Status: Hopefully active

Mikey Was Trapped

This Weird Feeling

Gerard's POV:

I honked the horn of my Subaru as I saw Mikey walk out of school, talking with Frank. It's been a week since the incedent with Matt , and he's doing quite well with not letting it get him down. He smiled and waved at me. Then, hugging Frank goodbye, he ran over to the car and climbed into the passenger seat.
"Hey, Mikey," I smiled, hugging him before he had the chance to put on his seat belt.
He laughed and hugged back. "Hey, Gee."
I pulled away and brushed some of the hair out of his eyes and I could've sworn that he shivered. Shaking my head, I put the car into drive and began the 10 minute journey home.
"So, how was school?"
He shrugged. "Same old same old. I had a guy ask me out today though," he replied, looking a little repulsed. I clenched my teeth at the thought of some random guy touching my brother. He had so much going on right now. He had just set up an appointment with his doctor to start his hormone treatment and he was a little nervous. The appointment wasn't for a few more days though.
And everything with our parents still thinking he will grow out of this and become the girl he physicaly is. Not gonna happen. And with Matt still around and trying to make his life hell, (I've beaten the shit out of him a couple of times for that) he was kinda nervous all the time now.
"Don't you like him?" I asked, trying to remain calm if he said yes.
"Hell no!" he shouted.
I laughed. "Oh, I see. You got the hots for someone else huh?"
He blushed and looked at the ground.
I frowned a little. "Just please tell me that it's someone I know who I know won't hurt you."
He looked up and smiled slightly. "It is someone you know. But I know he doesn't like me back. It's kind of impossible for him to. So it's okay."
"Why is it impossible for him to like you?" I asked.
He shrugged. "It doesn't matter. I'm trying to let go anyway."
I shook my head as we pulled into the driveway. He made to get out of his seat quickly, but I was faster. I grabbed his face softly in between my hands and he looked away.
"Mikey, honey, look at me."
He slowly brought his eyes up to meet mine and i heard a soft whimper come from his lips.
"Any guy would be lucky to have you. You're talented, you're smart, you treat everyone you meet with such kindness even if they're being assholes. You are so fun to be around. You always brighten up the room when you walk into it. You're funny and damn sexy." He laughed a little. "Don't give up. I want you to promise me something."
"Anything, Gee."
"Go after love. If you think it's wrong or not possible or whatever, I want you to throw away all of those negative thoughts and go after that person. I want you to be happy and I want you to be able to find love." At the end of that, I whispering.
I watched as his face broke into a huge smile and he hugged me. "Remember you said that," he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. Why was my body acting like this? I mean, I do love him, but I can't love him like that. But just one look a his smile makes me want to lean in and take his lips right in mine.
I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him back tightly, trying to push the thoughts away for a while. "Just be happy, Mikey."
He pulled away and kissed my cheek. I felt my face flush.
"I am happy Gee. Right here, right now. I think I'm the happiest I've ever been. And it's thanks to you. You stand up for me when Mom and Dad try to get me to change my mind. No matter what you're doing, if I ask, you'll always play video games with me or watch movies with me. You always get me laugh and smile whenever I feel like shit. I love you Gerard. More than words can ever say." By the end of that, I felt tears prick at the corners of my eyes and I smiled widely at him.
I ran my fingers through his hair and, not being able to hold back any longer, quickly kissed his lips. "And I love you Mikey. I'll always be here to protect you."
He smiled and hugged me again, and we didn't know how long we were sitting in the car, just holding each other.