‹ Prequel: Slowly Dying Alone
Status: Active

Slowly Falling Apart

Is she...or isn't she?

Image
Banner!

Image
Banner 2! I know they are sort of the same, but I wanted a close up, and a far away look...what do you think?

Image

Two pink lines. Ashlyn sighed as she looked down at the test again. She couldn’t believe it. She was pregnant.

“Are you okay?” Kylie whispered softly. Ashlyn looked up at her friend and tried to smile, but nothing was there.

“I…I don’t know,” Ashlyn admitted. Kylie smiled and nodded. They sat in silent for a moment, both of them sitting on the bathroom floor. “What did you tell Nick about the test?” Ashlyn asked as she looked up.

“Oh, I bought a bunch, Nick already knew that I was going to have to use them soon,” Kylie said. Ashlyn frowned.

“I thought it was unlikely that you could conceive,” she asked confused.

“It is, but my doctor told us at our last appointment, that it was important for me to take these test regularly because I don’t have normal periods,” Kylie explained.

“You don’t?” Ashlyn asked. Kylie shook her head.

“The chemo messed with my internal system. I didn’t actually get my period until a couple months before I met Nick, and even then it doesn’t always show up. My doctor says it might take some time before it settles into a normal period. So she told us that in order to be sure, since we are married, it is important for us to take these tests every four weeks,” Kylie said. Ashlyn was still confused.

“Really? What happens if it goes positive?” Ashlyn asked.

“Well it could be two things. My type of cancer can sometimes raise my hormone levels, which is what is used to tell if one is pregnant, so I could either be pregnant…or…” Kylie trailed off.

“Or…” Ashlyn repeated.

“Or the cancer came back,” Kylie whispered. “Whenever I get a positive I’m supposed to go straight to my doctor. It could be bad,” Kylie then said. Ashlyn shuddered.

“I hope that doesn’t happen,” Ashlyn whispered. Kylie grinned.

“Me too, but I’m trying not to worry over it. I won’t have to take the test for four weeks.”

“What if you get your period?” Ashlyn wanted to know. Kylie shrugged.

“Since I don’t have normal periods it could mean nothing. My doctor said it was best to take the test no matter what. See they tested me, several months ago, and I’m not sterile, or barren, as can happen to a person who’s been on chemo for as long as I have. Basically it’s like being fixed. It’s highly unlikely that I’ll get pregnant, since I don’t drop eggs every month, but my doctor says that it could happen. Even though she told Nick and I not to get our hopes up. So really, anything can happen,” Kylie said with a shrug.

“In that case, you and Nick can be my godparents,” Ashlyn whispered. Kylie looked over and smiled.

“When are you going to tell Joe?” Kylie asked. Ashlyn shrugged.

“At this point, I’m not. I know he has rights, but I just don’t feel he’s ready for fatherhood. I won’t lie to him, but I’m not telling him anything either,” Ashlyn said. Kylie frowned but she nodded.

“You are going to…keep it…right?” Kylie asked in a whisper. Ashlyn smiled.

“Of course, I could never do that to a child,” Ashlyn assured. Kylie nodded in relief and leaned against the wall.

“I’m going to be there for you…every step of the way. Auntie Kylie, just imagine…this child is going to be spoiled rotten,” Kylie giggled. Ashlyn smiled.

“Being the baby of a Jonas does have its perks,” Ashlyn agreed. Kylie laughed.

“Very true,” Kylie sighed. “Now we just need to get you into a doctor’s office and some prenatal pills. Don’t worry, Ash, We’ll take care of you,” Kylie whispered. Ashlyn smiled as she looked over at her best friend.

“I don’t know what I would do without you,” Ashlyn whispered.

Image

Payton was sitting in class when Tyler came and sat next to her.

“Hi,” he said. Class had yet to start. Payton gave him a polite yet cool smile.

“Hello,” she greeted, being careful with the warmth of her voice.

“How have you been these last few weeks?” Tyler asked. Payton sighed. Tyler did the same thing every time he saw her. He was polite, but he still seemed to bother Payton.

“I’ve been good,” Payton said. She always tried her best not to give Tyler anything about her personal life. It was nothing against him; she just didn’t trust his sister. Payton had learned that Taylor had been telling people on campus for several months that she would be making David hers. Payton was almost afraid that it would happen.

“Good…” Tyler paused. “So…are you free on Saturday?” he asked quietly. Payton frowned.

“I’m married,” Payton reminded him. Tyler nodded.

“Never hurts to ask,” Tyler said. This was seriously getting old. Payton just nodded and looked down at her paper. She took out a pen and began writing…anything to make Tyler leave her alone.

Image

Kylie was in the kitchen…baking. Nick frowned. She only baked when something was bothering her. Usually it had something to do with Ashlyn. He didn’t like how concerned Kylie could get at times. Nick walked into the kitchen and looked over at his wife.

“Are you okay?” Nick asked gently. Kylie flinched a little, and Nick knew. Ashlyn had told her something…something that Kylie wasn’t allowed to tell Nick. Nick silently cursed his childhood friend.

“I’m fine…just tired,” Kylie said as she looked over at Nick, giving him a light teasing grin. Nick grinned back and pulled Kylie into his arms. Nick kissed her temple.

“How do you feel?” Nick asked in a whisper. Kylie looked up at Nick her eyes shining.

“I feel…like a woman,” she whispered. Nick chuckled. “It…last night was amazing,” she added as she turned completely in Nick’s arms. She circled her arms around Nick’s waist and hugged him tightly.

“What was with needing all those pregnancy tests this morning?” Nick asked gently. Kylie stiffened a little before relaxing.

