Status: Still in the process of being writen :)

Souls to Save

Chapter One

I sat in algebra, minding my own business and being quiet like normal, while everyone swooned over the new kid. Now, normally, I wouldn't have noticed, but he drew my eyes to him like a magnet draws iron to it.

I glanced up, then quickly back down, because he was staring at me. Non-stop staring. Like, total creeper stares coming from this guy. I picked my pencil up and started working on my homework again.

"Hey." he said, making me jump and look up.

"Hi." I said after a minute of silence.

"I'm Patrick, what's your name?" he said, sitting in the empty seat next to me.

"Lindsey." I told him, getting agitated.

"Mind if I sit here? You look...irritated by my presence." he asked.

"Go right ahead, just don't bring them with you." i said, pointing my eraser at his new little groupies.

"Cool. And they won't come over here." he told me. "hey, where are we in the material?"

"Just finishing simplifying square roots."

"Oh, ok. I'm way ahead then."

After the bell, as I was getting my backpack from the hall (the teacher makes us keep them out in the hall because she whines about tripping), Patrick came up and started talking, again.

"Hey Lindsey, are you free tonight?" he asked.

"I think so. How come?" I asked back.

"Do you want to go to a movie or something? I won 2 tickets in a contest and would like if you came with me."

I thought about my boyfriend, who lived 2,000 miles away, who treated me like shit. "Yeah, that'd be cool." I smiled.

"Cool." he handed me a slip of paper. "Text me later and I'll give you the deets." he said before walking away to his next class.

All through dance I thought about how the movie would go, but then I fell and stopped thinking and focused more on my feet than my little thoughts.

"Ok girls, we're done, but you know the rules. No leaving until I'm finished screening you guys. Lindsey, you're first." My teacher said, pulling me into her office.

"Ms. Hamel, you now I'm not infected." I told her.

"I know that. The hospital came by a little while ago." my heart instantly dropped (my dad had caner), because I thought the worst had happened.

"And?"

"They think they found a way to help your dad and get him treated. He signed the paperwork and is willing to try..." her voice trailed off as I remembered what he had said at my mothers funeral.

"Don't try to save me. I know it sounds selfish, but all I want is to be with your mother and little brother again." he had said, and i totally understood. My mom had been 8 months pregnant with my baby brother and had gotten T-boned by a semi-truck, and had been rushed to the hospital, because she had gone into labour, but neither of them had survived.

"No." I told her, folding my arms.

"It's not a choice..."

"You just said it was." I raised my eyebrow.

"I'll give you a minute to make up your mind then." she said and left, slamming the door.
Immediately I pulled out my cell phone.

Hey dad, did you sign any paperwork today?

No hon. Why?

Come get me. It's a Code Blue

"How's it going in there?" she yelled.

"Fine!" I called back.

The dinging of the intercom rang, "Ms. Hamel, please send Lindsey Howell down to the office, she's being checked out."

She sighed loudly. "Ok!" she yelled back. the door cracked open. "You heard her. Go." she told me.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and left the room and got my stuff, then walked into the office. I could smell my dad's cologne from across the room, and as soon as i saw him,
I just about knocked him over (which isn't hard, he's so skinny) with a hug.

"Thank you." I told him, then followed him to the car.

"Any time Hon." he said right as the door closed.

As soon as we got into the car he pulled out a small pistol, handing it to me, and started the car.

"What did they tell you?" he quietly asked.

"That my blood immunity could save you."

"And you know how much bullshit that is right?" he said, staring out the windshield, tears gathering in his eyes.

"Y...yeah I do." I hesitated then, so I didn't cause my father to cry, again.

as soon as I was in the house and safe again, he drove off, probably back to the hospital. I looked around, for once noticing how much space I always had to myself here.

Hey Patrick ~Lindsey

Oh Hey!

What time is this movie?

About 7:30 tonight

Ok, see you then :)

Bye ;)

I put my phone on its charger, then went to the bathroom to get ready, just to take up the 4 hours of boredom that would come between now and the date.

I looked in the mirror and almost cringed.

"No. Not the purple. I look like I have black eyes." I wiped off the eyeshadow. "Maybe blue?" I asked myself. My phone vibrated.

Makeup advice-Black works for the mood ~Patrick

I put the black on as fast as possible without ruining it.

When I was finished I went downstairs to the living room. Great. Still alone. I went over and flipped on the T.V. and put on cartoons. I glanced at the clock. 7:15.

Maybe my hair could use more gel...no, its perfect. Makeup...No. I flipped off the T.V., then just sat there for a couple minutes.

"Why is there never anything to do in this house?" I yelled to myself at the top of my lungs, then punched a pillow.

Immediatly feeling bad for the pillow, I hugged it to my chest, then rocked back and forth. "Get ahold of yourself. Why the sudden flip-out?" I asked myself. I looked again at the clock. 7:28.

I heard a knock at the door. I ran over and looked through the peephole of the door. There stood a guy in a tux with his back to me.

"Who is it?" I asked, and he turned around.

"Patrick." he replied.

"Come on in." I opened the door and let him in.

"Sorry, but they don't allow jeans." he smiled.

"Ok, Let me go change." I said. He nodded and I ran upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nexts chapter is in Patricks perspective, but it'll probably be really short!