Born and Broken Every Single Time.

This Is The Best Day Ever.

I offered to do the dishes just to help out as Mikey headed up for a well-needed shower. Mr. and Mrs. Way retreated to the living room, leaving Gerard to clean up the table as I finished drying the last plate. I hopped up and sat myself on the counter, waiting for him to come into the kitchen. When he finally showed up, I couldn’t help but grin like a fool. It seemed infectious.

"I can’t believe it," he smiled as he walked over to me, leaning his hands on the counter at either side of me.

"I can tell," I grinned as I rested my arms on his shoulders, linking my hands under his hair.

"Thank you," he continued. "You know it’s all down to you, this."

"I didn’t do anything," I shrugged. "I just-"

I was cut off as he leaned forward and pressed his lips gently against mine. His tongue ran along my lip trying to get access which I quickly granted. I wrapped my legs around his waist, just to feel him closer to me. He pulled back for a moment before gasping another thank you and reattaching his lips to mine. We both knew that his parents settled in front of the television for the night, so they weren’t likely to walk in. It’s not like anything major was going on, it was just a kiss, sort of.

"My eyes, they burn!" Mikey sniggered as he walked in. Gerard pulled back lazily and looked around whereas my jaw just dropped. "I wasn’t that drunk," Mikey smirked. "I remember you two at the party, I just wanted to know if you’d just blame it on being wasted. It’s not like I saw Frank watching you all night or anything."

I blushed as Gerard glanced back around at me, smirking slyly as his brother spoke. I felt slightly relieved that he didn’t mind although I realised I still had my legs around his brother and quickly moved so I sat cross legged, making Gerard giggle quietly.

"So you don’t…"

"Mind?" Mikey interrupted. "I don’t mind but I can’t say it’s every teenagers dream, best friend and brother, you know."

"Just be glad it’s only that," I smirked. "If your ’rents had their way I’d be the third son."

"Please, no mental images," he smirked as he pulled a can from the fridge. "Although you might just want to move away from the kitchen, not exactly discreet."

He laughed as he walked back out of the kitchen, the water from his hair dripping a trail behind him. I just looked at Gerard as if to say ’what the hell?’ but he just grinned as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me off the counter. I followed him as we headed upstairs, glancing in to notice his parents were watching some cheesy game show on the box.

As Gerard headed straight for his room, I had to pause and think where I was going. It had become automatic for me to walk straight into Mikey’s room, but it felt so amazing to know that just now it was going to be different. I followed him into his room, closing the door behind me and stood awkwardly as he sat on his bed.

"Oh come on," he laughed. "Why the hell are you acting awkward now?"

"I don’t know," I shrugged. "I just am."

"Mature," he smirked. He always knew that would make me smile because for some reason we’d turned the arguments we had had into something to take humour from. I guess that was a good thing to do because honestly, the thought of me arguing with him crushed me and the thought of it happening again terrified me.

He stood up, walking over and reattaching his lips to mine. I felt him pull me with him as he walked backwards until his legs hit the frame of his bed and we fell clumsily onto it. I giggled as I just looked at him, just smiled back as he brushed my hair out of my face.

"Today is like the best day ever," he grinned, stealing a kiss before he continued. "It’s just so unreal. It’s perfect."

"I’m excited for you," I smiled. "You deserve it."

"Hmmm," he muttered thoughtfully as he twirled my hair. "It’s so exciting to get to look for a new place."

"What?" I asked, frowning slightly.

"I can hardly live here and do five hours in a car there and back every day," he muttered. "Weren’t you listening at dinner? My dad’s going to take me through to see places in a few days."

"Oh," I mumbled, looking awkwardly away.

"This changes nothing," he pressed, turning me back to look at him. I swear - right that moment I could have just burst into tears. Pathetic. He looked so happy and seemed to honestly believe that things wouldn’t change. I felt my heart sink as I forced a smile and nodded. As he leaned back towards me I just couldn’t look at him let alone kiss him. He just pulled away and bit his lip.

"What’s wrong?" he continued.

"Nothing," I mumbled. I made no effort to hide that there was something wrong; it was all so unconvincing. I didn’t want to admit there was something wrong, because it would mean I’d be admitting I’d lose him.

"Tell me," he sighed.

"It’s nothing."

"Tell me," he replied with a smile, moving his hands from my hair to tickle me. I bucked and squirmed at his touch, giggling profusely as I asked him to stop. "I’ll stop when you tell me."

"I can’t," I gasped mid laughter. He stopped tickling me and just looked at me, knowing there was something wrong. He could read me like a book; it kind of scared me.

"You’re not happy about this," he sighed, running his hand through his hair as he exhaled. I saw the disappointment streak his eyes just for that split second. It was horrible, heartbreaking even.

"No I am," I pressed, trying to reassure him. "I-I just don’t understand how you think it won’t change things."

"It won’t if we don’t let it," he mumbled. "I won’t go, I’ll stay if you think-"

"No," I interrupted with a frown. "You’re not giving this up. It’s your dream!"

"Yeah, but I would…"

I looked at him thoughtfully for a moment. I knew how much this meant to him and now, for him to say he’d give it all up shocked me, in fact more than shocked me. I watched as he looked at me expectantly and wondered what was running through his mind. How could he even suggest giving it up? I didn’t like the idea at all.

"Don’t give it up," I mumbled as I pulled him into a hug. As I continued my voice faltered in barely a whisper as I forced the words. "It won’t change anything."
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N

Title's obviously from the My Chem song + because one of the lines is really similar to it by accident. Braaap. Thanks if you comment :)
Ta for reading + all that :D