I'm Coming Out!

I'm Coming Out! Chapter 11

“Are you okay? You seem distracted,” Jane said as we walked out of cooking class.
“Well, Kate is good eye candy,” I said being half honest. My mind was on Kate and telling Jane the truth about her so-called boyfriend.
She rolled her eyes playfully at me. “Just be careful…”
“Why does everyone keep saying that?”
“Keep saying what?” Kate asked walking up to us.
“Saying that I look better without the pink highlights,” I said quickly.
“I love them,” she said giving Jane a look.
“I have nothing against them, I just prefer a lighter pink,” Jane said.
“Whatever,” Kate said before facing me. “I’ll text you tonight,” she kissed me and walked away.
Jane looked at me and I headed toward the doors.
Andy was already outside waiting for us. He took us home in time for dinner, which Jane stayed for. Afterward, Jane and I went up stairs to finish our homework.
“My mom texted me; she said she’ll be here in a few,” Jane said after an hour or so.
“Okay,” I said as I watched her pack up her things. Once she was ready, I walked her down stairs and we waited out side on the porch for her mom.
“I have some news for you,” I said slowly.
“What’s up?” she asked facing me.
“It’s about Denis…”
“What about him?”
“He’s cheating on you,”
Jane sighed and looked at the sidewalk. She didn’t say anything for a while, neither did I.
“Well, I guess that’s that,” she said. “I’ll talk to him tomorrow about it. Thanks for telling me”.
“I had two, you deserve better than that”.
She smiled at me. “Thanks, Nevaeh.”
Her mom pulled up to the curb and Jane sighed. “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow”.
“Bright and early,” I said before giving her a hug.
Jane hugged me back and gave me a quick peck on the check before hurrying over to her mom.
A smiled slowly came to my lips and I walked back inside.
She kissed me!