Till the Day That I Found You

.oo8

We were bobbing in the water waiting for a wave. When she took one she saw I remembered the day I came back from a rehearsal to find Erica crying. It was terrible. I had to take her to the beach so she'd calm down. She just kept saying sorry, as if it was her fault. We went to Harry Potter Wizarding World the next day, I had to make her happy...

I walked in to the hotel room laughing at something Cameron said earlier. Erica was laying on the bed.

"Hi, Erica!" I went over to her and went to kiss her. I noticed her tear stained face. I knelt down next to the bed, "Hey, what's wrong?"

She tried to tell me, she really did. But she just kept letting out what sounded like blubbering.

"I'm sorry, babe. I can't understand."

She tried again. Then shook her head violently.

"Hey, hey, hey," I jumped up and sat next to her. She sprung up and grabbed me into a hug. She was holding on so tight, like she'd lose me at any moment. I held her tight back and smoothed her hair out, "Hey, it's okay. I'm here now and we'll fix this." I still had no clue as to what was going on.

"I'm so sorry," I managed to hear her say.

"It's okay. It's okay."

She shook her head again.

"Alright, okay, umm... Let's go to the beach. That'll make you happy. Come on, let's go." I knew that unless we went to one of the Disney resorts the beach was going to be an hour out of the way, but I needed Erica to calm down.

We caught the bus just at the right time I made sure to hide Erica from curious passengers. I wrapped an arm around her on the bus and we watched out the window. We arrived at the beach soon enough and I sat us down before the water crashed the shore.

She took a deep breath in and closed her eyes. I waited. What could have been so terrible that she would feel this way? She slowly opened her eyes and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Come on, Erica. Don't be sorry." What was she even sorry for?

"I have to be! I'm a terrible wife!"

"Hey! Don't ever say that. You're an amazing wife and I love you more than words can begin to describe. Do not say otherwise. I know who I fell in love with and refuse to be told I was wrong. The fact you can put up with me is a miracle in itself. You are the best wife."

"But I also want to be a mother."

"And we took care of that. Do you not remember the other night as well as I do?"

She allowed herself to smirk a little, "No, I remember it quite well. It's just that, just that..."

"Just that what?"

"I have my period."

Quickly I understood. She lost our possible baby. But that didn't make her terrible, "So, we timed it wrong. That's nothing to be sorry for. We'll try again," I smiled, "and again, and again, and again, and again..."

She laughed and brought my face to hers. Before kissing me she said, "I love you."

"I love you too," we kissed and everything was okay again...

Erica finished her wave and came back to me. I gave her a thumbs up and smiled. She splashed me and told me to go and take the next wave. She pointed at one that was midway forming. I did and it was gnarly. While shredding it I thought of the more positive memory after we tried and tried again...

It was less than a month later, we were in Ocean City, the same place Erica and I got married. So what better place to try again then there! Then in San Diego we tried again. The cycle continued, and it never got old.

When we were back in Florida when on tour with Selena, Erica told me. She had been acting a bit weird that day. And she seemed like she wanted to tell me something but didn't. Finally after we got off stage and Erica came backstage from her spot where she took pictures, she looked a little more hopeful. She sat next to me on the sofa and was quiet. All the guys dispersed, just went off doing their own thing. She went over to her bag and pulled out a box. It was wrapped.

"I have a surprise for you, but I don't want you getting too excited."

I reached for the box and unwrapped it. I took off the top cover part and was staring at a little plastic rod. It took me a minute. I looked it over again then notice that at one end it had a screen. I read it. Then I read it again, in disbelief. I trust that I screamed after that.

"Glad you're happy," Erica said in a laugh then hugged me.

My Erica, my beautiful Erica, was carrying our beautiful baby. She reminded me that since it was early, she could lose it again. I didn't care though, as of now she was holding life in her. That's all that mattered...

The wave crashed on me. I had to quit daydreaming. Erica paddled to me laughing and helped me back up on my board. We paddled back to the house so my mom wasn't alone with three kids for too long. My three beautiful babies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Double whammy!