Status: Hopefully active

Mikey Was Trapped

The Next Day

I slowly opened my eyes, looking into the bright sunlight that filtered in through my window. Damnit. I forgot to close my blinds again. I was about to get up, when I realised that there was something pinning me to my bed. I looked down at my stomach and saw an arm wrapped around it. Then I saw who it was connected to.
Gerard. He must have stayed with me last night. I remember telling my family what I wanted to be then bolting up to my room and Gerard coming after me. I think I fell a little after that. He just held me while I explained more of my reasoning to him.
As I saw him I couldn't help but stare. He was gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful in all my life.
I decided to just leave the blinds the open and stay snuggled up to Gerard for as long as I could before he woke up and decided to do whatever he does in his room...... I buried my face in his chest and just inhaled his scent. He smelled great. Like a mixture of Old Spice and coffee and something that I couldn't put my finger on.
I felt his arms tighten around me and his nose bury in my hair, inhaling deeply. I smiled. He's awake.
"Good morning, Michelle," he whispered.
I lifted my head slightly and gave him a confused look as he blinked the sleep from his eyes. "Who's Michelle?"
He smiled and laughed as the relisation hit him. "Sorry. Good morning, Mikey. That better?"
I nodded. "Yep. Good morning, Gerard."
He laughed at me some more and ran a hand through his hair. "That's gonna a little getting used to." He rolled onto his back and put his arm over his eyes.
"But you will be able, right?" I asked, resting me chin on his chest.
He removed his arm to look at me and nodded, sitting up.
"Of course I will, Mikey. This is a little strange, but no matter what, I will always love you just the same as I always have," he said, hugging me.
I felt a small twinge of sadness in my heart, but hugged him back non the less. Just as long as he excepted me, that's better than nothing.
"come on," he said, pulling away. "Let's something to eat, then head over to Frankie's for practice. I'm sure you'll want to tell the guys." He got out of bed and headed towards my door.
"Frankie already knows," I said.
He turned and faced me with a smile. "Figured as much. Well, Ray and Matt still need to know."
I nodded. He threw me another heart warming smile and headed off to his room.
I got off my bed and looked around for anything clean. I found a pair of black jeans hanging over the back of my chair and smelled them. They seemed fine, so I put them on and searched for a shirt.
"Come on Mikey, food," Gerard said as he came into my room, fully changed.
He stopped in the door way as he saw me shirtless in skinny jeans. "Sorry," he mumbled, and turned around.
Did I see a faint blush? Well of course. I'm only in my bra and pants.
I shook my head and continued to dig in my closet. "No, I'm sorry. I should've closed the door."
"Well, in a while you won't have to."
I could hear the smile in his voice and that made me smile.
I finally found a shirt on the floor of my closet and pulled it on, noticing that it was a Batman shirt. That might make Gee smile.
"Okay. You can turn around now. It's safe," I laughed.
He turned and smiled at me. "Hey, you're wearing the shirt I got you for Christmas."
I nodded, smirking. "I love this thing. Come on. Let's go down stairs."
He nodded and we walked down to the kitchen, laughing.
As we got there, I stopped dead in my tracks. My parents where in the kitchen and my mom looked as though she'd been crying.
"Is everything okay?" Gerard asked.
My mom wiped at her eyes and nodded. "Everything's okay honey. Your father and I were just dicussing something."
"Does it have to do with me?" I asked.
My dad looked at me and nodded. "Sit down. Both of you."
We both sat at the table, Gerard holding my hand underneath to keep my calm.
"Michelle-"
"Call him Mikey. He likes that name," Gerard said, smiling at me.
I flashed him a grateful smile in return.
My dad nodded. "Okay, Mikey, we don't know what's going on with you right now, but we know that you will grow out of it. You can't just decide to become a boy just on the spot. So-"
"You think I just woke up yesturday and thought 'Hey, I think I'll become a boy today?' No. Dad, I've been thinking about this for years. Ever since I was 13. I just don't feel comfortable as a girl," I said angrily.
Mom shook her head. "Michelle, I don't know why you're doing this, but it will stop. You're not a boy, you are a girl. We don't chose who we are."
I got up and glared at my mother. "I didn't chose to be born this way Mom. But I was. You're right I am who I am. But I am NOT a girl. I just look like one."
I heard Gerard snigger at that and I smiled. "You both will have to except the fact that I'm male. I had to."
And with that, I walked into the garage, grabbing my bass, and out the door. I got one block away when I felt and arm go around my waist.
"I'm so proud of you," Gerard whispered, kissing my temple.
I smiled and we walked the rest of the way to Frank's in silence.