Status: Completed with ten stars!

You Said You Read Me Like A Book

Resolutions

I held onto her. My little girl. She fell asleep, and I was enjoying the quiet. I just looked at her, noting her features. She was so beautiful. I was in the middle of my observations when the door opened. Mikey walked over to me and sat in the chair next to the bed. He looked longingly at her.

“What are you going to name her?” He asked softly, so as not to wake her. I just shrugged and looked at her a while longer.

“I want to name her something unique…”I said thoughtfully. He nodded understandingly. I thought for several minutes. “She looks like a Melody, wouldn’t you say?” He looked at her, pondering this, before nodding.

“Melody Tyler?” He suggested softly.

“Tyler?”

“Stupid, sorry…”

“No, ”I said quickly. “I like it.” His eyes lit up and I smiled faintly. “Melody Tyler… She has no last name… I don’t want her to carry the Burton family name…”Mikey smiled slightly and put a finger up.

“Well, I’ve been thinking about that… If, in the event that the father isn’t around, the baby has no last name, it takes the mother’s… Well, there is something that you could do to change your last name, ”he said slyly. I raised a brow at him.

“What is that?” I asked.

“Well, you could always get married…”He suggested thoughtfully. A smile pulled on the corner of my mouth. I raised a brow at him again.

“And who exactly might I marry?” I asked, jokingly exasperated. He bit his lip and pulled something out of his back pocket.

“I was kind of hoping that I was an option, ”he smiled faintly, opening the little box. I put my hand over my mouth quickly. He smiled and grabbed my hand, slipping the ring on my finger. I wrapped my arm around his neck and kissed him passionately. He smiled, pulled away, and sat back in the chair.

“The last name is taken care of, ”I decided. He smiled at me and I nodded. “And so, she shall be known as Melody Tyler Way.” He reached over and grabbed my free hand. I began thinking about how perfect this terrible mess had turned out.

“This is going better than I would have ever thought, ”he laughed quietly. I nodded and smiled at him.

“You read my thoughts like an open book, ”I smiled, intertwining our fingers. “I love you, Mikey.”

“I love you too, ”he whispered, kissing my hand. I felt as though my world was finally at peace. I knew that my life would be something after all, and it was all because of those amazing, caring, and loving people who said they read me like a book. The only problem? There are still pages to be written on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to house-of-night-4ever and nicolecullen for their awesome names.
I liked how they sounded together... Melody Tyler Way...
Hm... What did you guys think of the last chapter?

Sequel soon? So go ahead and subscribe to All Those Things I Still Remember

Thanks for everyone who commented and subscribed.
This is the first ten-star story I've ever written and I am so friggin excited!
Thanks again, you guys.
You guys fucking rock! I love yall!

Xo,
Jaz <3