Status: New Story! Updates weekly

What Lies Beneath The Surface

THREE

I sat there quietly eating my fries and looking at anything but him.

I could feel his eyes on me the entire time I ate.

“You know, you’re lucky I found your scarf instead of some crazy person. Be thankful I brought it back.” He spoke after our long awkward silence.

I choked on my fries so I quickly drank some water. He is a crazy person! He killed someone today and is acting all fine and natural about it! What kind of sick weirdo am I dealing with exactly?

“Ye-yea, thanks again.” I said finally looking up at him to find his eyes locked with mine before turning to look out the window.

I finally noticed how gorgeous this man was. If he wasn’t some psycho killer then maybe I would even consider dating him.

I was right about what I said earlier, he had high cheek bones and tanned skin, from this light though his black shaggy hair suited his look. He had dark brown eyes that almost looked black and full plump lips.

His button up shirt was undone at the top so you could see a bit of his toned chest, I was not complaining.

I noticed however his one hand was fidgeting quite a lot, almost like he was nervous.

However upon looking at his face, he looked quite calm.

He noticed me staring and turned to look back at me smirking.

I immediately looked down at my almost empty plate, my face feeling red hot from blushing.

“So, what’s your name?”

I was hoping he would not ask that.

“Emi-Erin.” I stuttered out. It would be pretty stupid of me to tell him my real name.

“Erin huh?” He didn’t seem to believe me, “That doesn’t really suit you.” He smiled while raising his eyebrow.

“Well, Erin is my name. How about you?” Stupid! Why would I ask that? Now he’s going to carry on this so called conversation that I desperately want out of!

“Sam.” He simply said before drinking more of his coffee.

I nodded, not really believing him.

“Well Sam, I do have to get going. I have homework to catch up on.” I said placing down my share of the money and standing up.

“Oh, where do you go to college?” He questioned. No way in hell was I telling him.

“Nice meeting you again.” I quickly said before leaving the building before Sam could say anything else to me.

It had gotten dark out pretty fast.

Stupid day light savings time.

Maybe it would be better to go to the police station early tomorrow, so that I don’t have to walk back in the dark to my apartment. My apartment was not in the best neighborhood, so you really did not want to be walking around that area when it is really late.

>>>>>

Upon entering my apartment I noticed something was off immediately.

I cautiously placed my keys and bag on the front table before picking up an old umbrella and headed towards the kitchen.

I flipped on the light and saw that a few of the cupboards were open, nothing unusual.

I walked over and closed each of the cupboard doors and headed toward the living room area.

The window curtains were open, which was a bit odd considering I did not like looking out of the apartment, or having anyone look in.

I closed them quickly and headed towards the bathroom, I could use a relaxing shower.

>>>>>

After my shower I grabbed a bowl of captain crunch before retreating to the couch for some late night sitcom. I would most likely choose either an old re-run of Seinfeld or The Simpsons, it really depending on the episode.

I watched around an hour of Seinfeld before deciding to head to bed.

I pulled my comforter up to my chest before reaching over to my nightstand to grab my latest novel that I have been reading. It was a knock off of Twilight I believe, yet this version was much more convincing in my belief.

Around chapter fourteen I heard something in the kitchen of my apartment. I knew this building was prone to getting mice so I shrugged it off and continued reading. After a few minutes I heard it again, but this time I realized that the noise was made by something a lot bigger than an average house hold mouse.

I groaned and glanced over at the clock on my nightstand.

10:14

Maybe it was my neighbor coming in from another late night, wait they got evicted last month.

I decided to ignore whatever that was and placed my old bookmark in my spot and put the book back on my nightstand. I shut off the lamp before turning on the clock radio.

I had a hard time sleeping in complete silence. I did not like hearing the smallest of things scurry around. After years of insomnia and restless night I discovered that music helps me sleep a lot better. My mother disapproved of this because my music tastes were distasteful. Her words not mine.

I could still hear the rustling in the kitchen.

Damn mice.

I pulled the comforter above my face and did my best to ignore the noise.

>>>>>

I woke up to the sun blinding me.

I could have sworn I closed my blind before going to bed. Maybe it was too dark to notice that it was open.

I got out of my comfortable bed and made my way to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee, as part of my Saturday morning routine.

After grabbing a bowl I went to grab the captain crunch; yes I have an addiction to the stuff,
after years of being deprived of the delicious treat, but noticed the box was knocked over on the floor.

God Damn! Stupid mice knocked over my last box and from seeing bits of cereal on the floor I’m guessing they got into it as well.

This day will definitely suck.

I sighed and walked over to the closet to grab the broom but upon opening the door something fell on me. Or should I say someone.

I looked up and saw a man on top of me.

Not just any man.

The man who was killed yesterday.

I stared wide eyed at the body before letting out a loud blood curling scream that would most likely was heard throughout the apartment building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah!
What do you think so far subscribers&new readers?
Comments will definately make faster updates.
ALSO!
Would one of you lovely readers like to make me a banner?
:D

Please comment&subscribe&check out my other stories
An Ordinary Life? I Don't Think So
Alone In This World