Status: Active Like Life:)

I Tried

Cliche Not What You Think

I was right about him moving in. Movers were crawling over my apartment when we walked up. But no Chesney.

"I'm going to bed," I announced, even though it was only nine thirty. I wanted out of his presence. 

My heels clicked on the wood of the Pier as I quickly moved towards the figure at the end.

"Brian." He turned to me, hair spiked and eyeliner on. I swallowed my nerves and took a deep breath.

"I have to talk to you." He eyes sparked in anger, scaring me.

"If it's about Nathan, I already know. I saw you at the dance," he said calmly, but with anger barely controlled. 

"Wh-What are you talking about?"

"I saw both of you all over each other at Prom earlier!"

"Brian, that wasn't what you think," I said. I was mad that he didn't trust me enough to let me explain after five months of dating. 

"Yeah, whatever."

"You know what Brian? Fuck you!" I turned my back and never looked back. If he couldn't trust me to be faithful, he didn't deserve to be part of his child's life. 

The next morning, I called Johnny from my hotel room. I only had the few clothes I'd grabbed from the house last night and two thousand bucks.

"Hello?" he answered groggily on the second ring.

"Johnny? It's Juli."

"Juli? Where the hell are you? Brian's worried like crazy," he said frantically.

"Johnny, you can't tell them about this because I'm not coming back," I said softly.

"What? No, Juli-"

"No Johnny, I can't handle it. I'm pregnant, Johnny."

Silence.

"Oh. Well, it's definitely Brian's?"

"Yes, Johnny. I'm not a whore. Brian's the only person I've ever slept with." We talked a little long before hanging up with a promise of secrecy.


I woke in a feverish sweat to knocking on the door. I quickly threw on a pair of sweats to go with my tank top and answered the door. 

Zacky greeted me with a black eye and a furious Brian stood behind him. I gulped nervously and hoped Wyatt would stay in his room. He slept like the dead, so it should be fine.

"Hello," I said softly and Brian scoffed. Zacky shot him a look.

"May we come in?" His look told me to step aside so I did. Zacky stood by the door while Brian made himself at home, sitting on the couch and feet up on the table.

"Would you please put your feet down?" I asked in a barely controlled voice. He stared at me hard before doing what I asked.

"Did you plan on hiding in this dump forever?" he asked nonchalantly.

"Brian!" Zacky hissed.

"It's okay, Zee. And no, Brian, I didn't," I replied cooly. He grunted before speaking again.

"Why?" For a split second when he looked at me, I saw hurt. Then it was back to his stone cold wall of anger.

"I had to leave," I couldn't elaborate without telling Brian straight up about Chesney. And I couldn't do that then drop the bomb that I didn't know where she was at the moment.

"Why? Why'd you leave without saying anything to me or your brother?" His voice rose steadily through the questions. He was almost at his breaking point.

"I couldn't Brian. You wouldn't understand," I said, looking to the floor.

"What wouldn't I understand?!" he exploded, standing up to yell. Zacky made no move to help. He knew we had to work this out. "What was so hard to grasp about my own girlfriend that I wouldn't understand?!" Tears spilled down my cheeks and I fought to keep an even tone to hide my tears as I kept my face to the floor.

"Please, Bri-"

"Keri, baby, what's wrong?" Wyatt's voice asked, his voice dripping with fake concern. "Are these men bothering you?" He walked over and sat beside me before wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Oh," Brian said coldly. My head snapped up. Understanding showed clearly on his face. "Now I get it."

"No, Brian. Wait. It's-"

"No, Keri. It's fine. I'll leave you alone with whoever he is. Have a nice life." He moved to the door. "Come on, Zee."

I looked at Zacky with pleading eyes. His held sympathy but he still left with Brian. Fear crept into me when Wyatt crushed me tighter to him.

"Now we're all alone." I shivered in fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, lots of comments! Ashley said she wasgoing to bother me endlessly until I updated even though she has no Internet so I texts this entire thing to her! And she took me away from working on Ancient History and Warmest Blood - which has to have my favorite story layout even though it's on hiatus right now:( *cough* because of somebody *cough*(done with mini-rant)

ElectricBaby.
bloodyvengeance
holleycarb1296
Star Angel
londonnative
bluwmoon760
mistery gurl


4 stars!