Status: please tell me if you think I should continue. =)

What a Wonderful World

Chapter 1: Whatever I Wanted...

I squinted a bit as I opened my eyes because of the light coming through my windows. I yawned as I slowly sat up. I went to my music player and put on ‘What a Wonderful World’ by Louis Armstrong.

“I see skies of blue, red roses too…” I sang quietly with the music as I made my bed. As I finished, I focused on the lyrics once more. “And I think to myself, what a wonderful world…” I smiled while singing and spinning in a few circles.

“Abby, baby, are you awake.” Someone said while knocking on my door softly.

“Yes, Mom, I’m awake.” I said, as I paused the music and sat down on the rocking chair that looked out one of the two windows in my room. I knew Mom would start complaining that I would tire myself out by standing around or spinning in circles. She was always so worried that I was putting too much pressure on my body and nothing could convince her otherwise.

Mom walked in holding a tray of food. “Abby, it’s so early in the morning, and you are already staring out the window? Come now, get in bed silly girl and eat your breakfast.” She smiled at me as she placed the tray on a table next to my bed. She sat at the edge of the bed and then looked at me with a smile. “Come, baby, it’s time to eat.” She put two pillows against the headboard and opened up the comforter as I went back to my bed and sat in bed with my comforter in my lap. She passed me the tray when I found a position I liked. Today’s breakfast consisted of two wheat pancakes with several different types of berries and fresh orange juice. As I began to eat, Mom stood up and rubbed my back.

“Okay, dear, your teacher will be coming at 10, so make sure you take a bath before then. Also, don’t forget to take your medicine. The maid will be checking on you to make sure you do, so don’t even try to skip it.” She smiled. I smiled with her, remembering all the times that I had hidden from her and the maids because I didn’t want to eat all the pills. There were so many that I couldn’t even remember what each of them was for.

“Don’t worry Mom, I’ll be fine like always. I am 16 years old, you know. I’m not a troublemaker; I’m mature.” I smiled still chewing on my food.

“No talking with food in your mouth.” Mom smiled and kissed me on the forehead. “Okay baby. Oh, also, the doctor will be here at 5, so I will be home by then. Bye, baby, I love you. See you soon. ” Mom smiled as she opened my room door after glancing at her watch.

“Love you, too.” I smiled, and then Mom closed my door and left. I looked around my room, admiring the bright flowers that I had painted onto the walls. The room was very white other than the flower. My room had its own bathroom, but even everything in there was white. However, I didn’t have a problem with white. In fact, I liked how it made my room much brighter and it made my room looker bigger than it was, though that definitely wasn’t needed.

I had a large room that was filled with everything that I needed. I had a large bookshelf filled with books that I had already read. I was still waiting impatiently for Dad’s weekly trip to the bookstore when he bought me a few more books. I also had a desk and two chairs, along with a computer and even a flat-screen TV. I also had a huge walk-in closet, where I also stored all the different game consoles and video games I had. For the Xbox 360 alone I had almost 80 games. It was probably the dream room for any kid my age. I sighed as I finished my food and headed to my bathroom to take a shower.

After I was completely ready, I looked at the time and realized that it was only 7:45. I had already finished all the homework that was due today and the maid wouldn’t be checking in on me till 9 to make sure that I was ready. I had an hour and fifteen minutes to do whatever I wanted. As I turned, I spotted my window.

Whatever I wanted…

I would be dead if Mom or Dad found out, but Dad was on a business trip and Mom was at work. They wouldn’t find out. The window called to me, as I took a few steps toward it. I had a foldable ladder in my closet, which my parents got for me in case there was a fire and I needed to exit out the window. I grabbed the ladder and stood at my window and took a look outside, at the scenery that I had been staring at for so long, but I had never been able to touch the trees that I saw, nor had I been able to talk to the people who walked by. I did spend a lot of time in our very large backyard, but never without someone being there with me.

This was my only chance… I looked at the ladder in my hand. I shouldn’t do this. I was weak. I stayed inside for my own good, not because my parents forced me. It was too dangerous for me to be outside alone or to do strenuous things; it was too dangerous for my weak body, especially this past year.

I looked back outside the window with a new determination. I would be back quickly, and I would NEVER do this again. This was a one-time thing. After this, I would never bother my parents about going outside, nor would I ever do something without telling them.

After putting on my jacket, I unlocked the window, and slowly pulled in up. I latched the ladder to the window pane and watched it tumble to the ground. This was my only chance, and I was going to take it. Slowly and quietly, I put one leg out the window and then the other. I was outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Thanks for reading! lease tell me what you think! I will probably post the next chapter soon so that you have a better idea of what this story is going to be about. But, I hope you like it so far! =)

Sam