Sequel: Wolf's Kiss

Wolf's Heart

A knight in tarnished armor...

I screamed as pain engulfed my left shoulder, the other two dogs pacing as they waited for their turn. The blood thirsty dog on my chest removed his teeth, opening his mouth for another bite when he was suddenly pulled from my chest.

I slid down the tree, week with pain, as a large shadow stepped in front of me. The shadow was hairy, its body covered in thick fur as it roared. I watched as the villagers screamed, running and crying, trying to get away as they called the thing ‘The Creature’. Two of the dogs whimpered and fled, but the first snarled, my blood dripping from his fangs and splashing onto the ground.

The shadow in front of me growled again, swiping a colossal paw and sinking its talons into the dog. The force of the hit threw the dogs against a tree, the cracking of his spine echoing through the forest. The dead body fell to the ground, blood still seeping from it’s side. The thing in front of me didn’t move for a few seconds, just staring at the deceased dog. When it turned I was forced to toss my head back to be able to see it.

The beast was tall, standing at seven feet when it was leaning on its arms. The arms were long, allowing the thing to use its knuckles for support. The chest was wide and furry, the ribs outlined through its skin. The neck was the thickest part of its body, muscular so that it was able to hold up the immense, wolf-like head. Tall pointy ears were perked in my direction, twitching with every whimper I made. Its black gaze locked on my feet, intently staring at the blood drying on them.

I pulled my feet back as it leaned down. At my movement the thing growled and snarled, showing its massive teeth. I cried out, trying to make myself smaller as its hand reached under the skirt of my dress, its five fingers almost gentle as the hand latched onto my ankle. It slowly pulled my foot out, extending my leg as far as it would go. It leaned down again, sniffing at the blood as tears of fear fell from my eyes.

I held back a scream as it gradually ran its tongue against the bottom of my foot. It did it again, continuing until my foot was clean of all the blood and dirt. After placing my foot down he grabbed my other one, repeating the same process until that one was clean as well. When it was finished it looked back at me, our gazes locking for several seconds, the hair on my neck rising as the tension in the air heightened.

This time when the beast moved, he pressed his cold, wet nose against the shoulder the dog had torn into. I squeezed my eyes closed, not able to stop my muffled cries as it licked at my torn flesh. The pain in that area mounted as it disturbed my wound, causing me to cry louder, fresh tears appearing in my eyes.

A grumbling started in the beast’s chest as it backed away, apparently satisfied that my wound was clean of any blood. I felt the thing step back, short, almost soft grumbles still coming from him. They were almost comforting, convincing me to open my eyes. When I did I forced myself to look at the rest of it.

Its waist formed a straight line to its thighs, the muscles beneath the fur and skin bulging as they flexed. The legs were shaped like a wolf’s, ending in wide paws. I was able to see the tail as it rested behind the legs, the middle bushy as it tapered into a point, but the most interesting part of my exam was when I realized its gender.

Male.

A different kind of fear ran through me as I envisioned the different ways this beast could harm me, the different ways he could torture me. I’ve heard tales of animals attacking women, ripping into them with unknown intentions. I had thought they were all rumors, but now that I’m faced with this situation I’m praying they are.

The beast leaned in again, his nose making contact with my cheek where it burned. I had forgotten about that wound, the place where the bullet had scraped my face. He ran his tongue over my flesh once more, in a repetition of my feet and shoulder.

Instead of moving back when he was done cleaning my face, the beast wrapped his arms around me. I screamed as he lifted me into the air, falling silent as he growled. He held me tightly and he jumped over the fallen tree, clearing it without even have to run first. Once on the other side he started walking, the amount of blood I lost and the rocking from his arms lulling me to sleep.

The last thing I remember before passing out was his chest vibrating with his soft grumbles.