Status: R.I.P. Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Kiss It Goodbye.

Found.

Jimmy’s P.O.V.

“Amber’s a special case, you cant legally adopt her.” Mr. Walsh told me, “this is another reason most people shy away from her. See the state’s law says that until we find out who her parents are, we can only grant a guardian temporary custody.” he finished telling me.

Temporary custody?

“What if they never find her parents?” I asked him.

“Well, if by the time that she becomes eighteen, she still remembers nothing, and we cannot find her parents…well she’ll already be legal. Unless her parents, if found, do not want her and they give up their rights, that is the only way she can be granted permanent custody.” he told me.

“So, if I wanted to adopt her. I’d have to stick with temporary custody until she remembers or her parents show up?” I asked again, for clarity.

“Yes, that’d be the only way.” he said again.

“Alright. Where do I start the paperwork?” I asked him. I wasn’t leaving here, without at least getting temporary custody.

After going through the papers, and background checks and all that shit. I could finally leave.

“You’ll have to wait till tomorrow to bring her home,” Mrs. Walsh told me with a sad smile.

“That’s alright. As long as she can come home, I’m okay with it.” I told them with a smile of my own.

After I left their office I went to find Amber. I saw some kids in the hall, “Hey, have you two seen Amber?” I asked them. They just pointed to outside.

I went outside, but didn’t see her on the swing-set. I looked around the yard, and didn’t see her.

“Maybe the kids were wrong,” I said to myself.

“Up here Jimmy,” I heard her voice come from the tree next to the play set.

I walked over and looked up. I saw her sitting there, “Hey, I was looking for you.” I told her smiling.

“You found me.” she said back still staring up at the sky.

“I have some good news for you, “ I started, and she finally looked at me, “I’m adopting you…well sort of.” I said. She looked at me, very confused.

“I cant legally have permanent custody of you, because of state laws since your biological parents still have rights to you, I can only have temporary custody,” I explained to her.

“So…what does that mean?” she asked sitting up with her legs dangling over the branch.

“It means, that until you turn eighteen, you remember your past or they find your parents, then I have custody of you. If your parents show up, they get you back unless they sign over their rights.” I told her.

She nodded, and climbed down from the tree. “Does this mean I can go home with you?” she asked me, hope showing in her eyes.

“Not tonight. I can bring you home tomorrow.” I told her, with a sad smile. She frowned a little, but quickly recovered, “That’s okay. As long as I get to go home with you.”

I wonder what Leana is gonna think of all this…
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little bit of Jimmy's pov. :]

comments are helpful.
subscribe :]