True Love Blossoms for These Withered Flowers

Trust Me

Elle’s P.O.V:

Gerard had offered to drive me to school, but seeing as it was past 1, I declined his offer. I’d deal with my raging parents once I got home. We’d spent a few hours after waking up just bumming around watching tv, having completely forgotten what happened in the morning. It wasn’t until Mikey came in slamming the door behind him that it hit me.

“Gerard, how the fuck could you do that to her!?” he yelled as he made his way to the lounge room. “What the hell were you-ohh...you’re still here?” He stopped yelling and stood dumbfounded in the middle of the lounge room.

“Mikey uhh...” I didn’t wanna say it.

“Nothing happened you idiot. She was cold, so I let her sleep with me. That’s all,” Gerard said. Mikey flushed a light pink colour.

“Ohh...” He sat down beside me on the couch. “So umm, sorry for leaving without you. It’s just I thought you’d wanna stay with Gerard in the morning if you...well if...” Gerard laughed.

“Just shut up Mikey.”

“Yea, I’m gonna go get something to eat. You guys want anything?”

“No thanks,” I said politely. Gerard shook his head. Mikey headed into the kitchen.

“Sorry my brother is such a dork,” Gerard said. He switched channels on tv, then groaned. “There’s never anything on.”

“Hey, you said you work and go to art college and all,” I said, turning to look at him.

“Yea?”

“How come you didn’t have to go today?”

“I get Friday’s off,” he replied. “Besides, I’m on holidays now.”

“What!? That’s so unfair,” I grumbled. Gerard laughed. Damn, I loved his laugh.

“I have to work tomorrow tho, on the weekend...”

“Ha!” I replied.

“That’s not nice.” He pulled a sad face, but couldn’t hold it very long. A smile soon creeped through.

“I should probably go home soon. My parents are gonna wonder where I am,” I said sadly. Gerard noticed my tone.

“Why so sad Elle?” he asked.

“They’re gonna be so angry with me,” I said softly. Gerard nodded, understanding.

“I’ll walk you home,” he said. “Hey Mikey! I’m taking Elle home, so don’t destroy the house whilst I’m gone, okay?”

“Yea whatever,” he replied from somewhere within the house.

“Right, let’s go!” He gathered all my art stuff and headed out the door, with me following closely behind.

“This is it,” I said as we reached my house. My parents weren’t home yet, as their cars weren’t there. Thank god. “Do you wanna come in?”

“Yea, sure.” Gerard smiled at me, and I melted. I opened the door and showed Gerard around. On my way, I deleted the message the school left on the phone about me not being there today. Well, that’s that problem solved. Gerard smirked at me.

“Naughty,” he said.

“At least I won’t get in trouble now.” I loved it when things worked out for me like that. I headed up to my room so that Gerard could put my art stuff there.

“Whoa, I love your room,” he said as we entered. He was looking at my postered walls, then up to the postered ceiling. “Nice.” I began to put everything away where it belonged as Gerard looked through my CD’s. “You sure do love your music,” he commented. “At least you have good taste.” He turned my CD player on and pushed play, jumping back in shock a little as Green Day blasted out.

“Shit, sorry,” I said, turning it down.

“Holy hell, that scared the life outta me!” Gerard said, clutching his chest.

“Well it serves you right for touching my things,” I replied, laughing at him.

“Why so damn loud?”

“Uhh...helps I guess,” I mumbled.

“Helps what?” he asked. I didn’t reply. “Elle?”

“Helps with the pain. It just makes me forget and cheers me up, I guess,” I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

“Pain? What kinda pain?” He sounded a little worried. He came a little closer to me, close enough to see the tears in my eyes.

“Just...” I felt a tear trail down my cheek. “Just with Jared and home and school getting to me.”

“Is Jared your jackass ex?” he asked. “Please don’t cry over him hun.” He wiped the tears from my face, but more fell.

“I shouldn’t anymore. He can’t hurt me anymore,” I said, and I realised something. He truly couldn’t hurt me anymore.

“That fucker hurt you!? How!?” Gerard was suddenly angry.

“Uhh...he’s hit me a few times...just stuff like that...” I whispered softly. Gerard was silent for a moment.

“That’s not all, is it...” he said softly, putting his hands on my shoulders. “Elle, you can tell me. You can trust me.” I broke down crying right then and there. Gerard pulled me into a hug. I’d never told anyone any of this before. I used to be worried that Jared would find out and leave me.

“He...I...I said no and..and he didn’t listen...he said I had to let him because I was his and everything...” I cried.

“He...raped you?” Gerard asked softly, rubbing my back.

“He can’t do it again,” I said quietly. Gerard pulled away from me a little, but still held me.

“I will find this fucker, and make sure he thinks again before hurting another girl like this,” Gerard said through gritted teeth.

“He’s going out with who used to be my best friend...” I said, suddenly realising how much trouble Katie was in. Why it didn’t click before, I have no idea.

“Don’t worry, okay? I’ll make sure he gets what’s coming to him. I promise Elle.” He was staring right at me.

“Please don’t tell anyone Gerard. Don’t tell Mikey,” I said, looking away from him. He put his hand beneath my chin and forced me to look back at him.

“Hey, I said you can trust me. I mean it.” He pressed his lips softly against mine, and I forgot what had just been said. I forgot everything as I felt his tongue slide against my bottom lip, then against my own. I wrapped my arms around Gerard’s neck as he pulled me closer to his body. He pulled away after a while.

“You’re a good kisser,” I mumbled.

“I really am too old for you...” he said softly, biting his lip.

“I really don’t care,” I replied, earning a small smile from him.

“I should probably go before your parents come home,” he said.

“They’d probably not care,” I said. They really wouldn’t.

“Just in case. Besides, I shouldn’t leave Mikey for too long. He’s known to do stupid things.” He rolled his eyes, and I laughed.

“Okay...I guess.” I went to my desk and jotted down my number for him. “Call me when you can?”

“I definitely will.” We headed downstairs and to the front door.

“I’ll seeya later then,” I said.

“Seeya Elle.” He leant in and kissed me on the cheek before heading out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so damn long since I updated :/