You Are Not a Robot

Chapter two

I walked into Olive Garden, got a table and waited for Daniel. It was his 23rd birthday, and we've been coming to the Olive Garden for major events, in LA, for a while now. It was noisier than usually, but i didn't mind. I took off my cardigan and sat it on the cushy bench that was empty beside me. I took out my phone, checked the score in the Leafs game, and of course they were losing, TSN mobile told me that the Kings were facing Pittsburgh in two nights. That should be interesting, maybe I could swing some tickets I thought.. Daniel texted me and said he would be a little late because of traffic, I sighed and pushed my hair out of my face. When I looked up, a little girl and her mother were standing in front of me, the girl asked for a picture with me, and I happily agreed. I kneeled down so i was at height with the little girl, smiled for the camera and gave her a hug. Daniel showed up and we ate, I had a cake brought in and he went red as they sang to him. After I got home from dinner, I made a few phone calls and got my little brother on a flight to LA, pulled some strings and got us two tickets to the Kings game. Then i fell asleep with my head on the kitchen counter.

Mikey, my 14 year old brother came around the corner at LAX with a smile on his face, his braces gleaming. His tan was somehow still amazing from winter, and I was definitely jealous of his freckles. Considering the Kings game was on a weeknight, Mikey had homework he had to do, then we got McDonald's for dinner, which we ate in my car on the way to see Daniel.

The next day, I woke up with a smile on my face, knowing i'd be back in a hockey arena that night brought back so many good memories. I showered and then ran some errands with Mike. I bought him a Marc-Andre Fluery Jersey for the game tonight, I suggested to buy myself a Lemiuex jersey , a classic, but he insisted that this I should get Crosby and that he was the next best thing. When we got the the game, Mike complained the the paparazzi from outside had stepped on his foot and that people were looking at him. I stayed silent, listening to him go on for a few more minutes until the puck dropped, then he was okay.

This Crosby kid was unbelievably good, I noticed that the Pens might be making a comeback throughout the game. They had a whole new roster basically, lots of Canadian guys, at least thats what the overheard said during first intermission. Second intermission rolled around and I just had to get nachos, the smell was burning a hole in my nose. Then came the end of the game, good because my voice was almost gone. Pittsburgh won 5-3, despite how good LA was playing. I was slightly pissed. Mike looked at me with his big brown eyes and asked if I could get us down to the locker room. I tried my best, I even had to flirt a little bit.. Mike was excited though, so I guess it counted.

The unique smell of hockey sweat was wafting in the air, and I knew we were getting close and we walked down a long grey hallway towards all the noise. I heard a few shouts, and we made a left at the end of the corridor where Mike's eyes lit up when he saw all the players. I was wondering who to ask when a tall sweaty man grabbed my attention.

"HEY BOYS, WE GOT A FAMOUS ONE!" This guy yelled in a slight French accent. "How can I help you?" I usually would have been used to people noticing me, but I was thrown off by the fact that he was sweaty, and was lacking a shirt. I stuck my hand out and was greeted by his.

"Max Talbot" he said in a cocky sense. I smiled, "Lauren Gunn, I was wondering if my brother could get a few autographs" I let go of his hand, "I had to fight pretty hard to get down here."

"Sure kiddo, but only if I can have your sisters, for my cousins, of course." He smiled at Mikey and winked at me. I giggled like a 12 year old. This guy was a real laugh. After we exchanged autographs, Mike asked for Fluery and Crosby, Max hollered and two large men showed up, sans shirts.