Status: On-hold until I finish Tainted and Skipping Heartbeats.

So Contagious

eight.

The kitten had been a surprise for my parents. When I walked in carrying the kitten like a baby, my parents started arguing about keeping it. Their argument quickly escalated to the point I left the living room and went to the kitchen to find the cat some food. After I fed it, I carried it to my room and laid it down on the pillow.

After a few minutes, my parents opened my bedroom door and stared at me playing with the kitten. “We’ve decided that tomorrow you need to give the kitten away,” my father spoke.

“But,” I protested.

“No but’s, Marie. You don’t need any distractions from school and having an animal would be expensive and we are already pushing it without expense,” my mother calmly told me.

Sighing loudly, I nodded my head and watched my parents leave my bedroom. Cuddling the kitten, I stayed in the bed till the sun disappeared. When I woke up, the kitten was rubbing its face against my chin and was sitting on my hair.

Gently pulling my hair from underneath the cat, I pulled my blanket over my body and pulled the kitten to me again. “I don’t want to get rid of you, little guy,” I mumbled to the kitten who mewled at the voice. “But I have to. Hopefully you get a better life with someone else.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment :)