It's Better If You Do

Quatre-Vingt-Quinze.

"Daily snogging session," Rose muttered to herself, the blush still burning on her cheeks as she quickly walked into the flat. "You'd think they were five years old and still thought cooties were still contagious."

"When everyone already knows that cooties were exterminated by the Ministry ages ago," Fred said with a laugh from his spot on his bed, ruffling his damp hair with a towel. Rose smiled at him and took the towel from him, gently drying it. He hummed deep in his throat, and leaned back against her, closing his eyes. Rose smiled softly and after a few moments lightly set the towel on the bed and ran her fingers through his hair, yawning quietly.

"You know, I really wish they wouldn't have woken us up so early. It isn't even but eight o'clock," she said in a weary sort of voice, and he nodded, feeling quite put out with the pair of them at the moment. He had been sleeping quite well and he was sure Rose had been as well. Even the smell of Bellamy's cooking wasn't waking him up like it usually would. He could almost make out the sound of his Bellamy's voice, but it was muffled. Fred was sure George was getting it for their blind date last night, and their eventful drinking spree. Poor bloke. He didn't envy him one bit. Fred's thoughts were interrupted when Rose sighed, and he looked up at her curiously. Giving him a small smile, that was more like a grimace he noted, she shook her head.

"I told Bellamy that George fancies her," Rose told him quietly, her tone a bit dark. "She wasn't too... thrilled. A little shocked at first, but..." she trailed off. Fred frowned grimly. He hadn't expected anything more or less from the hostile brunette. She was nice every once and a while, but so bitter. He expected he would be too, but not every second of every day. That just wasn't healthy. She began again, sounding more hopeful than she had before. "But I think maybe she might give him a chance. Eventually. A long while from now. He just needs to act normal, and like he doesn't fancy her. Give her a chance to think and get over Julian."

"If she gets over him," he pointed out softly, and Rose's full lips slipped into a frown. Another small sigh escaped her, and she shrugged nonchalantly, though her blue eyes were full of sadness.

"I don't see how she can, if she hasn't already," she said. "It's already been over a year."

"Maybe," he began slowly, "The first step would be Bellamy actually wanting to get over Julian. She doesn't seem to be trying too hard. She's wallowing in self pity. She's got to want to move on, you know?"

Rose was taken aback at this, but instantly she knew that this was true. It made sense. It fit so well it astounded her that she hadn't realized this on her own. This was why Bellamy had kept the photographs, the letter, and had been so reluctant to be fancied... Perhaps, she still thought maybe Julian would come back to her. This thought hurt Rose more than anything else, because she knew that the fair haired boy would never return. Fred cast an anxious glance up at Rose, and she merely smiled weakly.

"Vous avez raison," she murmured, and when Fred gave her puzzled look that was half exasperated, she said, "You're right. You're absolutely right."

Noticing that Rose's mood was taking a turn for the worse, he gave her a wide, cheeky grin, and said, "Now that's something I'd like to hear atleast once a day."

A sudden bright smile flitted across Rose's face, lightening up her eyes. She playfully swatted at Fred's head, and they both began laughing cheerfully while she said, "Oh, hush." He gave her an impish smile, his chocolate brown eyes twinkling.

"Is that an order? I never took you for the bossy type, you know," he said teasingly, and she smiled ruefully at the boy, shaking her head.

"You're just trying to get a rise out of me," she said in a matter-of-fact sort of voice. "And I won't ha-ha-have it." Fred gave a small laugh at the sleepy girl, an affectionate smile turning up the corners of his lips. Glancing towards the door, he noticed that neither Bellamy nor George had called them down to breakfast. Smirking to himself, he leaned forward and stood, turning towards Rose, who was giving him a rather confused look. He nodded towards the bed.

"C'mon then. It won't kill them for us to have a bit more shut-eye," he said, tugging at her arm gently. Rose frowned and resisted, thinking of how her sister would probably react to them sleeping in more while she and George were feeling much worse than them.

"I don't think we should. Besides, breakfast is ready. Aren't you hungry?" she asked, and Fred shrugged it off, seeming very untroubled by the prospect of a warm, delicious meal by the wonderful cook.

"It'll still be there after we have a nap," he pointed out easily, tugging her inch by inch towards the head of his bed. She didn't seem to notice, and he smiled to himself at how easily distracted she was. If he didn't fancy her so much, she would have been one of the main targets of his infamous pranks, simply because she would be so easy to trick.

"But they need help with the shop. Bellamy might hurt one of the children," Rose said, knowing that was a bit of a reaching accusation. As much as her sister didn't like children, she would never, ever hurt one. Fred raised his eyebrows at her, trying not to laugh.

"George'd stop her. He cares about the kids, even if she doesn't. Now, come on. Into bed, mon chérie. We wouldn't want you falling asleep on the job, now would we?" he asked, and Rose sighed, knowing he was right.

"Fine," she grumbled softly as she crawled into his bed and faced towards the door, Fred snickering to himself all the while. "But just for a few minutes." The ginger haired boy smiled and kissed her shoulder, before wrapping his arms around her waist and nestling his head on the pillow.

"Of course. Just a few minutes," he reassured, and Rose's lips curved into a small, pretty smile before she fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo soooo sorry I haven't updated in forever! I promise I'm going to get right back on schedule. I just needed a break, but I'm back now, mon chéries. :)

P.s: Just so you know, the way they're laying is her back towards him, and him facing towards her back. I didn't know if that was clear or not. I also thought it was very sweet. I love laying like that. *smiles*