Status: Hopefully active

Mikey Was Trapped

Reaction

Walking into Frank's house, we stepped into the garage through the side door and I saw Gerard standing at the mic, making weird sounds and gestering wildly with his arms. I laughed.
"Every time," I heard Frank say.
I nodded. I walked over to the bass amp and lugged my bass in, playing a few filler notes to warm up. Frankie's garage had everything we needed. A mic for Gee, amps for me, him and Ray, and a drum set for Matt. There was also a couch right in the middle of the room that we lounged on during breaks.
I had just started playing the beginning of Honey, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, when do you wanna tell them?" Gerard asked, a look of worryment on his face.
I shrugged. "Let's play a few songs first. I wanna get them warmed up before I say anything."
He nodded and smiled at me, squeezing my shoulder for comfort. "I'm always here for you."
I smiled back. "I know you are. Thank you Gee."
He kissed the top of my head and I couldn't fight off the shiver that ran down my spine.
"You okay?" he asked, concerned.
I nodded. "Just a bit nervous."
He nodded as well and took his place at the mic stand. I looked over at Frank to see him grinning at me.
"Shut up," I mouthed.
"Okay guys, you ready?" Gerard asked.
Ray did a quick little rift on his guitar and Frank played a few power chords. Matt sat at the drum set and twirled a drum stick while pounding on the bass drum a few times.
Gerard looked at me. "Ready?"
I nodded.
Ray opened up with Our Lady Of Sorrows, Matt jumping in then Frankie and me joining as our parts came. I looked over my shoulder at Gerard when he started singing.

"We could be perfect one last night
and die like star crossed lovers when we fight
and we can settle this affair
if you would shed your yellow
take my hand and then
we'll solve the mystery of laceration gravity
this riddle of revenge
please understand it has to be this way

Stand up fucking tall
don't let them see your back and take
my fucking hand and never be afraid again."

