Sequel: With You
Status: Completed :)

Just Friends

Just Acting Like We're Animals

First mission: take pictures of twelve really hot guys who barely speak any English. You know how amazing that is? Maybe I would find my dream man in there. Maybe I would be getting married next month. Maybe I wouldn't be a thirty-one year old virgin by tomorrow. Maybe if the hot guys who barely spoke any English weren't so vain and laughed at how short I was, I would have one of the dreams come true

I'm short. I was the tallest in my class until seventh grade. Then, I stopped and everyone else shot up. My height only reaches 5'1 and I'm no string bean either. I'm “curvy” as my mom called it. I'm built like her. Why couldn't I be built like my gold digging sister or my file cabinet selling brother? They were tall and skinny like Dad.

That's why I never got very far with guys. They always wanted someone closer to their height. If I was that concerned about finding someone my own height, I'd have to search for a Smurf or head to Munchkinville In high school, people would laugh at Rob and I because he was so freaking tall and I was freaking short. Honestly, I think he'd grown since high school.

Enough about my vertically challenged issues, let's move on to my day on the beach for calender pictures. Really hot guys that got really wet and didn't have a whole lot on was how I would describe a good day. I couldn't believe I'd gotten this big of deal as my first assignment; my employer was really trusting me, and I wasn't going to let him down.

We finished around four and Teal and I headed for the studio. I'd promised her I'd take her to see Linkin Park in their natural habitat and she was thrilled. When we got there, everyone was there, including Sam. She was talking to Rob, a flirty smile on her face, and by the pitch in her voice, she was indeed flirting with him. He seemed to be enjoying it. That was good, maybe he'd get a girlfriend. Sam seemed nice and she was pretty.

Teal got “re–introduced” to the band and she spent most of her time there grinning like an idiot. I hoped I didn't look like that when I first showed up. I told everyone to just act natural and snapped a few pictures of them. “Acting natural” with all those guys, Teal, and me all in one room was like a zoo on crack. These guys were like a pack of rabid monkeys and Teal and I were the idiots who supplied the crack. Once, you got Linkin Park going there was no way to stop the maniacal laughter and lunacy.

I let Chester and Joe steal my camera and they did God knows what with it. Hopefully I wouldn't find any naked pictures when I got home...Oh, dear Lord.

While they were off messing around, I worked a little on my instrumental skills, getting a little better adapted with the drums again. I strummed on the guitar a little with Brad. The guitar was something I could never forget, it was by far my favorite instrument to play.

When everyone was out of the studio, Rob sat down at his drumset. I got a way to teach you a song, he said.

I quirked an eyebrow at him. “How's that?”

“Come here,”he said, gesturing me over.

I walked over, and when I was close enough, he grabbed my waist and brought me onto his lap.

“What the hell, Rob!” I yelped.

“We’re gonna use your photographic memory,”he replied, as though that would clear up why he'd just did what he did. Ironic isn’t it? I was a photographer with a slightly photographic memory. Actually, I wouldn’t call it that. When I saw and heard stuff, I could just retain it really easily. I’m surprised Rob remembered that.

“But what does–“

”Take the drumsticks. I got the kickdrum.” I hesitantly did what I was told, still wondering what the point of this was. He reached around me and took my wrists in his warm hands. Keep your wrists relaxed and remember what I do, he instructed and began to maneuver my hands around the drums, so–in a way–I was the one playing.

After a moment he paused. “What song?”

“Faint,”I answered immediately. I loved that song.

I saw his nod and smile and then he began again, bringing a smile to my own face. I could only imagine what it looked like with me as Rob's puppet. I cracked up when Phoenix came in, stopped and stared at us. He must of finally realized Rob was doing all the work because he just shook his head and went over to the other side of the room.

We stopped and I attempted to play the song on my own, but I stopped. “Rob, this is gonna take more than once.”

He nodded, took my wrists again and we started over. I got through the song without him and everyone was back. I got off Rob’s lap before Teal came in, not worrying to finish the song. I didn’t want her or anyone else jumping to conclusions.

Rob didn’t really seem to care since he told me he planned on taking me surfing tomorrow. It'd been forever since I'd thought–let alone actually surfed. When Chester and Joe returned with my camera, I had to nearly drag Teal out of there and back to our apartment.

“I love you, you know that?” Teal smiled.

I grinned at her. “Yeah, I do.”

“Those guys are a riot to hang out with! You have to take me again!”

“Teal...don't be a stalker,” I said slowly.

She stuck her tongue out at me, but her smile returned. “So Rob seemed pretty...interested in you tonight.”

I turned my head to her, with my trademark ‘You're an idiot’ look. “I don't think so. Him and Sam–”

“That other chick?” Teal snorted. “She couldn't keep his attention any longer than a...vegetarian to a bacon cheeseburger.”

I chuckled at her response. “That is the stupidest metaphor I have ever heard.” Then, I shook my head. “Rob and I are just friends. That's it.”

Teal quirked an eyebrow at me. “You sure he knows that?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title borrowed from Nickelback's "Animals". Not the greatest chapter again in my opinion. But its what you guys think. That's all that matters to me! So let me know!

Special thanks:
Ne.Ver.Fall.A.Sleep
Auluna

Comments? Subscriptions? Love?