Status: Hopefully active

Mikey Was Trapped

Frankie's

With Gerard's arm around my shoulder, we walked to Frank's house, Gerard sending me smiles every now and then. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I turned to him and, smiling, asked, "What?"
He burst out laughing. "Mikey, you should've seen the looks on their faces when you left! It was priceless!"
I smiled then hung my head in disappointment. "Gerard," I whispered.
He looked over at me, his smile faultering.
"We have to get them to understand."
He nodded. "I know. They're just scared. They don't wanna lose you."
"But they're not. I'm still me. I'll just be different physically. Why can't they understand that?" I asked, holding in the tears that were threatening to fall.
Gerard stopped and hugged me as well as he could with my bass over my shoulder. "Mikey, they will. They just need time. When u start getting the hormones you need, it'll finally click with them. We just have to jolt them."
I nodded against his shoulder. "Thank you Gee," I mumbled.
He kissed my forehead and squeezed me before letting me go and smiling again, bringing a smile to my lips as well. "You know, to me, you're the greatest person in the world. And I don't care what they say. Nothing will ever change my view on you or how I fell about you. You're my best friend. You were my sister. And now you're going to be my brother. But no matter what, to me, you'll always be you. I love you, Mikey."
I felt a tear make its way down my cheek as he said that. I gave him a smile as he wiped it away. "I love you too, Gee. So much." I launched myself into his arms again, grasping him tightly.
He let me go slightly to plant a kiss on my cheek and clasped my hand. "Come on," he said. "Let's get to Frank's and tell everybody the great news."
I laughed and squeezed his hand back. "Thank you for everything Gerard."
"Now what kind of brother would I be if I didn't look out for you?" He winked at me.
I felt myself blush and turned my head quickly to hide it. Just holding his hand was sending tingles up and down my spine.
"Hey. Wanna race?" I asked, to get my body to not do something I may regret later.
Gerard smiled at me. "Wow. We haven't done that since we were kids." He flashed me an evil grin. "On three. One....Two....THREE!" And we took off running the last five blocks to Frankie's house.
I saw Frank's house first and stepped up my game a bit, trying to reach the door first. But Gerard had other things in mind. When we got to the front yard, I was roughly tackled from behind, falling on my stomach, and felt the weight of my bass crash onto my back.
"Oof!" I called out, a light pain running down my back.
"Oh, Mikey, I'm sorry," Gerard said, holding out his hand to help me up. "You okay?"
I shakely got to my feet and dusted off my shirt. "Yeah, I'm okay," I said then grinned. "But you still lose."
I saw the confussed look on his face and took off towards the door.
"Hey!" I heard from behind me. I just laughed and collapsed against the door, ringing the bell.
"You cheater!" Gerard yelled, wrapping his arms around my waist and tickling me.
"You're..HAHA...one to talk! Haha! Gerard! Stop haha!!! Frankie!!!! Help me!" I exclaimed between fits of laughter.
The door then opened and I saw Frank jump on Gerard's back and shake his shoulders.
"Leave my Michelle alone!" he yelled, laughing as Gerard stopped tickling me and spun around in circles, trying to get Frank off him.
When he finally managed to get Frank off, I was on the ground, gasping from laughing so hard and I heard Ray and Matt laughing in the doorway.
"What the hell?" Ray asked, holding his side.
"Don't ask," I said getting up, wiping the tears of laughter from my eyes. "We'll be in in a bit."
They both nodded and went back inside. I looked back over at Gerard and Frank and saw that Gerard was sitting on Frank's back, pushing his head in the dirt.
"Say it," Gerard demanded.
"NEVER!!!" Frank exclaimed.
"Say it Frankie."
"No!"
Gerard trailed one hand down Frank's side and I found myself fighting off jelousy until Gerard tickled Frank's ribs. Works every time.
"Okay okay!! I give. You are all master, powerful Gerard! You rule the world with your sexy ass voice and trump all that appose you!"
Gerard smiled and got off him. "Now was that so hard?"
Frank just laughed and punched him on the arm. "Jerk."
Gerard laughed as well and swung his arm around Frank's shoulders, walking over to me.
"Oh and she's not your Michelle. He's my Mikey." Gerard let him go and swung his arm around my waist.
Frank looked at us with disbelief. "You told them?"
I nodded.
He smiled and pumped his fist in the air. "Yes! And Mikey? I like that. No doubt your idea," he said, turning to Gerard.
He just laughed and nodded.
"Wow. So, how did the parentls take it?"
I bit my lip and looked the ground.
"Oh. Not well I take it," Frank said.
"They said this morning that it was a phase and that it was going to stop. But he trumped them when they said that," Gerard said, smiling down proudly at me.
I blushed.
"They'll accept it. They're just over analysing everything. They'll come around," Frank said.
"I hope so," I whispered.
Gerard put his finger under my chin and lifted my head to look into his eyes. "I know so."
I smiled shyly at him and rested my head on his shoulder.
He kissed my temple and gave me a small hug before letting go. "Come on. Lets spread the news and then have the most amazing practice ever!" With that, he went into the house.
I shook my head, laughing. Weirdo.
"So, I was right."
I turned to look at Frank. "About what?"
"Who your crush is."
My eyes went wide. "Um..who?"
Frank just looked at me expectedly. "Mikey."
I sighed. "Okay. Yeah it's Gerard. Please Don't hate me. You've been my best friend for years. Please don't hate me for this."
"Oh Mikey. No never." He came over to me and hugged me. "I could never hate you. I don't care who you love because you can't help it. You can't just choose to fall in love with someone it just happens." He let go of me and rubbed my back.
"Do you think I should tell him?" I asked.
"Yes I do. You can't keep love bottled up. You have to express it. And you know Gee better than any of us. You know he'll understand," Frank said, leading me into the house.
"Oh God, Frankie. I hope so."