The Story Of Us

Entry Four

Don’t you wish you could just redo a memory? Like, change what really happened, whatever it was that made you feel that way. That’s kind of how I feel with what I’m going through. It has to do with Adam and how I started talking with him; back in eighth grade. Sadly I remember every single bit of memory, every feeling, every emotion…just everything about that one day. Thursday. How could I not remember it? That day is literally burned in my mind. Although look at it this way, I doubt he remembers. Guys don’t normally remember crap like that, it’s just the girls that do…usually.

…Eighth Grade…

It was a Thursday, in the middle of the day at school. Now I shouldn’t have to explain middle school students, especially the girls and how they act. Trust me, I was one of them, probably every girl was one of those annoying loud…lets get back to the point. I was in my little group in class, we finished our assignment and were just talking. Well, they were, I’m little Miss. Quiet.

“Hey Abela, would you date Sheldon?”

I looked at Sheldon, he was nice but not even close to my type. Wait, it was middle school then, who would really know who their type was? He had short brown hair, brown eyes, and a tan face. Oh, he’s short to.

“No,” I shook my head.

Bailey looked at Daniel sitting next to her, “How about Daniel?”

He was a big guy with longish blonde hair, but the sweetest guy you will ever meet. Still though, no way. I didn’t bother to respond to that and instead just shook my head once.

Now that I think about it, she should have just dropped the whole subject. Looking back at me she goes, “Do you like anyone?”

Apparently since I could not lie, I was always honest then. I shook my head yes.

…Present Day…

Okay I’m not going to explain what happened next. Y’all know already if you’ve read the main page. You know, the one where it talks about a girl who regretted what she said, wished she could just take it all back. Fix everything and make it like she never admitted she liked him, and still do. Well if it’s not obvious, that’s me. I’m the girl, I regret for what I did, I regret for not telling him that “Yes” I like you. But, I was in middle school then. I’m a Sophomore now! I know more than I did, and whenever I see him now I get choked up and forget my words. Hell, I can’t even manage a wave, my whole body kind of like, freezes now.

He’s literally like a ghost in my mind. I can’t stop thinking of him, and just can’t forget him. Can’t forget that one day, one stupid day that should have been forgotten, but not. God, what is wrong with me? Why do I keep beating myself up with this whole thing. Why can’t I forget, why does it have to be him, why do I have to like him so much.

God, you’re the one who knows why everyone likes someone. And you know, you know the reason for it too. So, why do I like him so much like this. Why can’t I forget him…it!?

“I don’t think I’ll ever break through, the ghost of you…”