Sick Little Games

You

I knew it was wrong to be so mad at Alex, since it wasn’t his fault, but I couldn’t help myself. I hurt so much seeing him with Lisa.

Yes, I was in love with my best friend. I guess we’ve always been close and maybe I’ve always felt a little more than just friendship for him, but it’s only a few weeks since I realized how strong those feelings are.

I laid down in my bunk, not wanting to talk to anyone right now. I wondered if Alex, deep down, maybe, just maybe also felt a little more than friendship for me. I know how we sometimes act like it on stage and that Alex was just fooling around, but I couldn’t help but wonder him it would be like if he actually felt that way.

I closed my eyes and tried to imagine how it would feel like to kiss him, really kiss him, not the jokingly quick pecks we did on stage. No, I wanted to know what it would be like if he kissed me like he kiss Lisa.

Lisa, oh how I hated that girl. I know I don’t have a right to, but my jealous and anger took over when I saw them together. I would do anything to be able to take her place, even if it was for only just one day.

The curtain of my bunk was being pushed away and I saw Rian. “Hey Jack, were going out. You coming?” I shook my head. “No, I’m not feeling so good. I gotta catch up with so sleep.” I said. “Oh okay. Well were leaving now.” And he disappeared.

------------------------------------------------------

Several hours later I was still awake. I suddenly heard the bus door open and someone stumbled in. Not even a minute later the curtain was pulled away again and I could feel someone tug on my arm. “What the…” I yelled and rolled out of the bunk. I quickly stood up, ready to yell at the person who pulled me out of my bunk, but froze when I saw it was Alex.

“What the fuck dude?” I started, but Alex caught me off. “I know what’s going on with you.” He slurred. Of course he was drunk, no surprise there. “That’s great, but can’t this wait until tomorrow? I’m trying to sleep.” And I tried to get back in my bunk, but Alex stopped me. “Noooo.” He slurred, sounding angry.

I sighed and turned back to him, that was when I saw the angry expression on his face. “I know what’s wrong with you.” He continued. “You’re jealous. Of me. You want Lisa.” He hiccupped. “You can’t have her, she’s mine. Stay away from her.”

I laughed. “Whatever Al, I don’t want Lisa, I don’t even like Lisa. She’s all yours.” I said, my voice venomous. Alex expression changed from anger to confusion and finally settled in a frustrated frown. “Then what do you want?” He mumbled.

I took a deep breath and did something I never thought I would do in a hundred years. And even as I did it I knew the only reason I had to courage to actually do it was because I was a 100% positive Alex would remember in the morning.

“You.” I whispered and pushed my lips against his.