Status: Completed with ten stars!

You Said You Read Me Like A Book

Christmas Dinner With The Ways

Mikey opened the door and I followed him inside nervously. He walked through the house and we came to a room where there were several people, including Gerard. He looked up and smiled at me.

“Mom, I’m here, “Mikey said dramatically. An older woman with blonde hair looked up and smiled. She stood and walked over to her son. They embraced each other in a tight hug, and I began to wonder where my own mother was on this day. “Mom, this is Ashlyn.” She turned and smiled sympathetically at me. I knew why, too. Mikey had told her all of the story, except for I was apparently raped instead of just sleeping with Gerard. She hugged me tightly, and I returned the hug, grateful for a maternal gesture.

“Well, come on. Sit down, “she smiled at me. I sat next to Mikey and Gerard was watching me subtly. I looked up and smiled at him, before turning towards their father, who had been talking to me.

“So, I hear you’re a poet?” He asked. I nodded slowly, knowing who was to blame for that information. I mockingly glared at Gerard who just smiled slyly. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that Lindsey was there too. She smiled at me, and I forced a small smile. “Well, I’m glad that you could join us.”

“Thank you, by the way. I haven’t been around this many people for Christmas in
about three years, “I admitted softly. Their mother just put a hand over her heart and sighed. Mikey put his arm around me and I leaned against him, noticing how Gerard tensed slightly. After a little while of talking, everyone adjourned to the dining room for dinner. Then, quite some time later, Mikey decided we should probably go. I nodded and hugged both Don and Donna tightly, thanking them for having me. I looked at Gerard who was watching me expectantly.

“Merry Christmas, Ashlyn, “he smiled as I hugged him. His wife stared at me and I smiled slightly, hugging her as well. She smiled as she hugged me back.

“It was nice to meet the girl my husband kept running off with. At least I know you actually exist, and he wasn't just using you as an excuse to run off with some girl, “she laughed quietly. I felt a little guilty, but forced a laugh. I followed Mikey out the front door and got in his car. He started the car and began the drive home.

“Well, what did you think of my family?” He asked, looking over at me.

“They are very nice, “I smiled.

“Yeah. I’m surprised that you handled Lindsey being there so well, honestly, “he laughed.

“Yeah, I am too, actually. But, I just pretended like I was with you, not him, and it was really easy, “I explained.

“With me? Like, you were dating me?”

“Yeah?”

“That would make things less complicated, “he said thoughtfully.

“Yeah, I guess so, “I said slowly, not sure of what he was getting at.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, dinner with everyone.. Haha...
So, comment?