, beautiful?” he asked, tucking my hair behind my ear. I wasn't sure what his intentions with me were, but I was feeling pretty shitty, so any attention is good attention.

“Nothing. I'm fine.” I lied, chugging the rest of his beer.

“Whoa. Slow down, sugar.” he said, lowering the now empty beer bottle. “Or... not.” Before I could steal Taylor's beer, Skinner sat down, with the girl. Good thing too, because Hall had a Natty Light, which is basically beer flavored water. Every high school party I went to had the stuff because it was the cheapest and easiest to obtain for those with older siblings.

“Guys, this is Marie.” he said, introducing her. She waved and he put his arm on the back of the couch behind her, much like how Subban was doing to me. I felt Skinner's eyes on me and I was wondering what he was staring at.

“I'm Olive. This is Subban.” I spoke up, to the girl. She smiled, nodding at us. She seemed rather pleasant, which made me feel a little better. She knew about hockey, but not quite as much as me. All jealousy aside, if Skinner liked this girl, I think he should go after her. I mean, she seemed like the kind of girl he'd like and I approved of her.

“Yikes!” she erupted into a squeal, checking her phone. “I gotta go. You know how Greg is.” Skinner laughed, nodding. She pecked him on the forehead and stood. Wait. Who's Greg? When did they get this close? Subban and Taylor watched as her shirt rode up when she stretched, exposing the belly ring she had hidden.

“It was nice meeting you guys.” she said, smiling. She turned to me. “Especially you, Olive. Here's my number. Text me if you ever want to hang out.” She handed me a piece of paper, with her number. “Don't go giving that around.”

“I won't.” I laughed. Although she was talking to Skinner, I had to admit, she was pretty cool.
“Does it count as 'around' if one of us got a hold of it?” Subban asked, gesturing to Taylor and himself. She rolled her eyes, fixing her jacket.

“Whatever, Subban. Just don't blow up my phone.” she responded, finishing off her wine.
“See you, Marie.” Skinner said, waving.

“Bye, cuz.” she announced, clomping off. Cuz? Wait, she's his cousin? A heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders and I sighed deeply, turning my attention back to Skinner. I don'tknow why it bothered me that much that I thought he liked her. He's entitled to a nice girl.

“How much longer do you want to stay?” he asked, looking at me after talking for a while. To be honest, I wasn't really in the mood to stay anymore. I mean, it would be fun if there were less people or if I was with the select group that I cared about, but I really just wanted to get to Skinner's house and chill.

“I dunno, a half hour, maybe an hour?” I replied, searching for his approval. His eyes smiled. I don't think he wanted to be here for much longer either.

“Uh... Olive, was it?” I heard a voice ask. I looked up to see Mike Green with Ally under his arm. She looked a lot less than sober. She waved, burping. Ally was a bit of a light weight.

“She all done?” I asked, noticing that she looked like a mess. Her hair was in a knot and her makeup was smeared. Yet, she still managed to look gorgeous.

“Yeah. I think her liver is gonna burst.” Green joked, adjusting her.

“Do you want her to go home with us? She'll be puking like crazy in the a.m. and you have morning skate and stuff.” I reminded.

“Can you take her? I hate to sound like I wanna drop her off, but I don't think I-” he began. He sounded genuinely concerned for her safety. She was right. He was a sweetheart.

“No! I understand. You aren't dropping her off. You're... returning her.” I laughed.

“She's not long for the world. I think she should probably get home.” he explained.

“Guys, stop being party poopers. Let's dance, Mike.” she said, grabbing at his shirt. He stayed firmly to the ground, not budging. Most guys would love a drunk chick.

“You wanna go now?” Skinner replied, already standing. Ally had stopped dancing and was staring at the ground. That meant that we had better get going.

“Yeah. She's gonna get sick.” I replied, looking up to Green. “I got her.”

“Let me help her to the car.” he volunteered, already making his way through the crowd.
“Don't leave!” Subban whined, pouting. I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I'll see you at the Red Carpet and the Skills and the game. And I'm sure you'll somehow find my number and harrass me.” I assured, laughing. I gave him a hug and he hugged me back, grazing my ass as we pulled away. I cocked my brow at him and he put his hands up in defense.

“My bad!” he said, even though I knew it was no accident. I hugged McBain and Hallsy and we were on our way. I slipped my jacket over Ally's shoulders because she was too stupid to bring her own. As we exited the back entrance, Green told the bouncer he would be returning and got a mark on his hand. I didn't realize it, but I shivered in the cold. Before I knew it, Skinner had dropped his sport coat on my shoulders and was already walking in front of me, so I couldn't return it. I couldn't help but stare at his cute ass in the pants he was wearing.

“Here we go.” Skinner said, unlocking his Tahoe. There was only one problem. This bitch was like, a good two feet off the ground. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. Don't get me wrong, Tahoes are great and all, but when helping a drunk girl into a car, its not exactly the easiest process. I opened the back door and climbed up. I was like 80% sure that Green could stare up my dress, but he didn't. He was focused on safely getting her in the car. Ally awkwardly stood on the step that I was on and flopped on the seat, groaning. Mike went to get her stuff from the car and I buckled her in.

“Please tell me you don't drive like a maniac.” I said, rubbing my temple. Skinner clucked.

“Only when Peters and I are late to practice. You know how Coach Mo can get.” he replied. I nodded, laughing. My dad wasn't a huge fan of Coach Maurice, but I liked him. Sure, I liked Laviolette more, but I mean, what can you do? He's no Dan Bylsma, but he's not awful, either.

“Here's her stuff.” Green said, jogging back to us. He put the stuff on the floor in front of her.

“I'm fine, guys, really!” Ally tried. Skinner and I snorted. Green went in the back seat and spoke to her in a hushed tone, apparently telling her to go without fighting. He gave her a kiss and hopped out, shaking Skinner's hand.

“Thanks man.” he said, patting him on the back. He turned to me. “See you at practice.

“And thank you, too. See you at the Skills competition.” With that, he left.

“Let's get a milkshake.” Skinner said, as we climbed in the car.

“I need friiiiies.” Ally moaned from the backseat.

“You aren't getting any food!” Skinner decided. “You aren't puking in my car.” I laughed.

“Skinner, she'll puke anywhere, but one place she won't puke is in a car.” I responded.

“Nope. Never.” she enforced.

“As soon as we get home, you're going to bed.” I commanded.

“Okay, mom.” she humphed.

“You'll thank me in the morning.” I replied. “And we're watching a movie. Please tell me you have 'Back to the Future'.” He turned to me.

“Which one...” he paused to start the engine. “I have the trilogy.”

I think I found my soulmate.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is long. Or, at least it seems long. Haha.

Comment please! :) And if you see spelling errors, don't hesitate to tell me!