I'm Coming Out!

I'm Coming Out! Chapter 12

The next morning I walked to my locker where Jane was.
“How’d it go?” I asked her as I opened my locker.
“Well, he didn’t deny it. I ended it. He was an ass anyway.”
“I’m sorry.”
“It’s whatever.”
I smiled at her as I took out the books that I would need. We headed over to our friends and hung out until homeroom.
*******
Days passed and Jane and I seemed to be getting closer and closer. We hung out almost everyday after school, even when we didn’t have cooking class.
I also saw Kate a lot too. She made an effort to see me. She walks me to class and she took me out to lunch one day.
Kate was walking me to my locker after the last bell rang.
“So, I’m having a party next week and you should come,” she said smiling at me.
“I just might. Can I bring Jane?”
Kate’s smile fell and she rolled her eyes. “Whatever makes you happy.”
“Thanks,” I said opening my locker.
“I’ll see you later,” she said walking passes me pinching my butt.
I smiled to myself and started to reorganize my locker when Jane came bouncing over.
“Hey!” she said. “Want to come over and hang out?”
“When don’t we hang out,” I said to her.
“True, hurry up, my bus is going to leave soon.”
“I’ll just have Andy take us,” I said taking out my cell phone. I quickly texted him and Jane and I headed outside to his car.
**********
It was eight o’clock and my dad would be coming to get me soon. Jane and I were on her bed just talking aimlessly.
“Oh,” I said sitting up. “Kate is having a party and we’re going!”
“We?” she asked raising her eyebrow.
“Please!” I said blatting my eyelashes.
“Only because you’re cute,” she said rolling her eyes.
I smiled and gave her a hug. “Thanks!”
“You owe me!” she said once I pulled away.
“Deal,” I said looking her in the eyes.
The room fell silent as we stared into each others eyes. “God, you beautiful…” I whispered.
Jane slowly started to smile and I slowly started to lean in. She didn’t seem to mind; it almost looked like she leaned in too. I pressed my lips against hers softly. Jane inhaled and rested her hand on my leg. I slowly moved my lips with her, savoring this moment.
My phone rang and we jumped apart. I quickly grabbed it. “Hello?”
“Hey Nevaeh, I’m out side,” my dad said.
“Okay, give me one minute,” I said hanging up.
I looked Jane for a sec before grabbing my things and leaving.
******
After our little kiss Jane and I were distant. She kept to herself and I was forced to do the same. However Kate kept me company.
The week flew by and before I knew it was getting all sexy for Kate’s party.
“Where are you going dressed like that?” Andy asked walking in my room.
“Kate’s having a party and I’m going.”
“I can’t keep on protecting you…”
“Good, you’re my ride anyway,” I said smiling.
Andy rolled his eyes. “What if I have plans?”
“I’m more important,” I said grabbing my bag.
“Is Jane coming?” he asked.
“I don’t think so, things are a little between us…”
“Why?”
“I kissed her…”
Andy smiled. “Subtle...”
“Let’s go,” I said leading the way outside.