Till the Day That I Found You

.oo6

After Zechariah had a clean diaper on and smelt of baby power, I walked with him back out to the kitchen. Erica was talking to Mrs. Hare.

"Well, it's always been easy to talk to him and I never felt like I was faking it around him," Erica was glowing. I smiled and walked over to her. I was still cradling Zechariah and I kissed Erica's temple.

Mrs. Hare smiled and looked over at Elizabeth and Amy, "You girls are lucky. And you too little Zechariah. You're parents will always be madly in love."

Erica tried to hide her face from me. But I could see it turning red and she was still glowing. Just like the rest of that night I was thinking of before my little boy crapped himself...

She tugged me out the door. She was giggling and then turned to me and put her finger to her lips then moved it to mine. Something about this hyper-Erica was totally hot. She let go of my hand and skipped ahead of me. She twirled, skipped, and danced. I chased after her and she held back laughter. Erica reached the gated in pool and hopped the fence. How she did that in her undergarments, I had no clue. I chased her over the gate and watched her dive into the pool.

I didn't know what to do. She was swimming around in her bra and underwear. We were engaged for only a week. I looked down to make sure my underwear wasn't white. I sighed in relief; Green, safe. Before I knew what was going on I felt like I was falling. Erica had grabbed my leg and pulled me in. I belly flopped in. I came back up and moved my hair out of my face. Erica was flowing around. Then she sunk down and swam to the deep end again.

I swam like a shark over to her than grabbed her. She squealed.

"I'm saving you!" She pretended to go limp in my arms. "Oh, no! We're losing her!"

I took her out of the pool and laid her on the diving board.

"I think we might need to do CPR." She held her breath. I loved her so much. I bent over her and placed one hand on her stomach, right under her sternum, my fingers gently touching the "Do" on her tattoo. I put my lips to hers but before I could even moderately pretend to be a lifeguard Erica leaned up and into the kiss. Did I mentioned how much I loved her?

We stopped when we heard footsteps coming toward the pool area. She looked at me and I pulled away. We laughed and she grabbed my hand. We ran back out of the gated area and back to our room.

When we got there we both collapsed on the floor. Dying of laughter. I looked over at her and her face was turning red and glowing. I loved her glow. I reached out to her and grabbed her around her waist again and pulled her to me.

She smiled at me and whispered, "Who do you think that was?"

I shook my head, "I don't know, maybe the manager?"

She laughed then cuddled against me. Erica looked up and moved my hair out of my eyes. She then let her fingers trace my jaw bone. She smirked and held me tighter again. We stayed like that until Erica ran to the bathroom to take a shower and get the chlorine out of her hair because she, "Didn't want her dirty blonde hair breaking." And she always had healthy hair because she, "Never straightened or dyed it." I stayed on the floor a bit longer and stared at the ceiling. I daydreamed of our wedding day. It was only a month away and I didn't think I could wait any longer...

We walked Mrs. Hare out and within the hour welcomed my mom in. I had to go to band practice soon and she was coming over to help Erica. But she was two hours early, like always. I really had to stop telling her the actual time of band practice.