It's Better If You Do

Quarante-Sept.

The couple wandered around the zoo in search for an animal they hadn't already seen, though they had walked around the zoo atleast three times. It had been over four hours since they had arrived at the zoo, but neither of them wanted to leave just yet. It had been nice talking back and forth, learning more and more about one another, but they were getting hungry. The sky was a pretty red, orange, and yellow as it started it's descent down the sky, and Rose was marveling at it, when Fred asked, "How about we play a game?

Rose looked up at him suspiciously, though her eyes were lit up with interest. She loved games of all kinds, but she didn't trust him. Not at all. She scrutinized his expression, and his eyes were full of mischief. Against her better judgement, she took the bait. "Okay... What game?"

"Truth or dare?" he asked nonchalantly, grinning widely at her suddenly horror struck expression. She shook her head furiously.

"No way. That game is nothing but trouble." she said firmly, though secretly wanting to play, and curious as to what he would dare or ask her. Fred saw the indesicion on her face, and went for the kill.

"Please, Rosie? For me?" he pleaded softly. His brown eyes were quite pitiful, and he looked down after a moment, looking very forlorn. He had perfected this over the years, and it worked on everyone but his mum, and he would bet half of his things on it, and Bellamy. Rose bit her lip, looking down, and after a long pause, she sighed.

"Fine. But I get to go first," she said severely, to which he nodded eagerly, the pleading already done with. He grinned widely, as she casually asked, "Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

She frowned dramatically at him, pouting slightly. "That wasn't what I expected."

"I do have a tendency to be unpredictable every now and then," Fred said, a smile curling his lips. Gnawing on the inside of her cheek, she finally settled on something, having given up on asking anything embarassing.

"What is your middle name?" she asked, looking up at him.

He laughed, and answered, "I am Fred Septimus Weasley, after my dad's dad. George is named after our mum's dad. I forget what it is... Something complicated. All of our distant family have bizarre names. Now, your turn: Truth or Dare?"

"Truth," she said softly, already scared of what he would come up with. She got worked up for nothing, however because what he asked her was very mild.

"What is your middle name?" he asked with a crooked grin.

"Lorraine. After my grandmother. A bit ironic, that we're both named after our dad's parents side." she said, letting out a small laugh. "Hmmm. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

Rose thought for a moment, then grinned, proud of herself for coming up with something so clever,"Let's see...The next time George takes a shower, I dare you to pour ice water on him as a reminder of last night."

Fred roared with laughter, and nodded vigorously. "I'll do it. He'll kill me, but I'll most certainly do it. So you do have a prankster side after all."

"I indeed do. You haven't seen the half of it." she said defensively, though still smiling. He nodded again, grinning down at her.

"I'll bet. Truth or dare?"

"Truth." she said instantaneously. Fred went through his list of things he was curious about, but remembered her comment about 'taking care of things herself.'

"What was it you and Bellamy were really talking about when you said you could handle the tiger escaping from the zoo?" he asked slowly, watching her expression carefully.

She instantly blushed a deep scarlet, cursing herself for have made up such a lame excuse. Mortified, she whispered, "Bellamy was... making sure that you weren't... too, erm... forward with me..." He flushed a bit as well, remembering the brunette's stern threat.

"That makes more sense," he murmured, before giving her a sincere smile. "Tigers don't often escape from zoos."

"No, they often don't," Rose agreed quietly. After a moment of silence, he decided he needed to act fast, or she would spend the rest of the night dwelling on her sister's comment. Hoping to get her mind off of the embarassing topic, he lightly pulled her towards the exit. "Where are we going?"

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm starved," he said casually. "And besides, don't you have some tickets to pay for?"

"That's right, I do! I'll add a bit of spare change for the donations, because that's what zoos work off of, you know. That way the tigers will be extra cared for." she said, pleased that she would be contributing.

"Tigers are important," Fred said, nodding, his brown eyes twinkling. "Otherwise how else would I have gotten you here?"

The blonde flushed, and pushed him playfully, though it affected her more than it did him, as she rebounded off his chest. "I like the other animals, too."

"Yes, but your favorites are tigers, are they not?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her. She nodded, a small smile perched on her lips. "And, thanks to you, my new favorite animals are those charmingly pudgy little animals called meerkats."

"Why the meerkats?" she asked curiously, laughing softly.

"Because they're playful, mischevious, and a close knit family. It reminds me a bit of life at the Burrow." he said, his mind far off on the ruckuses his family caused when they were all together.

"The Burrow?" Rose asked, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"Oh, that's the name of our house." he said in explanation. Before she could ask any more questions, they had reached the exit, and she began fumbling in her pocket for money. Rolling his eyes, he pulled some of his money out and put it in the till, pulling her away.

"Why didn't you let me pay?" she asked indignantly, shoving her money back into her pockets. He shrugged, as they made their way slowly out.

"The gentlemen is supposed to pay for the lady. Haven't you learned that in etiquette?" the ginger headed boy teased, squeezing her hand in emphasis on lady.

She tossed her hair back in a great imitation of Fleur, and began in an arrogant tone, "Oh, yes. That eez right. Eet seemz I forgot after I finished beeng better than everyone else."

Fred snorted with laughter, but played along, adopting her tone, "Well, we are. I'm surprised you forgot. But, you're allowed since you're so pretty."

"I am pretty, aren't I? Of course, I 'ave neveer forgotten theez. I am so beautiful that everyone should bow before me, and thank theer lucky stars I ever graced theer presence!" Rose exclaimed loudly, causing people passing by to stare. The couple then burst out laughing, almost falling over each other as they stumbled out of the zoo, hand in hand.