You Are Not a Robot

Chapter five

On June 12th, 2009 Pittsburgh won the Stanley cup. After a nerve-racking game seven versus the Detroit Red wings, Max Talbot scored both goals to make the official score 2-1. I was in the box with Mario and a bunch of other legends and family members, including my boyfriends parents and younger sister, Taylor. With only a few seconds left on the clock, Detroit had puck control and was heading to the net. I grabbed Taylor hand, and she squeezed back. Fluery made an amazing, brilliant save, and the buzzer sounded. It took me a second to realize what I have just witnessed, I looked at Taylor who wiped away my falling tears and we both screamed and hugged so tight I thought my heart was being squished.

I ran as fast as I could down to the ice, through the back corridors and through the locker rooms. It was crowded on the ice and bench, but I had to find a way on. Excuse me's and sorry's didn't seem to work, and nobody here really cared about who I was. My only option was to body check people out of my way. Sidney was hugging Malkin, and I let him have his time. I stood on the ice, with Taylor, leaning against the boards. All I really remember was the smell of the ice and my whole body shaking and not being able to calm down. Marc-Andre saw me first, skating over to me and lifting me up into a hug, this is when I began crying more. It was crowded, obviously, but Sidney's eyes caught mine and Fluery put me down. I started running across the ice, Sid skating, his playoff beard needed to go, real soon. He was crying, but the most beautiful joyful cry I'd ever seen. He picked me up, and spun me round, and we couldn't do anything but laugh.

That night was the biggest blur of my life, I was already buzzing when we left the locker room, where I drank most of my alcohol out of the gleaming cup. Although I can recall some events of the night, for example the flashing in my eyes, the sex, going out with the cup, the sex, being on a roof, and the sex. I was informed the next night, when I woke up, that we had gotten in at nine thirty in the morning. So I'm gonna say the parts I can't remember were pretty great too.

The summer was going to be pretty short, but that was a good thing. Full of press, traveling with the team and the wives and relaxing. I didn't have to be back in LA until August 7th, Sidney's birthday, and when I told him he was sad, but only wanted me back as soon as possible. The award show held on August seventh was for MTV, and I was pretty excited, I love shows because I got to see a ton of my friends. I couldn't stay for the after party, I was catching the first flight out to Nova Scotia, and I was perfectly okay with that.