I had a feeling that Gerard was singing that for me. Trying to tell Ray and Matt to please except me and if they didn't, then I had to be strong about it.
We played a few more songs before calling a break and collapsing on the couch.
"Man. I hope one day we'll get that audition at The Set. We're getting so damn good," Frank said, lying on the whole couch, taking it up.
"Yeah. I keep calling them. I think they're getting a bit annoyed so sooner or later they have to say yes to get me to stop," Gerard said, sitting Frank's stomach.
"Oof! Get off me fat ass!" Frank yelled, pushing at him. He manged to push Gerard onto the floor and smacked him in the back with his foot.
"I'm not fat you midget." Gerard tugged on Frank's leg, sending him to the floor as well.
As they wrestled on the floor, I took the oppertunity to steal the couch. Lying down on it and putting my hands behind my head, I let my thoughts wonder. How exactly was I going to explain this? Gee's known Ray for years so I don't think he would be pissed about it. But Matt?
We've only known him for a year. He's got kind of a bad attitude. He once punched Frank in the face because he tried to suggest a drum beat. Gave him a black eye for almost two weeks. Extreme? Hell yes.
"Ow!"
I snapped out of my thoughts and sat up looking over at Frank and Gerard, still on the ground, Frank rubbing his arm.
"Fucking vampire!"
What?" Ray asked.
"He fucking bit me!" Frank exclaimed.
I saw Gerard snicker and I glared daggers at Frank.
He saw me glare and raised his hands, as if to say, "Not my fault. Don't kill me!"
I sighed. True. Not his fault. Then an idea popped into my head. I wondered if I could make Gerard jelouse. So, I said," Aww poor baby. Want me to kiss it for you?"
I looked at Gerard in the corner of my eye and saw him frown, glaring at the floor.
I had to bite my lip to hold back my smile.
Gerard walked over to the couch and pulled me up, sitting on the couch himself, then pulling me onto his lap. I laughed at him and rested my head on his shoulder, breathing in deeply.
"Hey," he whispered.
I craned my neck to look at him.
"I think now would be the best time to tell them."
"I don't know Gee," I said. "I'm scared. I don't wanna lose my friends."
"You won't. If they don't except you, then they're not your real friends. You know that." He ran a hand through my hair and rubbed my back. "It's now or never. And it's better to just do it and get it over with."
I nodded. I hugged him real quick, then got off his lap and walked to the middle of the room.
I looked back at the couch and saw that Ray and Frank had taken up the seats next to Gerard so he was in the middle....Haha. He's the cream filling. Okay, focus Micheal. I liked refering to myself as Micheal or Mikey. It just seemed.....right.
Gerard and Frank both caught my eye and smiled encouregingly at me.
I took a deep breath and spoke. "Hey guys. Um, there's something that I need to tell you."
Ray kept his attention on me but Matt just kept tuning his snare drum, grunting in reply.
"Um, I just wanted to let you guys know.....That I'm a boy. My name is Micheal James Way and starting as soon as possible, I will be starting my transition from female to male."
I looked around the room at everybody and saw Gerard and Frank flash me huge smiles.
"Well, you know I'm okay with it. You're my best friend, Mikey. Gender be damned, "Frank said, getting up and hugging me.
I laughed quietly, hugging him back. "Thank you, Frankie."
"Any decision you make is always okay by me. Just as long as you're happy Mikey. That's all I care about," Gerard said, picking me up and twirling me in a circle.
I laughed and hugged him tightly. "I love you, Gerard," I whispered, meaning every word.
"Love you too," he whispered back.
He set me down and I looked over at Ray. He shook his head and I got a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. He got up and walked over. "I..." He stuttered. He took a deep breath and swallowed. "I'm proud of you."
My jaw dropped. "What?" I asked.
"I'm proud of you. Not many people could come to their friends with something like that. Most people just fall off the face of the earth and don't tell anyone. I'm very glad that you could share this with us and trust us with it. You deffinetly have my support Mike." And with that, he hugged me.
I closed my eyes and hugged him back. Relief flooding through my entire body. "Thank you Ray. That means so much to me."
He pulled back smiling and ruffled my hair. "You're one of us. No one messes with you."
I laughed, but my laughter was cut short when I heard Matt speak.
"Oh give me a break."
We all turned to him and I could feel Gerard tensing beside me.
"What?" I asked.
He laughed. "You expect me to believe this shit? Aww poor little Michelle wants to be one of the boys. She just wants to be excepted because most of her friends are boys. So she wants to feel right at home."
Gerard steeped in front of me. "Don't you ever talk to him like that," he growled.
I put a hand on his shoulder and moved him out of the way. "It's okay," I whispered.
He started to protest, but I squeezed his shoulder. He nodded and stepped behind me.
"Ever since I was five I knew that I was meant to be a boy. I hated girly stuff. I still do. I-"
"Oh spare me your sob story. You're a girl. Just get over it and move on with your life," Matt said, picking up his drum sticks and standing.
"I'm not a girl," I said.
"That's what I see in front of me," he said, twirling his drum stick.
"He's a boy you asshole," Gerard snapped.
"He? Gerard that's not a he. That's a gender confussed thing that doesn't know what the fuck it is. Here. Let me straighten her out." He walked over to me and placed his hand roughly on my chest. "Feels like tits to me."
I heard Gerard growl low in his throat and the next thing I knew, he had Matt pinned against the garage door with both hands behind his back and his face against the door.
"You don't ever talk to him again like that you understand me? You are out of this band. If you come near here or any of my friends again and I will have you arrested. Do you understand me?" Gerard spat out, venomesly.
Matt said nothing.
Gerard pulled back Matt's head and slammed it against the door again. "I said do you understand me?"
"Y-yes," Matt chocked out, bleeding from a gash in his head.
"Good. Now," Gerard pulled him away from the door and flung him out the side door outside. "Get the fuck out of here you piece of shit." And with that, he slammed the door and locked it.
"Gee," I whispered.
He turned to me and his expression softened. "Mikey.....I-"
I flung myself at him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, so much. So much."
He wrapped his arms around my waist and held on tightly. "I told you that I wouldn't let anyone hurt you. I love you."
"Gerard, I love you," I sobbed. "I do. So much."
He kissed my temple a few times. "Don't cry baby. Please. Show my that beautiful smile of yours please. I love it when you smile."
I couldn't smile. I was trying so hard not to kiss him. So I just buried my face deeper into his shoulder.
"Please," He whispered, leaning down and kissing my neck a few times.
I stiffled the moan that bubbled up in my throat, pulling away and gave him a watery smile.
He smiled as well, resting his forehead against mine. "It's better than nothing. I'll take it."
I smiled a little bigger, just for him.
He laughed. "That's more like it."
I pulled away from him and wiped my eyes. "I just can't believe that prick would do that. He was usually nice to me."
"Well, you don't have to deal with him anymore Mike," Ray said. "If he comes near you, we'll kick his ass."
I laughed a bit. "Thanks Ray. Oh and I like Mikey better."
He smiled. "Yeah. It does suit you better."
"See? Everybody loves my nick names," Gerard laughed, hugging me from behind.
"It's cause we all crazy, Gee," Frank said, poking him on the nose.
Gerard bit his finger.
"Fucking vampire!" Frank cursed and we laughed, watching as he sucked on his finger.