True Love Blossoms for These Withered Flowers

Best Friends?

Elle’s P.O.V:

I was smiling to myself in class as the lunch bell went. I barely heard it over the noise of my classmates. I was so happy to finally be rid of Jared. I wonder what Katie would think? She should be proud. Katie and I have been best friends since I moved to Bellville High School in grade 10. Besides Jared, she’s the only one I talk to. I made my way to my locker and shoved my books inside, heading to the cafeteria. Sure enough, Katie was sitting at our usual table…with Jared…hand in hand? I stood still and watched them from a distance for a while, unable to believe my eyes. “Katie…What are you doing?” I asked her as I approached the table.

“Oh…Elle. Hi! You’ll never guess what!” Oh great. Here we go.

“Does this have anything to do with you two holding hands?” I asked calmly. Yet inside, I was furious. How could she!?

“Jared asked me out!” She looked at me as if expecting me to congratulate her or something.

“Uh, what?” I asked, not wanting to believe it.

“Yeah, that’s right. I asked Katie out,” Jared said, his eyes boring into mine. Unbelievable…

“And you said yes!? Katie…We only just broke up this morning!” I yelled, finally losing it.

“Well you broke up with him, so what’s the problem?” she asked. “He’s just too perfect to reject.” She looked dreamily at Jared.

“How are we supposed to hang out if he’s here now?” I asked softly, afraid of the answer.

“Elle…I’m sorry but…Jared and I are close friends too. I can’t just ditch him.” Katie truly did sound sorry. It still hurt though. Now I’m all alone. I nodded my head. It was time to go our separate ways. I’ve lost friends before just like everyone else, but Katie was my only friend here.

“Goodbye Katie,” I said before turning around and leaving them. I sat at a table by myself for the first time in a long time feeling completely alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, kinda short...Sorry!
Thanks for reading! :)