Till the Day That I Found You

.o11

The light flashed green and I continued on. Soon enough Walk in the Sun came on, Erica's favorite McFly song. I sang along to it while tapping on the steering wheel to the slow beat. I still had a long way to go to get to practice. I mean, it wasn't that long, but I have the attention span of an ant, so it seems like forever. I slowed to stop behind a line of cars at another red light. I leaned over to open the glove compartment. I had to stop taking Erica's car to practice. The moment I opened the door pictures and CDs came flooding out.

"Really?!?"

I attempted to catch them and shove them back. The person behind me started beeping and screaming, "What are you doing asshole? Move it!"

"Well that's rude."

I drove on. As the CD changed I popped it out and reached for another one. Unsafely, I grabbed one that fell on the floor from the glove compartment. Not looking at it, I opened it and put it in the player. Soon Born To Run was blasting from the speakers.

"Oh yeah! Who can pick a Springsteen CD without even looking? LIKE A BOSS." I smiled at my own joke, "No pun intended."

I turned right at a stop sign and glanced back down at my mess. I noticed a picture that Jade took from our wedding. It was Erica on the beach with her dress blowing behind her as she stood in front of the sea, like she was greeting an old friend. I picked up the picture at the next stop sign. I smiled. I slipped the corner of it under the dashboard hula girl. I continued on my merry way glancing at the picture every so often...

My phone started to buzz from the counter where I had left it. I ignored it at first but then it kept buzzing. I stopped talking to Michael and got up to see who was calling me.

"It's my mom," I told him. I clicked SEND and was about to say, "Hello" But I heard rustling.

"I hate this new phone," I heard my mom say. "I have no clue how to work it." She must have put it down.

"That's why I always ask the simplest phone they have to offer at the store," it was Erica's mom.

"Whatever, I'll have to have Vic teach me how to use this. Anyway, that last dress was God awful!"

"Uhg, I know! Did they even listen to Erica's request? That was the farthest thing from what she said she needed."

"These people do not know how to do their job."

"I know, I could just... could just... Oh my God."

There was a pause, Mikey asked what was going on I was about to say when I heard Erica's voice.

"There isn't a mirror in that changing room, how does this one look?"

The mom's weren't saying anything.

Erica voice continued getting louder so she had to be walking toward them, "I saw this dress and instantly loved it, but will it go with the whole beach thing? Will Zach like it? It's a sample size so they said I can walk out with it today if I want! Which we need because Zach scheduled the beach for so soon! But I'm so glad he did, even though it gives us no time for planning, I love that I'll be a Porter soon!"

"Erica, hun, just get over here and look in the mirror," my mom said.

"Is it that bad?" Erica asked.

"Little bit, please just turn around to look in the mirror," her mom said. Erica had explained to me that her mom called her Little bit because in Mombo Number 5 there's a lyric that says, "A little bit of Erica by my side."

There was movement in the fabric, and a really long pause. Then a soft, "Oh, my God!" From Erica.

By this point Nathan, Cameron, Michael, and I were sitting around my phone which was on speaker. We all looked up at each other with large eyes.

Erica carried on what she was saying, "I think this is it. I can see myself getting married in this dress."

"You look stunning," said another woman's voice. I didn't recognize it so I assumed it was the lady that worked there.

"Mom, can I have a tissue," it sounded like Erica was crying. Her mom must have handed one to her because Erica whispered, "Thanks." Then she asked, "Is there any way we could get a little less... fluff in the skirt of this?"

"Sure let me get the tailor."

Erica said to our moms, "I know that this was made for the Princess collection but I need to keep in mind that we're going to be on a beach."

Soon a guy's voice was heard and there was some more fabric movement and a lot of talk about the dress.

"That makes it even better!" my mom said. "Yes, cut out the fluff and it's perfect."

"But keep a bit of volume," my soon-to-be mother-in-law said.

"Yeah, we're not paying top dollar for a white sheet!"

Erica laughed at them and told them it was perfect after the tailor had cut out some fabric.

"Do you need a veil?" the woman asked.

"Uh..." my mom said. "Yes," Erica's mom said. "No," Erica said. All at the same time.

"What do you mean no?"

"Mom, I don't want a veil. It'd going to be too hot under it. And it's too old school. I've been making something else to go on my head, if my hair cooperates that day. If it doesn't I'm going to fish tail it down and weave daisies into it!"

There was an awkward pause, "Yeah I can see that. I should have known you'd want flowers in your hair. You're a freakin' flower child for Christ's sake!"

"So, are you ready to purchase the dress?" the lady asked.

"Yes!" Erica said in a tone that I hadn't heard her use since she used it after my proposal.

There was suddenly more rustling and the call was ended.

"So, your mom butt dialed you?" Cameron said.

I nodded. Then I got a text. It was Erica. It was a picture. It was a close up of white fabric and it said, "Twenty-eight more days ;)" as the caption. I smiled and the guys laughed at me. My face had gotten so red I shoved my head in my shirt to hide...

I looked back at the picture. She really did look amazing in that dress. I couldn't stop smiling as Thunder Road started to play. I really was a crazy for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've head this in my head for a while, just got around to put it in the story.
http://www.disneybridal.com/details.html?category=bridalgowns&id=205 this is the dress I was imagining by the way.