“I was doing a favor,” she whispered. Nick nodded. He knew that he wasn’t going to get anything else from her. Kylie hated lying, and Nick hated forcing her to say what she was thinking.

“You don’t have to say anything else,” Nick promised. Kylie sighed with relief and squeezed tighter. Just then the timer went off. Nick released his wife and watched silently as his wife took the cookies out of the oven. She placed them on top of the stove and turned back to Nick.

“Do you want to be my taster?” Kylie asked eagerly. Nick nodded and picked up the hot moist cookie. He bit into it and almost groaned.

“Wow, sweetie, theses are amazing. What did you do to them?” Nick asked as he took another bit. Kylie giggled.

“I got this recipe out of a magazine. These cookies are low in sugar…using applesauce instead. I thought they looked good, so I decided to test them out,” Kylie informed. Nick grinned as he finished his cookie and pulled Kylie into his arms.

“Did I ever mention that you were too good for me?” Nick asked in a low whisper. Kylie giggled and shook her head. “Well you are,” he said. Kylie smiled as she lifted her head, eager for Nick’s kiss. Nick was quick to comply with his wife’s wishes.

“I love you,” Kylie whispered against Nick’s lips. Nick smiled.

“I love you too,” Nick replied. Nick kissed her again and then lightly pulled away, keeping her wrapped tightly in his arms. “What did you want to today?” Nick asked gently. Kylie shrugged.

“I thought we might call Cooper today. It might be best to get this meeting over with,” Kylie said with a whisper. Nick nodded silently.

“If it comes to it, we might have to release a statement to the public about our marriage,” Nick informed after a few moments. Kylie thought for a minute before nodding.

“It’s surprising that it hasn’t come to light yet,” she said with amusement in her eyes. Nick grinned.

“Lucky that Texas doesn’t give out public records,” Nick agreed. Kylie laughed. “We have to go back home in a couple days, why don’t we talk to dad about coming out about our marriage,” Nick suggested. Kylie nodded.

“Okay…we can contact Cooper sometime after that, but before we actually make the announcement,” she agreed.

“Sounds good,” Nick said. “I can’t wait to get back home,” he said with a grin.

“Me too, I miss our house…and our dog,” Kylie said. Nick grinned. He gave Kylie another kiss and then pulled away.

“Is Ashlyn coming with us?” Nick wanted to know. Kylie shrugged.

“I don’t know. I would assume so. She really doesn’t want to be anywhere near Joe right now,” Kylie said. Nick nodded.

“I swear…” Nick sighed, “Their drama is going to kill us someday,” he groaned. Kylie giggled. She then suddenly felt weak.

“I need to lie down,” Kylie whispered as the room started to go dizzy.

“Kylie, honey, are you okay?” Nick asked with concern, as he grasped Kylie tightly.

“Just dizzy…did too much,” she whispered as she rested all her weight on Nick. Nick lifted her gently and carried her to their room.

“Go to sleep love,” Nick whispered as he laid her gently on the bed. Kylie weakly grasped onto Nick’s shirt.

“Don’t go,” she begged. Nick sighed as he agreed. He laid down next to his wife and let her curl into him, using his shoulder as a pillow. Nick laced his fingers through Kylie’s hair and listened as her breathing began to even out. He didn’t know what to do. He loved his wife, but if making love to her, made her dizzy, he didn’t think he could through it again…no matter how much he enjoyed the simple act of love. He wasn’t about to be the one who caused his wife’s death.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah...I know this chapter is a little short, but I wanted to at least give you all something! Working on Chapter 6 now! Love you all!!

Image

Live4Music -- I'm happy for Nick and Kylie too. I also want Dani and Kevin to work it out...granted I haven't gotten that far, so nothing i set in stone, but I have ideas...and hopefully things will work out!!

Hollister hobo -- I'm glad! And here you go!

PeaceOutDude123 -- I'm glad you got an A! And you know I tend to have that same habit. I never want to get on and do my school work...tends to hinder my writing. But we do what we have to, to succeed!

jbhslover12 -- Here you go! Sorry it took so long!

drama-queen-ak -- You know I do that too...I'll be ready to go to bed, and suddenly I get a Mibba update from my favorite author, and suddenly I'm up for another 2 or 3 hours reading. It can't be helped...although I do end up lacking for sleep. lol. I'm glad I made sense, I really wanted them too...

Just Exhale -- Thank you so much! I wanted them to be different. I tend to get tired of reading the same story with different plots, and I wanted something I really hadn't seen before. Plus using Nick Jonas is always a plus!!

alicia_9619 -- Thanks! Also thanks for commenting on the previous story! I loved reading your comment! I love this story, even though I don't get to work on it as often as I like! And since she is preggo, he might be supportive, if Ashlyn ever gives Joe a chance to be supportive...but we shall see...won't we? lol

Breathless Tallie -- Tallie Tallie Tallie....breathe...lol I love my banner skills too! In fact I plan to start the one for that one shot you sent me...I just need to find the time to get it done. Hey how did that banner work for your paper? Did you get a grade back yet? I want to know!! I did not know that your mom wanted to name you Stephanie, but I have to say...it is an awesome name! I don't get called Stephie...usually (except by you!) I mostly get called Tuffie, Stuffie, or just Stephanie. Tuffie and Stuffie are nicknames that my siblings call me. Funny story, believe it or not...lol...I was named after my dad's first girlfriend in Kindergarten...he liked the name so much, he vowed to name his first daughter that! Only he didn't tell my mom that story until after they signed my birth certificate! lol