You Are Not a Robot

Chapter three

At that Kings game, Sid asked me to dinner after some heavy flirting, which I was a bit skeptical about considering my little brother was right there. We exchanged numbers and hit it off immediatly. Our first date was on a Fridaythe following month, the next time he played the Kings. He showed up at my house in dress pants and a tucked in light blue button up, very handsome if I might add. I wore a little black dress, but not too little, because I had no idea where we were going and because I didn't want him to get the wrong idea.. We climbed in his rented SUV, where the conversation flowed as if we were bestfriends. I remember being so nervous when he took my hand so we could rest them on the space between our seats.

At dinner, which was a small classy restaurant, which later he admitted to the factthat he found it online, we kept the conversation going with only a few pauses to look at eachother, as cheesy as that sounds. We talked about everything, from hockey to his 6th grade birthday party.

"so can you still skate, or have you lost all the talent?" he joked. I smiled, meeting his eyes. "I haven't been on skates in a while, but I'm sure I can get the hang of it back."

He drove up to my driveway, put the car in park and got out. I, still sitting in the passenger seat was in shock. Was he really going to walk me to my door? What a gentleman. He opened the door for me, took his hand it mine and walked my to my door.

"I had a really good time" he started, "and I don't know when I'll see you again.." I looked at him sideways. "Come to Pittsburgh? You could buy a small house, and just stay there when you need to get away." I laughed, pushed this thought to the back of my head for later. "Come on, stars like Angelina Jolie have up to five houses!" I began to blush, our first date and he wanted me to move across the country to be closer to him. I could hear my mother now "oh the glory days of young love.."

I began to say something, but she silenced me by pointing his pointer finger to my lips. "Seriously, think about it." He took my face in his hands, and kissed me on the forehead, twice. Then he wrapped his arms around for what felt like an eternity, but I didn't really mind, not at all really. I opened my door, not breaking eye contact with him, said goodnight and then watched him walk slowly back to his car, with his hands in his pockets. Then I sat on the floor in my dress and giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for spelling mistakes! Please comment!