Status: end of the 6th chapter :)

All for You

Chapter 6

Brycen looks down at me, and then turns the keys in the ignition.

“Brycen?”

He ignores me, and tries to back out of the school parking lot, but all of the band geeks are just now going home so traffic is very congested.

“Brycen please just say something, anything. I’ve never told that story to anyone, you’re the first person that I’ve ever told, and now you’re ignoring me? Ugh, I knew I shouldn’t have told you. I KNEW this was a bad idea.” I start to get out of the car, but then realize that that’s probably NOT the best idea considering there’s a psycho after me… So I just stay in Brycen’s car, pouting and crossing my arms.

He looks over at me, and his tough-guy-driving-like-a-tough-maniac façade shatters. He smiles and kisses me on the forehead.

“Jeez Izzy why do you have to be so cute?” I smile and my façade shatters as well. I scoot over to the middle seat again, and put my head on his shoulder.

“I’m just feeling a little protective over you. I mean can you blame me? There’s a guy running amuck that had kidnapped and stalked you when you were seven, and now he’s out to kill you and the people close to you!” he sighs and leans his head on mine, with his soft curly brown hair tickling my nose. “I mean, I love you. I just don’t want you to get hurt again.”

“I don’t want you to get hurt either… And you being involved with me will get you hurt… So maybe you should stay away from me for a while…”

“Izzy, don’t even do this. I will NOT leave you just to save myself! I wasn’t even thinking about that!”

“Brycen, just hear me out. There is a MURDERER out there, who killed my Aunt, and who is out to get me now. He’ll want to come get me no matter what, but if you back out of this now you don’t have to get hurt. I really don’t want to see you get hurt hun… Especially if it’s because of me. It’d be really selfish of me to start seeing you and get you involved in this.”

“NO. Izzy, stop it! I refuse to leave your side! You are NOT shaking me off this easily, alright? I love you, and I’m going to protect you. I won’t let you get hurt, and if I get hurt in the process so be it.”

“I-” he presses his lips to mine, cutting me off.

“Okay?” he asks, but I know it’s non-negotiable.

I sigh… “Fine. You know you’re crazy though, right?”

“I know.” He smirks and kisses me again.

Traffic finally budges, and we slowly make our way to my house. It’s more time alone with Brycen, so you don’t hear me complainin’.

When we get near my house, I realize that I'm home alone, again. I really can't be left alone today with that creeper after me...I'll go insane with fear. It could drive me to the point of believing that His hands are at my throat, cutting off my tube of vital air supply, while I'm really just choking on some Cheetos or something. I'd probably still need someone to give me the Heimlich maneuver if that did actually happen though...

"Brycen, can you please come inside with me? Please?" I ask when we pull into my driveway, the fear twisting my stomach into knots. I know that I'm a strong person, but I also know that wouldn't matter if a grown man was trying to kidnap me again. I need someone here to protect me, and that’s the end of that.

"Woah there Izzy, I'm not sure I'm ready for that..." he says with a lighthearted tone, glancing up at me. I don't even smirk at his comment, or make a sarcastic remark back at him. He knows I'm past playing around, and more toward the point of being scared shitless.
Can he blame me?

"Nevermind." I say, throwing my legs across the seat and sliding down until my flat black converse hit the slightly damp pavement. The fog really adds to my fantastic mood.

"Izzy, wait!" he yells out of the partially opened door, his head disappearing for a second to take the keys out of the ignition. He runs up to me, halfway to the door, and wraps me up into his warm, strong arms from behind. I lean my head back and rest it on the front of his chest, closing my eyes and tilting my head up to catch some of the cool mist from above on my hot cheeks. When I get nervous my face goes red, and also Brycen holding me so close isn't helping THAT situation.

I open the door and feel a shudder go through me, chilling me to the bone; something’s not quite right here. With Brycen trailing behind me, I follow the too familiar scent, the unwelcome stench that I need OUT of my house immediately. It leads me up into my room, and instinct takes over. I know where it's coming from, and I can't believe I didn't notice this vile odor before when the mailman came.

I slowly ease open my door, and with the hinges ominously and slowly creaking open. It reveals a cluttered room with clothes all over the floor, you can’t expect any more from me, with the package sitting halfway under my bed, only a corner of it actually exposed. I get on my knees and start to pull the box out. The smell is absolutely repugnant at this point, and my gagging reflexes are feeling very hyperaware today. I can sense Brycen standing in the doorway, looking at me like I’m crazy, and also looking very curious himself. He doesn’t dare move any closer to me, because I’m as frozen as a statue, staring at the box on my lap. I can’t move my fingers to try rip off the clear tape bounding the lid closed. I can’t move a muscle, I’m just frozen staring at a box like a complete idiot.

I turn around, and Brycen finally approaches me, getting on his knees beside me.

“Izzy…?”

I look away from him, and back at the box. I can do this. I mean what’s the worst that a box could do to me? Give me a paper cut? I pick at the corner of the clear plastic-y tape, and start to rip it off. The scent gets stronger and stronger when it opens farther and farther, and my nostrils flare. I can barely stand much more of this, but curiosity’s getting to the best of me.

The flaps open, revealing bubble wrap. I slowly pick past the bubble wrap, and see what was hidden inside. When I see it, I start gagging and I run to the bathroom. If His cologne was making me gag, this put it over the top. I usually don’t puke, ever, but it’d be hard not to throw up if you were me. I shouldn’t have opened it. I should’ve just thrown away the package or something when I figured out that it was from Him. It SMELLED just like him. It smelled just like the night that I saw my aunt laying on the floor before me, it smelled just like the car he tried to drive off with me in.

It smelled like him.

I puked for a good 10 minutes. Soon after I ran to the bathroom a very confused and innocent Brycen came running to my aid, pulling my hair out of my face. I’m such a hassle for him, and he’s just so sweet. I’m just glad he’s here with me.

I lean back on my knees and pull myself up. I walk past Brycen and wash my mouth off at the sink, removing the excess vomit from my mouth. Gross.

“Are you alright? Will you just tell me what’s going on?” he asks after I’m done washing up. I walk downstairs into the living room and he follows me, and I plop down on the couch, exhausted from everything.

“You saw that package?”

“Yes Izzy, I saw it but I didn’t understand. Why was there a plastic eyeball in there? That just doesn’t make any sense.” I pinch in between my eyes with my pointer finger and thumb.

“When he shot my aunt, she lost an eye. She’s still alive, but she still doesn’t have enough money to buy a new eye.” I look down at my hands and notice that I’m shaking violently. Little spasms of movement travel down through my forearm to my fingers, making my arms feel numb.

“I still don’t… OH! Oh my god Izzy, what’s that supposed to mean? Is he going to shoot your eye out too? Oh my god! Ugh, he BETTER not get anywhere NEAR you again or I’ll-” he stands up, both of his hands down stiffly at his sides, balled into fists. His whole face is red, and his eyes are crazy. I think he’s had enough excitement for one night too.

I sigh. “No Brycen, I think he’s just reminding me of what he did. I think that he’s trying to scare me, and to send a message that he’s back for me.”

We look at each other a long moment, fully understanding the seriousness of the situation. I’m in immediate danger, and I might be putting the man I love in danger with me.