Status: Updates quite rare, around one or two a month, but i'll try and speed it up a bit :)

Seize the Day

Die Regretting The Time You Lost

"Em," He breathed, eyes wide. I blushed, but smiled softly.

"Hey Mattie."

~*~

"So...you seem to be doing well for yourself." I chuckled, taking a large gulp of my cappucino. Matt raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know?" I tried not to let the smirk show, but I felt it creep onto my face.

"I was at your concert last night." His eyes widened to the size of the moon and I laughed aloud. "My friend Jamie took me: she's a big fan of yours." He nodded, a curious smile on
my face.

"Well? How was it?" I gave him a large overexaggerated grin.

"I fainted." He raised an eyebrow and burst out laughing while I shrugged.

"Why? Was it too much for you?"

"What? No!" I pretended to act insulted at his accusation. "I fainted at the sight of you!" He raised an eyebrow yet again and I tried not to fall of my chair from laughing.

"What's that supposed to mean!?" Once i'd calmed down I gave him a bashful grin.

"Well, I hadn't exactly seen you in years, and not just you, but Slim Jim and Zacky..."

"You saw Zacky and Rev!?" His expression suddenly faltered, and his eyebrows furrowed.

"What?"

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." He waved it off and took another drink of the coffee he was drinking. "But what happened after you fainted then?" I stared at the glass ceiling, trying to remember the events of the night before. I had tried to forget this morning, since they weren't exactly good memories...Well, some of them anyway.

"Bumped into an...ahem...old friend. That didn't go well, so I ended up around the back of the place, a little, um...sad." I wasn't too keen on letting Matt see how soft I had become, and telling him that I had been crying my eyes out after seeing Valary. "Then I saw the guys again, and met the other guy...who was it...Brian?"

"You met Brian?" He asked unsurely. He seemed a little uncomfortable with the fact, but I shrugged nonetheless.

"Well, yeah. He was talking to Zacky. So yeah, that uh, yeah." He stared at me for a minute, nodding and took another drink of his coffee. If I was gonna ask him about it, I would have to ask him now... "So when's the wedding?" His eyes bulged out of his head, and coffee unwillingly spilled out of his mouth.

"How do you know about that?" He spluttered, and I noticed his left hand slide under the
table. I sighed knowingly.

"I saw the ring on Val's finger." He looked at me for a few minutes before nodding slowly. Things got awkward, but I didn't care. He was the one that went and gotten engaged with that bitch.

"So that was the old friend then?"

"Yup," I replied, popping the 'p'. He nodded again, and I sighed. "So when is it?"

"I don't know." He shrugged, and hid his face.

"Come on Mattie-" I paused, realising what I had said, and regained myself. "Sorry, Matt. There's no point in messing me around, you done enough of that in high school." His jaw dropped open, and a look of hurt spread across his face.

"Ok, firstly, I apologise for the dick you knew in high school, i'm different now. And secondly, what's wrong with calling me Mattie?"

"Because I called you Mattie when we were together!"

"What's wrong with that?" Now it was my turn to gasp. I tried to place down my mug carefully, but I slammed it down.

"This is what I mean!" I pointed to his concealed left hand. "You're fucking engaged to Valary and you're trying to get back with me!" He opened his mouth to respond, but no words came out. "See? Sorry Matt, but you haven't changed." I slapped five bucks onto the table and stood up.

"Em - wait!"

"Don't even bother!"

"Emilie! I love-"

"Loved meeting with you Matt. Good luck with your skank." Feeling a sudden anger mixed
with hurt bubbled in my stomach, and I stormed right out of the mall and to my car.

I hadn't had to deal with this feeling of utter heartbreak and jealousy in six years - when I saw Matt and Valary before I left. Please for the love of god don't let me go back to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i've been away for so long! Truth is, I lost it with this one, and I didn't think I would even write any more on this, but to be honest, I owe a hell of a lot to Lena, so i've been working on this for ages and finally, here :)
I hope I can get more soon! ^.^