The Flames of Love

First

“Persephone? Where are you?”

I sat on the roof, invisible, as my mother searched our extensive back yard. Her white and gold dress billowed around her legs as she checked behind one of the large statues of herself, frowning when she couldn’t find me. She continued to look, calling for me as she moved through the grassy yard. Her long dark hair pulled back with a piece of gold ribbon, the ends twirling in the air.

“Persephone, answer me now!”

Like I’m really going to respond to that.

My mother groaned, the sound full of her anger, as she turned and reentered our home, her bare feet graceful as she practically barreled into the cabin. I can tell that she’s pissed, not happy that I’ve disappeared again, but she’s just going to have to get over it. If she finds me now she’ll want to spend every second with me, picking berries in the woods or listening to the prayers of our followers.

I don’t have time for that today, not if I’m going to sneak into my father’s forbidden office. Teleporting to my father’s mansion I quietly walk to his office, remaining invisible in case I walked into one of his worshipers, or one of his current lovers.

Or, Olympus forbid, Hera.

Tip toeing down the hall, I reach his office door without any problems. Pretty proud of myself, I slowly push the soundless gold door open and slide into the room. My father has three levels to his office, the first a large golden room where he’ll bring a few chosen followers and grant their wishes. The second is where he’ll meet other Gods and Goddesses. There isn’t a lot of gold, it’s mainly a business office where his meetings will take place, and the third level is where he’ll meet his brothers. I’m told it’s decorated in mid-evil swords and whenever any of the men are in there they’re entertained by the most beautiful women in the world.

I could care less about the women. The only reason I want to go in there is because my dad told me not to. He should know by now that the best way to get me to do something is by telling me not to.

Ignoring the gold walls, chairs, and desk I walk to the gold door on the other side of the room. Silently pushing that open I step into a silver room, this one familiar to me. I’ve been in this office many times; dad normally transports me here when he wants to see me. There were black rugs scattered over the silver floor, a love seat and a set of cushy chairs in one half of the large room for small meetings and on the other side sat a long metal table that sits all the Gods and Goddesses for bigger meetings.

Spotting the silver door I smile, feeling the sticky fingers of excitement slide down my back. I’ve never been this close to that third office. Any time I’m here dad’s here with me, or one of his brothers. This will be an epic success once I get to that room.

My smile growing into what could possibly be taken sinister, I place my hand on the silver knob and twisted. I hold my breath as the door opened and I stepped into the dark room. It was hard to see, so I held my right hand out and spoke a small command. Immediately the lights in the room dimmed on, allowing me to see the room. My eyes widened when they landed on the large, wall sized flat screen TV. In front of the TV sat a plush brown full length couch with two recliners on either side. There were even end tables between the furniture for the men to place their drinks.

On the left side of a room was a full length bar with a refrigerator and tap beer. The right held two doors, when I opened them one was a bathroom and the other a bedroom. Perhaps the rumor about the beautiful women were true, but as far as I can tell the one about the swords is completely- oh, no, there they are. Two of them crossed right above the four poster bed.

I was about to leave the room when I felt the air fizzle, tiny vibrations foreshadowing a God teleporting into the area. Acting quickly I dash into the bedroom and close the door, leaving it slightly open so that I can peek out and see what’s going on.

I watched as my dad appeared behind the couch, pushing his blonde hair back with his hand. He was tall, his ego forcing him to always tower over everyone around him. I swallowed as he walked toward me, closing the door a little more and breathing a sigh of relief when he walked into the bathroom.

Sliding out of the room I soundlessly ran back to the door, touching the knob just as a deep voice sounded behind me.

“Looks like Zeus already ordered our entertainment. You weren’t trying to escape before the fun could begin, were you?”

I slowly turned and stared with wide eyes as Hades leaned against the back of the couch and smiled at me, his light grey eyes full of amusement, “Hey there, Seph, ready to get the pleasure started?”
♠ ♠ ♠
First one's up XD!

Hope yall like it!