Sequel: With You
Status: Completed :)

Just Friends

Just Dance

LP was heading to one of the biggest clubs in L.A. and Teal and I had been invited to tag along. We went serious shopping for the first time since we'd moved there and we had fun spending some of our month's paycheck. We–or I–were bound determined to find a hot California guy.

It was about nine and I was finishing applying my eyeliner when I heard Rob laying on the horn. I made my way out of the bathroom and to the door. “Come on, Teal!” I called, straightening my short, red, ruffled dress in the mirror. I was wearing a pair of six inch t-strap heels to make me look a little taller.

Teal came running out in black halter top and jeans. “Someone's trying to get lucky,”she observed.

I glared at her and she quickly stepped out the door. We ran down the stairs to be met my a shiny silver Comaro. Sam was sitting in the passenger seat so I climbed in the back with Teal.

“About time,”Rob said from the driver's seat.

I leaned forward and smacked him on the arm and he smiled at me from the rear view mirror. We drove through the streets until Rob pulled up to a large, dark building with “Indigo” in blue lights above the door. The four of us made our way into the building, Rob and Sam holding hands. I shoved the small annoying voice out of my head. It was dark inside with flashing lights and loud music coming from the dance floor. Mike, Chester, Joe, and Phoenix were sitting at one of the tables in the corner.

“Wow, Rob. You are quite the ladies' man,” Phoenix smirked. “Three dates at one time. Impressive.” Rob's eyes narrowed.

“I'm taken,” Teal cut in.

“And I'm here to find a date,” I clarified.

“I just saw a midget walk over thata way,” Mike grinned, pointing across the dim room.

“You're an ass,” I said flatly. Everyone laughed. The guys really enjoyed making fun of my shortness.

Brad wasn't coming and Chester and Joe were the only two that brought their wife(Talinda) and girlfriend(Heidi). They seemed pretty nice, I really enjoyed talking to them. It should have been Sam mingling with them, since she was...you know, the one with Rob. But she was too busy hanging on him and spending every living moment in his presence.

It shouldn’t' have annoyed me, but it did. It was like no one deserved his attention but her. Teal dragged me out the floor once for “Just Dance”, which is what I should have done. I should have just danced all night, but I wasn’t really into it. Sam and Rob were still in my view even from the dance floor. I made my way over to bar and ordered a drink. Hopefully, it would be strong enough for tonight.

Rob's POV

I have never seen anyone down so many shots of tequila in my life. I didn’t expect that anybody to be Jen. I kept glancing over at her to see her downing drink after drink.

“What are you looking at?” Sam asked quietly, running a hand down my chest.

“I'm starting to worry about Jen,” I said.

I noticed Sam roll her eyes. “She can take care of herself. I however...”she turned my face to her's. “can't.” Her lips were on mine, forcing me to pay attention. She was good. She definitely knew how to mess with a guy's head with one kiss.

We were both into it when someone landed on my lap. Sam and I jerked away from each other and I was staring at an incredibly intoxicated Jen.

“I'm sooo sorry, Rob. These shoes aren't made for walking,”she slurred. But instead of getting up, she grabbed my drink from the table and gulped it down. “I really need...another drink,”she mumbled, unsteady even in my lap.

“I think you've had enough,”I stated.

“Pfft! I'm just getting started!” Her face was inches from mine. The tequila and whatever else she'd been drinking was strong on her breath. "I'm not even drunk yet!"

Chester, Talinda, and Mike had come to sit back down and they were watching us. I could tell fromChester's and Mike's face that they were interested in what was going to happen next.

“Right...”I said. “Maybe I should take you home.”

Jen shook her head and about fell to the side, making her sling an arm around my neck. Nope. I have something very...important to announce.”

"What?" Chester encouraged her, getting a nudge from Talinda and glare from Teal.

Jen looked at him then back me. "I love you." Teal buried her face in her hands.

"Really," I said slowly, leaning away slightly.

She nodded enthusiastically. "But not like...a brother love. Like I love, love, looooove you!" She moved closer to me again, purposefully trying to give me a look down her dress. I looked over at Sam. She was giving Jen a glare strong enough to kill. Chester and Mike were trying to keep in their laughter. Teal just kept her face in her hands, shaking her head slowly.

“Well, that's good to know,” I said. “I think its time we get you home.”

“I don't want to,”Jen pouted, giving me the puppy dog eyes. Before I could say anything, she gave me a seductive smile. “If you let me stay, I'll give you a lap dance.”

“Oh my God,” Teal groaned. Chester and Mike burst out laughing.

“Okay, time to go,” I said, standing her on her feet.

“Whoa there, Jen!”Mike steadied her before she fell on him.

“Oh, hi Mike!” she grinned before nearly falling on her face.

It looked like she wouldn’t be getting out of there on her own feet, so I picked her up. She was lighter than anything.

“Wee!” Jen giggled. “Where are we going?”she asked. “Are you taking me home...to your house for the night?”

I didn't answer, I just shook my head and rolled my eyes. "You can't handle alcohol very well, can you?" Teal and Sam got up too.

“We'll see you tomorrow,”I said to Mike, Chester, and Talinda and we left the club. By the time we got to the car, Jen was already slurring her graphic questions.

I set her in the back of the car. “Don't puke all over my car, kay?”

She looked at me drunkenly. “Sure.”

Sam didn't say anything on the way to the apartment. She just stared out the window with her arms crossed. When we got to the apartment building, I helped Teal get Jen to the door.

"I'm really sorry," Teal said, keeping a hold of Jen's arm so she wouldn't fall on her face. She was only half conscience now.

"Its fine," I said honestly. "Just make sure she doesn't kill herself going up the stairs."

Teal smiled and began to lead Jen inside. "Bye, Robbie!" Jen yelled before the door closed. I gave a small wave and made my way back to the car.

Sam still didn't say anything and I was starting to realize she was really pissed. Why were women so touchy about stuff like this?

I walked her up to the door of her house and gave her a kiss. "Don't be mad at Jen, alright?" I said. "She hadn't an idea what she was saying."

"She was acting like a little slut..."

"Sam, don't." She glared at me for a few seconds, before her gaze softened.

She stood there thinking, before she looked up at me meaningfully. "You could...make it up by staying the night," she said. At first I thought she was kidding, but the look on her face proved otherwise. She was serious.

I blinked at her, then shook my head. "I can't."

Her face hardened again. "Fine!" she snapped and slammed the door in my face.

I sighed, shoved my hands in my pockets, and headed back to the car again. There was a reason for turning Sam down. I had things to think about. Even though I told Sam Jen didn't know what she was saying, I had a feeling she did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title borrowed from Lady Gaga's "Just Dance". Just for Ne.Ver.Fall.A.Sleep because she's going to update her story! :) Hope you enjoyed it! Was it entertaining seeing Jen get drunk because of Rob? lol It was weird writing in Rob's POV again. Its weird being a guy....lol

Special thanks to:
Ne.Ver.Fall.A.Sleep
LoonyLovegood

Love you guys!
Comments? Subscriptions? Love? :)