Status: Completed with ten stars!

You Said You Read Me Like A Book

The Results

“No, no, no…”I choked. I sank to the floor. “This can’t be happening…”There was a knock on the door, but I couldn’t bring myself to even call out to let them in. I sat on the floor, rocking back and forth. The door opened and Mikey watched me. He came in with a cocky attitude, but his expression changed and he was instantly at my side. He put his arm around me, and I leaned towards him. We sat in silence. Nothing had to be said.

“What are you going to do?” He asked after a little while. I just shook my head.

“My mother will either kill me or kick me out. I’m leaning more towards killing me, “I muttered. He seemed to think about this for a minute.

“What about the guy? What’ll happen with him?” He asked me. I wanted so badly to tell him everything. I wanted to say that he was married and almost twice my age. I wanted to explain, but I couldn’t. Why? Because it was his own brother.

“It’s really complicated with him, “I finally said. It was the truth. My relationship with Gerard was very complicated.

“Well, I’ve adopted you as my best friend. If things get bad, you can come stay with me, “he declared. I looked up at him.

“Are you serious?” I asked disbelievingly.

“I am deathly serious. So, go on and talk to your baby daddy. If he decides to be a prick, then I’ll have to take care of you. I’m not letting anything happen to you, “he said softly.

“Thank you, Mikey, “I muttered. I rose from my position on the floor and pulled him up. He smiled at me. “I’ll go call him now.”

“Okay, well, I gotta go do some stuff. I’ll be back to check on you later, “he stated. I nodded and waved as he left. I sighed and grabbed my phone. I dialed the number and felt my stomach do flips as it rang. I bit my lip and after two rings, he answered.

“Hey, “he greeted.

“We need to talk…”I said quietly.

“Hold on a second, “he said. I heard a shuffling and a door close. “Okay, what’s going on?”

“I…I…”My words got stuck in my throat.

“You what?” He asked nervously.

“I’m pregnant…”I mumbled quietly. There was a long silence and I was beginning to wonder if he had hung up. “Are you there?”

“Yeah, “he said quickly. “I’m just trying to process this…”There was another long silence. “Okay, we do need to talk. Um, meet me at the coffee shop around three, okay?”

“Okay, “I choked. I closed the phone and sighed, leaning against the bedpost. This can’t be happening.

Gerard’s POV

I leaned against the doorframe, unable to move. I tried to process my thoughts, but I failed. I gave up and went inside the house. Lindsey was sitting at the kitchen table. She looked up and smiled at me.

“Who called?” She asked me.

“Mikey, “I replied. “He wants me to hang out with him today. He wants me to meet his new lady friend.” I rolled my eyes for extra measure. She laughed.

“That boy has a new girl every week. He should settle down like you have, “she smiled and I felt a stab of guilt.

“Yeah, he should. I’m supposed to meet him around two. So, I’m going to go to the store and then, I’ll meet up with him somewhere. Do you have the list made?” I asked her. She nodded and handed me a piece of paper. I kissed her quickly before grabbing the keys.

“Be careful. I love you, “she called as I opened the door.

“I love you too, “I replied softly. I shut the door and went to the car. I grabbed my phone and dialed Mikey’s number.

“Hey, big brother, “he greeted.

“Hey, we’re going to hang out, okay?” I declared.

“Alright, where?” He asked.

“It doesn’t matter. I’m coming over now, “I declared.

“Alright. Bye, “he said. I shut the phone and drove to his house. I got out of the car and went up to the door. I knocked and he opened it.

“Wow, that didn’t take very long, “he laughed. I pushed past him and he shut the door. “What’s going on?” I took a shaky breath.

“I’m in trouble, Mikes, “I stated quietly. He looked at me.

“How so?” He asked. I walked to the living room and sat on the couch. I shook my head.

“I don’t know what to do… I fucked up, “I muttered.

“Once again, how so?” He asked impatiently.

“I cheated on Lindsey, “I said. His eyes widened, but he shook his head.

“Okay, I think that was expected to happen at some point. Okay, what’s so bad about that? A lot of people cheat on their wives or husbands, “he said. I hung my head.

“Well, I don’t know, “I muttered.

“Okay, what’s the chick like?” He asked instead.

“She’s beautiful and funny and smart, “I said quietly.

“Okay, what’s the problem then?” He asked, obviously confused.

“The thing is, I wasn’t exactly careful. I took her innocence, Mikey. I ruined her life, “I said quietly. “She’s pregnant.” His eyes widened and he laughed.

“No fucking way! And it’s yours?” He asked through the laughter. I nodded slowly. “How do you know this? How do you know she’s not a whore or something?” I wanted to scream at him. I wanted to tell him the whole story, but I couldn’t. Why? Because she’s just a kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I have like 30 subscribers and like 12 comments. What the fuck's up with that?
Comment please? That's how I get my stars. Comments and Subscribers...
So, please give me some feedback?
The more comments I get, the more chapters there are. (: