You Are Not a Robot

Chapter one

Finally, the last of my boxes were packed. Leaving Pittsburgh is a good decision, and maybe if I kept telling myself that, it would become true. Casey, my best friend since my young days in Hollywood, lifted the a box of books and told me she'd meet me in the truck. Good, I needed a moment to part with this place. I've lived here for almost two years, it wasn't the perfect house. But Sidney really wanted it, so I gave in. Memories were floating above my head, trying to enter my brain. I pushed them away, left my key on the counter, sighed and closed the door behind me.

~

I grew up in Ontario, Canada but moved to LA when I was 15 with my older cousin, Daniel. We both had dreams of being something more then the manager of Tim Hortons, we both wanted to be actors. When we left Canada, my dad had just died and my mom was in a total state of depression, I doubt she even noticed i left. Daniel and I would stay up late, texting or on the phone, discussing how much housing in LA would cost, about what school I would attend, and how it would be a struggle, but nothing would stop us. He was 20, and had a decent job in Canada, which made it easier to save up. I got a job at Wal-Mart, stocking selves and cashiering, I took all the shifts I could.

My first audition was a total wreck. I was nervous and couldn't even focus on the lines they had told me to read. But after 10 or 20, i got better. My confidence grew and I was getting commercials, and parts as extras in big movies. An audition for a new Disney show had caught my eye on the bulletin outside my managers office. Daniel insisted I do it, in hopes that he would maybe meet a former Disney star, like Hilary Duff, or Lindsey Lohan. I decided to go, although the audition required singing, which was never my strongest subject. But, to my surprise, they called me back, then again, then again. And before I knew it I was the star of my own show. I got singing lessons with my first big paycheck, so I could secure my position on the show, my show. I paid of mine and Daniels small house, and went shopping. In just a year, the show was a hit. I was one of the youngest actresses with the biggest paycheck. Three years later though (age 18) the Disney role was getting kind of raw. I was an adult and wanted to do more then be a poster child. I wasn't a kid anymore! I went to parties, sometimes got into bars and pubs, and had grown into my body and personality. I was friends with other big names in Hollywood, some of them Disney stars such as myself.

I'm usually out going, but I can get shy, usually around new people. I've played hockey since I was 6, which adds to the Canadianism. I'm pretty active, the paparazzi don't bother me, in fact, they can be fun to talk to. My favorite Star Bucks drink is a caramel frappé, I have brunette hair that falls to the middle of my back, blue eyes and a curvy body.
♠ ♠ ♠
(I was going for my own version of Hannah Montana, if you didn't notice.)