Born and Broken Every Single Time.

A few hours.

I woke up the next morning split between my optimistic outlook and my sadness of my pending departure. Nonetheless, I walked to school with Mikey, not letting on at my misgivings. The day seemed to go as slow as it could manage, torturing me continuously as the hours dragged on. Even English, my usual saviour class was a nightmare. Silent written test. One whole hour of silence, which was usually spent trying to suppress our laughter, but today…

Today it was a silent hour of procrastination. I sped my way through the paper, writing pathetic answers to the questions to finish about twenty minutes in, leaving the best part of the time to be consumed in my thoughts. I was happy where I was, but sometimes you had to take a step back to the past to take your prominent step into the future. I couldn't really expect my future to be with the Ways. The inevitable was happening and I was going home.

The silence was slowly eating away at me, occasionally causing me to shudder as someone's pen would scrape unceremoniously down their page or table. When you're in your own room, your own space, you can fill the silence yourself. Just simply throw on some music or television to block out the silence and dilute the chance of you becoming lost in your own thoughts, because you have a distraction.

Here, I had no distraction. I had nothing to tear me from my spiral of thoughts. I just had to last this hour, and then I could go home and it would all be okay. Just half an hour to go of this mental torture and then I could have the 'last night' and tomorrow I'd be back home, back with my family.

"Miss," I blurted out, causing the whole class to gape at me in surprise. In all honesty, I caught myself off guard slightly. "I-I don't feel well."

"Finish the paper Frank," she replied coolly.

"I am finished," I continued, feigning weakness in my voice. "I-I really don't feel well…"

"Just go," she shrugged. "I'll get your paper and that cleared up for you."

"Thank you," I replied feebly, forcing a weak smile. Inside I was desperate to grin. I'd saved my mind from this hellish torture. Silence was horrible. Silence caused you to think and become consumed in your own thoughts. Many teachers refused to let you play music in your tests, even just on your iPod because it's "too distracting" but to me, silence, that fucking sound of nothing is more than distraction, it's worse than distraction.

I picked up my bag and slung it over my shoulder as I headed out of the class, speeding along the corridors on my route home. I didn't need to text Mikey to tell him of my premature departure because he was heading to Alicia's after school anyway so it made no difference. I pulled up my hood as I walked out the school gates, slamming my hand into my pockets as I walked. Outside, it was bitter. The cold seemed to rip straight through my layers of clothes and attack my skin, causing me to shudder repeatedly as I scurried.

I reached the house pretty sharply, dropping my bag in its usual resting place as I jogged up the stairs. I headed into Mikey's room in search of another hoodie to throw on, seeking warmth that I wouldn't find in my current garments that were currently retaining all cold from outside in their fabric. I dumped my hoodie on the chair clumsily as I pulled its replacement on, rubbing my arms to gain some morsel of body heat.

After returning to some normal level of heat I headed out of the room and down the hall, knocking on Gerard's door and waiting for his usual call of 'come in'. I peeked my head round the door and grinned as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Aren't you meant to be at school?"

"I said I was ill," I grinned as I shut the door behind me. I walked over and sat next to him on his bed, seemingly amusing him by my generally chipper mood. I ignored the fact he had been watching the TV and decided to continue talking. "I was thinking too much, silent test in English."

"Ah," he smirked. "Thinking is a bit of a bitch."

"Hence why I left," I giggled. "Still on for tonight?"

"Of course," he smirked. "Got the movies, the snacks. You're going to be scared shitless."

"Horrors?"

"Ah, now that would be telling," he grinned.

"Bitch," I giggled.

"Out of my room," he pouted. "I need some peace before I have to spent the night looking after you."

"Smart ass," I grinned, taking him by surprise and smacking my lips to his. I noticed him hesitate slightly before responding but I put that down to him being taken by surprise. I pulled back just out of his reach and kept leaning just out of his reach as he tried to reattach his lips to mine.

"Ah, I'm sorry," I grinned cheekily as I stood up, crossing my arms as I looked down at him pouting back at me. "You need your peace before you have to look after me."

"I take it back," he pressed jokingly as he stood up. I kept backing away out of his reach as he tried to pull me towards him.

"I'm sorry Gerard," I said, forcing a sincere voice. "Horrors are a hard thing to deal with. You'll need peace and quiet before we watch them. You'll just have to wait a few hours."

"The problem with backing up," he smirked as I backed painfully into the wall. "It when you hit a wall, you've fucked yourself over."

"Gutted for me," I said as I smirked up at him as he rested his hands on the wall either side of me.

He just smirked as he bridged the increasingly small gap between our lips as my hands rested loosely on his waist. The moment his tongue ran along my lip asking for access, I pushed him back with a childish grin.

"You need your peace," I repeated, pushing him properly off me. I looked back just before closing the door, throwing a wink as I continued. "See you in a few hours."
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N

Brap. Thanks for reading :]
There's like *thinks* about 5% of subscibers commenting at most ¬__¬
Oh wellz, feel free to comment :]
Thanks for reading x