It's Better If You Do

Trente-Trois.

Fred felt her cheek heat up beneath his hand as she looked down, the smile on her face brightening her eyes. He grinned, "Well, it's the truth. I wouldn't lie to you, Rosie."

She looked up at him, and tilted her head to the side slightly, watching his face to see if he really meant it. His brown eyes were clear and open, and her smile grew in repsonse. Her words were quiet and sincere, "I'm pleased to hear it."

Turning back to the window, she bit her lip, grinning. No one had ever said anything like that to her before, and if they had, she wouldn't have believed them anyways. But, Fred was just so... she searched for the word, and found it when she recalled Bellamy's reasoning: "I feel like he is the more genuine of the twins." Genuine. She nodded to herself, and wondered aloud, "How long does this last?"

He shrugged, "Dunno. Can't be too long, though," he smirked, and said in a teasing tone. "Unless it's too much for you."

"No, it isn't. It's very pretty, but I'm getting a bit bored." Rose admitted, leaning her back against the glass and the view.

Fred burst into laughter. "Oh, you're a girl after my own heart. Most would stand here and stare for hours, but I'm just too keyed up for it. I have to walk around a bit, atleast."

She grinned, her eyes more mischevious than he had ever seen them. "Do you really want to give that man a scare?"

"My my, Ms. Lefebvre. I think I'm becoming a bad influence on you." he said, as she took his arm.

"No, I've just got someone to have fun with now." she told him, laughing lightly, sounding very care free. "Where to?"

"My turn," came the sneaky reply, and they dissapeared. Rose gasped loudly as they reappeared in a garden full of roses. No one was around, or they would have definitely had a problem with couple appearing out of thin air. She wandered around, looking at all of the orange flowers.

Fred smiled as she turned back to him, her face awed. He said, "Queen Mary's Rose Garden. Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Beautiful," she repeated, taking in the pleasant fragrances emanating from the garden. Willow trees swung lightly in the breeze, with the sun filtering through the leaves turning them a bright jade. "How did you find this place?"

"It's quite popular, actually. George and I found it, and it's a nice place to come and think," he said thoughtfully.

She nodded, and they began walking down the sidewalk in a comfortable quiet. It was truly a sight to behold. Everywhere roses bloomed, of all colors as they walked along the cobble stone path. The sun warmed their backs, and turned Rose's hair an even lighter shade than normal.

Fred broke the silence as they came up around to a pond. "If I didn't know any better, it'd be nice to swim in."

"What do you mean?" she asked curiously. He smiled ruefully at her, and raised his eyebrows.

"George pushed me in the last time we were here, and it was absolutely freezing. I chased him around here for about half an hour before we collapsed on the green, laughing our heads off." he told her, shaking his head, chuckling.

"I would have killed him." she said, grinning.

"Oh, I tried, believe you me. But, he's fast when he wants to be. The prat." but the insult was light hearted, and she smiled.

"I'd love to see George try that with Bellamy. She would kill him." Rose said wryly, her eyes dancing from the idea.

He blanched slightly, and nodded. "Indeed. He isn't that stupid, though. Besides, I'm more on her hit list than he is, now."

"Only because she loves me." she said matter-of-factly.

"I know. We act the same way towards any guy dating our sister, though Ron goes a bit overboard about it. 'Course, he goes overboard about everything." Fred told her quietly, a smile of wistfullness on his face.

"You really miss them, don't you?" she asked softly.

He turned to her, and said seriously, "I've always been around atleast one other member of my family besides George, and for the past month it's just been him and me in the shop. I'm used to being away from my parents and my older brothers, but Ron and Ginny... I tease them to death, but it's all in love."

"I know how you feel. The last year I was in Beauxbatons... It was really lonely. I never had many friends, since all I needed was Bellamy, and it wasn't very pleasant, to say the least." she said darkly, remembering the arrogancy of the other girls, and the cool aloofness of the boys.

Fred frowned, and wondered how in the world they could have slighted her. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and said reassuringly. "Well, you have George and I now."

"That's very true." she agreed, her tone lightening considerably. They walked on, neither of them commenting on his arm around her. It was very comforting to her, and it felt very natural. She smiled up at him, "Thank you. For today. It's been wonderful."

"The day isn't over yet," He grinned. "Just wait for the grand finale."

Laughing, she shook her head, highly amused. "Will we even make it home before dinner?"

He shrugged, and smiled. "Maybe. Maybe not. It's all a surprise, remember?"

"How silly of me to forget such an important detail," she teased lightly.

"It's part of your charm," he stage whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you were curious about the orange flowers or the pond, there you are. :)