Status: Completed with ten stars!

You Said You Read Me Like A Book

Sleeping At A Stranger's House

I sat on a worn couch as the guy poured me a cup of coffee. He brought it over to me and smiled, sitting across from me in an old chair. I took a sip, grateful for the warmth that it brought. I felt him watching me, and I shifted uncomfortably under his stare.

“So, why did you run away?” He asked in an attempt to strike up a conversation. I laughed quietly at the thought of trying to explain.

“It’s a really long story, “I muttered.

“I got the time, “he smiled at me. I sighed and nodded. I felt I owed him at least some explanation for taking me in.

“Well, I got into some trouble… And I got knocked up… And this guy took me in after my mom kicked me out. And things were good for a while, and he and I started dating, I guess you could say. And, then, I ended up cheating on him with his own brother, which caused a fight, and I was tired of hurting him… So I just left, “I explained. He looked at me for a minute, but then, he smiled slightly.

“Well, I’m not the best with relationships, but I’m pretty sure you should avoid dating siblings. They are bound to find out at some point, “he giggled. I nodded slowly. “Well, I’m sorry that ya have all that shit on your shoulders. That’s pretty fucked up. I mean, it’s just me and the guys, so I don’t really have shit to worry about except my music, so that’s the plus side.”

“I guess, “I said quietly. There was an awkward silence, and then, I decided it was my turn to talk. “So, why the hell were you walking around in the dark as a hooded figure?”

“Oh, “he giggled again. “I have issues with sleeping at normal times… So, I guess you could call me a night owl. If I can’t sleep, I usually walk or play guitar or something, but my guitar’s getting repaired. So, I decided to walk.” I nodded slowly.

“Makes sense, “I muttered, taking another sip of the coffee.

“Well, at least I’m not a runaway, “he giggled.

“No, you just walk around like a rapist. That’s completely normal, “I laughed quietly.

“Well, I.. You… But I… Ugh, whatever, “he huffed jokingly. I yawned suddenly and he tilted his head to the side. “Are you tired?” I nodded slightly.

“Yeah, I am…”I said as I yawned again. He smiled.

“Well, you can sleep on the couch if you’d like. I’ll be right back, “he said before taking off down a hall. He returned a couple minutes later with a blanket and a pillow. “They are clean, just out of the washer. I’d offer you the bed, but, uh… You’d rather sleep on the couch, believe me.” I nodded.

“Well, thank you so much for letting me stay the night here… I would have froze to death, “I laughed.

“No prob, no prob, “he giggled. I smiled at him. “Well, I’ll let you sleep! I’ll talk to you when you wake up.” I nodded.

“Okay. Good night. Or, um, good morning, whichever, “I laughed sleepily.

“Good night, strange prego girl, “he smiled. I closed my eyes and felt the sleep pull me under.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the mystery man isn't a bad guy ;)
Any guesses?