Status: Completed with ten stars!

You Said You Read Me Like A Book

Confessing To Ray

A loud buzzing woke me out of a comfortable sleep. I glared at the alarm clock, which read 7:00. I sat up and braced myself for the touch of the cold floor. I groaned and put on a pair of sweats. I left my bedroom and walked into the living room where Mikey, Gerard, and some new guy were all sitting around, drinking coffee. I glared at Mikey who looked up innocently.

“You’re a dick, “I muttered, walking over to Gerard. I hugged him and I heard a cough. I turned to face the other guy.

“So, this is Ashlyn?” He asked Gerard, who just nodded.

“Ash, this is Ray. He’s gonna be helping us, okay?” Gerard introduced. I nodded slowly, not fully awake. Ray raised a brow and shook his head slowly.

“So, did you like adopt Gerard as your dad or something?” Ray asked.

“Um, no. He was my English teacher, and now he’s been a really good friend, “I explained. It was the truth. He had become a really good friend as well as whatever else.

“Ah, okay. Well, here’s how this is gonna go. Mikey will be teaching you English, and I will be teaching you Math and Science. Gerard will be here to teach you History in the afternoons, after school, “he explained. I raised a brow at him.

“Why is Mikey teaching me English when Gerard’s the certified English teacher?” I asked, a little confused by that.

“I don’t know. Mikey just said he called teaching you English, “Gerard shrugged. I shook my head, understanding Mikey’s randomness.

“Don’t judge me, “Mikey muttered. I laughed and Gerard wrapped his arms
around my waist, pulling me onto his lap. Mikey gave us a warning glare, but I shrugged it off.

“I hope you know that, if I’m getting up this early, I’m not getting dressed, “I announced. Mikey laughed and shook his head.

“That’s fine. I’m your first class, and I’ll be wearing my pajamas, I’m sure, “he admitted. I nodded slowly. I glanced at the clock on the wall. I frowned at the fact that it read 7:38. Gerard seemed to realize this too, because he pulled me back so that my back was against his chest.

“Don’t worry, sugar. I’ll be back around 3:30 or 4:00, “he whispered in my ear. I smiled slightly and nodded. He nipped my ear and I giggled, which received another glare from Mikey.

“Well, Gerard, I guess we’ll see you after school, “Ray stated. Gerard sighed and patted my back, telling me to get up so that he could. When he got up, I hugged him and then sat back down on the couch. He said goodbye once more before leaving. Ray looked at Mikey who in turn just told me to go get some coffee from the kitchen. I got up and walked to the kitchen. I started to walk back, but I heard them talking in low whispers.

“I don’t know!” Mikey cried quietly.

“What the fuck is he thinking? She’s a fucking kid!”

“I don’t know… You can’t tell anyone…”

“How far have they gone?” Ray demanded to know. I closed my eyes, praying that Mikey wouldn’t tell him.

“Look, this is what I know. Gerard told me that he was cheating on Lindsey, and then, Ashlyn told me that she had a problem… Naturally, I put two and two together…”

“Define ‘cheating’, Mikey, “Ray growled. I took a deep breath.

“Just being with someone else.” They both jumped at my voice.

“Alright. How far have you two gone?”

“Never more than kissing, “I lied. He looked at me for a minute. “Ray, I know I don’t know you… But, I beg of you. Please do not tell anyone about this… Please… I don’t want to ruin his life. He’d be in so much trouble. He would get divorced and fired and jailed… Please, Ray…”I pleaded as the tears ran down my cheeks. He sighed.

“Alright. Don’t cry. He’s my best friend. I wouldn’t do that… Just, okay. Tell me everything, “he requested. I took a deep breath and tried to think this through.

“Well, we got really close when we went to the various poetry showcases… Then, a bunch of stuff happened… And, he found out my mom was hurting me…”This made Mikey tense up.

“Do you mean to say that he KNEW about your mom?” He hissed.

“Yes, but that was my fault. I told him it was the first time ever, “I explained.

“He, of all people, should know that that wasn’t true, “he growled.

“Mikey, let her finish, “Ray interrupted.

“Okay, and then, he found out that I was pregnant, and that was about when he became my best friend rather than a teacher, “I lied. Ray nodded, signaling for me to continue. “And, then, one night, when I told my mom, she pushed me down the stairs. That was the time that I came to stay with Mikey. But, in the hospital, I kissed Gerard. That was my fault.”

“But, he didn’t say no. Otherwise, you two wouldn’t be together, “Ray pointed out. I nodded slowly. “Alright, “he sighed. “Here’s the deal. I won’t tell anyone, but I expect you two to break up. I honestly do. I mean, he’s married and fourteen years your senior. You already told me that you know how much trouble he could get in for this. So, I expect you to do the mature thing here, okay?” I felt my heart break, but I knew that he was right. “Do we have a deal? What’s more important, your relationship or your well-beings?” I sighed and nodded slowly.

“Alright, Ray. I think she gets it, “Mikey said softly. Ray nodded.

“Alright, well, I gotta go. I’ll be back around noon. See you two later on, “he said as he walked to the door. I listened carefully for his car door to shut. The engine started and as soon as I was sure he was gone, I pulled my knees to my chest and cried. Mikey sighed and moved next to me. He put his arm around me and I cried on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry, “I sniffed. He shook his head.

“For what?”

“For crying like a baby. I knew it was too good to last, “I muttered. He lifted my chin with his finger and turned my head so that I was looking into his eyes.

“We all make mistakes. Don’t beat yourself up, “he said softly. I looked in his eyes for a minute, trying to decode his thoughts.

“This is a pretty big one, “I choked.

“It can always get better, “he smiled. I returned the smile and he brushed a piece of hair out of my face. He leaned down and kissed my lips softly. When he pulled away, he smiled at me. “If you want to see that rainbow, you have to put up with the rain.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw :D...
For all of you who are all "$%$WV% WHAT?!", it gets better.
For all of those who were kinda pissed at Ray? You'll want to read the next chapters.
For those who are rooting for Mikey, there ya go (:

Comments. Subscribers. Only a few more and this will be a 10-STAR STORY! (: