Broken

Goodbye

All of you
Shaped me into what I am
Carried out the bitter man
Do you have a master plan?


“Samantha, Will you marry me?” I watched as my best friend and secret love proposed to the ‘love of his life.’ I felt a sharp pain rip through my abdomen up to my heart. I gasped as I pushed a hand over my heart as she gave her cheerful answer of yes. Nick smiled as pulled his British fiancée into his arms as everyone cheered. I caught Nick’s eye as I slumped over. He dropped his arms from her and ran over to me skidding to a stop. “Annie.” He screamed. I shook my head and gasped again holding onto my body. “Whats wrong.” I looked up at him as I fell onto the ground as another shot of pain ripped through me.

Oh no

“Nick.” Denise lent down and grabbed his hand. “We need to get her to hospital.” I closed my eyes as I was picked up letting the pain take over my body as the pain continued my breaths became shorter. I slipped in and out of consciousness as soon as I was moved to the hospital. I heard talking about me but didn’t listen until they told Nick what was wrong with me.

Somewhere I've
Let all my defenses down
Never thought to turn around
And you do not make a sound


“She’s dying of a broken heart.” The doctor finally answered Nick’s unspoken question. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. “Unless you find out who’s doing this to her… I don’t believe she’ll make it.”

See it turning grey
Like a bullet through the chest
Lay me down to rest
It's a lovers final breath


“She can’t die… Not of a broken heart who’d…Who’d do this too her! Who would break her heart.” He cried out.

“You did.” Joe answered. “You broke her heart.” I heard a sharp snap and a muffled cry from Joe. “You broke her heart because you don’t love her.”

“Shut up!” Nick yelled. “You don’t know what I want and who I love.” I hear a kick come from someone.

“Your breaking her, Killing her.” Joe continued.

And I found out
Nothing comes without a cost
And life was just a game we lost

Do you have a better thought?


“Nick. Is she okay? I was hoping she’d be a brides maid, She is skinny and has perfect bone structure.” I hear Samantha’s voice. I heard my heart beat slow at the sound of her.

“No. She won’t be out.” The beeps slowed down even more. “She’s been asleep for a week now, I doubt she’ll wake up soon.”

“Oh well, It’s a shame. I was thinking you could pay since you well off.” Samantha’s voice filled my ears. I felt a tear leak from my eye as they talked.

“She’s crying.” Frankie’s soft voice cooed. “Look.” He whispered. Nick and Samantha stopped their conversation. “Remember the time we were at the lake and Nick and Annie were climbing that tree and Nick fell out pulling Annie with him. He broke his arm and she broke her tooth.” Laughs filled the room as Frankie told the story.

“How about the time Annie’s boyfriend cheated on her and you punched his face in Nick telling him he was anything but lucky to have her.” Nick made a grunt when Danielle spoke. “Then you punched him again telling him anyone including you would be lucky to have her.” She finished everyone laughed once more.

“I can’t believe that boy was her first kiss.” Denise sighed.

“He didn’t…. I mean she didn’t give her first kiss to him.” Nick answered. He sounded like he was about to cry. “Oh my god. She needs to wake up.” I felt his hands on my shoulders. “I need you to wake up.”

“Why?” Samantha’s voice yelled over his.

“Because I love her.”

Oh

Now you're gone
And nothing's ever felt so wrong
A moment seems to last so long
Do you have a fear so strong?

See it turning grey
Like a bullet through the chest
Lay me down to rest
It's a lovers final breath

Now I die
And kiss your tender lips goodbye
Pray to God who hears my cry
♠ ♠ ♠
:)