Born and Broken Every Single Time.

It's 'better' with an Airquote.

"It's nice to have another addition back at the table," Mrs. Way began, gaining a nod from her husband. She'd made chicken curry for the family and made a vegetable curry just for me. I could never fault the Ways on anything; they had always been so kind and treated me like another son. It was nice to feel part of this, even if I wasn't.

"Yeah, well we did have another addition," Mikey began with a grin. "Until Gerard-"

"Shut up Mikey," he interrupted, glaring at his younger brother who cackled to himself as he took another mouthful of chicken.

"Michael," his mother began, making him frown at the formality of using his proper name. "It's none of our business what happened, okay?"

"Okay," he sighed, pouting in response to Gerards grin.

As usual I'd been sat opposite Gerard. That was the usual arrangement of the table. If there was one guest, they were always sat opposite Gerard and beside Mikey. I flicked my rice over the curry with my fork repeatedly, taking small mouthfuls as Mikey practically downed his, already approaching seconds. I tensed up, dropping my fork on my plate as I felt someone's foot gently run up the inside of my thigh.

"Are you okay sweetie?" Mrs. Way asked, glancing over from her food.

"I'm fine," I replied, forcing a smile as I picked up my fork and fidgeted with the rice again. I glared over at Gerard who was staring at his curry as he ate, giggling away to himself. I saw him laugh more as he quickly glanced up to meet my glare. I couldn't help but smirk, I wish I'd thought of that first. I knew I couldn't get him off me because if my hand went under the table to push him off Mikey would make a remark, a crude and very loud one at that.

I put my fork down, feeling I was full even though I'd probably only managed about a third of the plate. No one seemed to mind though, Mrs. Way smiled that I'd eaten something, having had to put up with me eating nothing in the past. It was nice that someone accepted that, whereas at home it caused nothing but trouble.

Gerard's foot still rested on my thigh, as if it was now a footrest but suddenly he kicked me, making me jump slightly. No one else seemed to notice as they continued their chat about Mr. Way's day at work so I glanced over at Gerard who indicated to my plate. I shook my head with a smile, trying to let him know it was okay, there wasn't anything wrong, I was just full but he frowned at me.

"You don't have to wait for us to finish Frank," Mrs. Way smiled. "Just leave your plate in the kitchen and unpack or something!"

"If you're sure?" I smiled, feeling I didn't want to seem rude by droing so.

"Of course! Just go," she continued. "We could be here a while with that thing." She indicated to Mikey who sat scoffing his curry, oblivious to the comment. He was stick thin but ate so much. He never exercised bar his walks to and from places – it just didn't make sense. Then there was me, I ate one thing and I gained weight. It saddened me but I'd learn to deal with it, maybe exercise sometime.

I got up, smiling a thank you to Mrs. Way as I walked into the kitchen, scraping the remainder of my food into the bin and shuddering at the noise it made. It was horrible, I was had a problem with noises like that. I placed the plate and cutlery into the sink before I casually strolled upstairs to Mikeys room.

They'd emptied a drawer for me, which I told them was too much. I intended just to live out of my suitcase but their hospitable nature won over and I conceded defeat, now heading to transfer everything from my case to my designated drawer. As I put the remaining garments in the drawer I heard someone come upstairs, presuming it was Mikey. As the door swung open I didn't look round, expecting him to start the conversation.

"I thought you were better Frank," Gerard said calmly, making me turn around with a frown at his callousness.

"You make it sound like I was ill," I frowned. "And I am 'better'." Gerard seemed unimpressed with my use of air quotes at the term 'better'.

"Eating a few mouthfuls isn't better," he frowned as he sat on the floor next to me, leaning against the wall and curling his knees to his chest. "Show me your stomach."

"No," I snapped defensively, closing the drawer containing my collection of attire. "There's nothing to show."

"Prove it" he frowned. "Everyone seems to think everything is sorting itself out, and even if things seem better around you if you're still fucking with yourself, things are far from better."

"Fucking with myself?" I snapped. "How dare you!"

"Show me your stomach," he continued sternly.

"Why?" I seethed. "So you can kiss it better then shack up with another girl?"

"Enough of the games Frank," he continued calmly. "I'm being serious."

"So am I! Don't you realise how much you mess with me? You push things to the point I actually think I like you, then you just swan off with someone else," I spilled, shocking myself with my stark honesty. "If there's anyone to blame for what may or may not be scarred on me, it's you, not me."

"You know what?" he snapped as he stood up. "I thought I was trying to help you. Where was everyone else when you needed help Frank, huh? Your parents don't give a shit, that's why you moved out because you didn't get what you needed there. If your dad's that amazing, where is he now? He's away working, sure he moved you down here but because he showed you an ounce of compassion he was suddenly someone great to you. Just you wait, he'll say something and then you'll be throwing everything bad he ever did back in his face! My parents don't know there's been anything wrong, they're just caring and Mikey as far as I'm aware has no idea. So what do you do to the only person to offer you fucking stability in helping you? You blame me for infliction you cause on yourself! You want care Frank? You really want care? You're not the only one 'cut up' about this whole situation. That's what fucking care is, a seriously warped form of it. But thank you Frank," he paused as he swung open Mikey's door. "Because now I have nothing to worry about, I'm done with giving a shit about selfish little fucks like you."

He slammed the door behind him, leaving me sat wide-eyed at what he had just said. Each word that rolled off his tongue stung like salt in my wounds, leaving a lump in my throat at how affected my snide remark had left him. I had no idea about any of this, and with that I mustered all the strength I had in my body to drag myself off the floor. I was going to get to the bottom of this, one way or another.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N

Commentssssss?
I love you ^_^
The next chapters a "drama -gasp-" one ^-^
xXx